BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #hegubupehi-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #judgement-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone! This is my first cartridge using the PICO-8 console. It's called Judgement, and it's based off of the Game and Watch game "Judge". It's a fairly simple game, and a game of chance at that. This was a fun project to work on - it took me about 6 hours start to finish. I hope to contribute a lot more games to the community in the near future.

1 comment

Cart #blockrupt2-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #knoll-0 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 Knoll.

2 comments

Cart #worf-1 | 2019-03-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #llmailloux72-4 | 2019-03-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #connectfourplus-0 | 2019-03-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the first project I completed in pico-8: Connect four +
It is just like connect four but with a twist.
When someone puts four of their pieces in a row the game doesn't just end. Instead, the pieces disappear and everything above falls down sometimes making new four in a row's. For every four in a row, four random pieces of the other person will disappear.
You can play against a friend or against AI. (or let AI play against itself :-P)

controls

• Use the arrow keys to select the slot in which you want to drop your piece.
  • X to drop the piece.

Have fun.

ps. I have never beaten the AI myself.

pps. I also have an itch.io page.

7 comments

This is a 17-games-in-one collaborative cart. There have been a couple of 16-in-1 jams done before but these tended to be presented as 16 standalone games with a menu screen to pick between them. I wanted to do something that was an homage to Lazy Jones on the C64 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7DyoDJCqac), where you have 16 mini-games but also an overarching 17th game that ties them all together.

There were 16 different developers in 10 countries: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, France, Russia, Hungary, Norway, Finland, Sweden.

Contributors were: @Liquidream @platformalist @p01 @gruber_music @egordorichev @brintown @enargy @viza @MrHodgepants @kometbomb @johanpeitz @2darray @GregosEl @dollarone​, plus UncleSporky and... me!

Fly around space collecting crystals to open “anomalies”. Each one will send you to another dimension where a weird challenge will present itself. Do well and your ship will be refuelled accordingly! Try to get through all 16 anomalies before you run out of fuel.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

Cart #doomfire-0 | 2019-03-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #zsegirna-0 | 2019-03-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Hey all, how do I make sprites load on the game over screen? Why is other stuff loading in that's also in mode "game"? Also I'm working on cutting down the sprite stuff bc seems like it should be easier, not sure on the best way to do it.

Song is a track from Princess Remedy called Goodnight Legend [NES]

Cart #hitisujori-0 | 2019-03-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #titol1-0 | 2019-03-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(Note: this cart uses devkit mode, so be sure you can attach a mouse to your PICO-8!)

Description

The elephant forgot the rest of the levels, but luckily he still has one left! Help him beat it in all his metagaming glory. Use your keen knowledge of gaming and dexterity to manhandle your way through a variety of challenges. Get your mind out of the box for once! Take it outside for a walk, or maybe grab a bite to eat with it.

Oh, and beat the level. There's only one.

Controls

Arrow keys, but I am told not to tell you any more than that. The elephant says so.

Response from jmtb02 (who made the original)

"holy shit"

[ Continue Reading.. ]

19 comments

did something change recently with the time function? when I run it in update60() I get seconds every half second, but when I run it in update() I get seconds every second

do I need to divide by 2 if I'm running in 60fps mode or is this a bug?

this is all the code I have currently, was just running a quick test when I noticed odd behavior

function _init()

end

function _update60()
 t=time()
end

function _draw()
 cls()
 print(t,64,64)
end
1 comment

Cart #rahekegidi-0 | 2019-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #dugigobeme-0 | 2019-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #trumpland-1 | 2019-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #picotune-0 | 2019-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Picotune is a cute, 64x64 music player for your local PICO-8 carts~

Usage

1. Place Picotune in your carts folder
  2. Place other carts in your carts folder
  3. Listen to your favorite tunes!
13 comments

Hello! I was wondering if there is any to get a sprite to snap to a 16x16 grid like a map cell would, my main goal here is to make a sort-of mini map editor, but I can't seem to get the sprite to snap to the correct coordinates. Thank you!

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->