BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Fight the Australian Bushfires, Save the Animals!

This short little game is dedicated to the volunteers and firefighters who help rescue and shelter wildlife affected by the Australian bushfires. As students we decided to start an initiative called #Games4Australia where we created a charity game in one week or less in order to raise awareness for the ongoing crisis. We ourselves are half a world away, but believe we can still have an impact.

Support the people fighting to rescue and shelter the wildlife go visit
https://www.wires.org.au/

Find out what you can do to help.

Are you an aspiring developer or professional then we urge to join our Games4Australia discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/X2vTrQr
We are looking to add more games: https://games4australia.weebly.com/

Also check out Ember Rains by Koalafish Studios over at: https://koalafish-studios.itch.io/ember-rain
Their other social media: https://linktr.ee/koalafishstudios

It has been one week and this has been what we were able to create. But we will mostly likely add more content in the following weeks. So be sure to follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/cubehamster for future updates.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #fabuhesuri-1 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Generates a bunch of medieval people.

4 comments

Latest version:

Cart #ddp8-6 | 2020-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Original post:

Cart #ddp8-0 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first release of pretty much anything game related. A fun proof-of-concept that lets you drive a train in a manner similar to the Japanese Densha de Go series of PlayStation games from 20+ years ago. Bonus forum points are awarded if the train is correctly identified as my local light rail system.

Learned a ton as I knew nothing about PICO-8 or Lua as of Christmas.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Hello !

THIS map is from the JELPI demo written by ZEP

I recently wrote this rather nifty utility which will take a .p8 file, calculate all the sprites and the map, and then give you an option to save either as a .JPG or .PNG the entire visual map for reference. It is for WINDOWS and was requested HERE:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=36489

I am currently using MEDIAFIRE to host this file. If you can think of a better more reliable site to host it that would be fine.

You can find this utility HERE:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zn3aefsbhtfmlj3/map2jpg_01-15-20.exe/file

You can speed it up and skip the logo animations by hitting ESC once it first comes up.

It actually has a few debug stuff running which is nice to see.

Choosing a P8 file it shows:

1. The sprite set, hit a key.
  2. A quick scan of all sprites, hit a key.
  3. The map image ready to save, hit a key.
  4. Filebox, save as PNG or JPG

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Hello!
I've just started working in P8 and I've noticed that audio doesn't seem to work inside the editor or while running the game. However, it does work when I'm using Splore. I've looked through the forums but haven't been able to find anyone else who's had an issue like this, so I hope it isn't just an issue with my computer.

7 comments

Cart #fishin_2020-0 | 2020-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first successful cartridge! It's nothing more than a proof-of-concept for an idea, and a way to break me into programming for this console.

1 comment

Cart #mellow-2 | 2020-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple endless game that I worked on during GDQ :)

See the menu for additional options:

• Mute music
  • Hide HUD
23 comments

Cart #acceler8-3 | 2024-04-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Acceler-8

A small Pico-8 Motorcycle racing game with procedurally generated tracks. Compete against 7 other racers, but watch out for the cars!

Also available on Itch.io.

Special thanks to Nette for cleaning up some of the bad pixel art for this cart!

Z/C to drive, X to brake, Arrow keys to steer.
Apparently, I accidentally deleted this post a while ago, whoops!

Features:

• Procedurally generated tracks with hills, curves and field objects
  • 3 Different Regions
  • 6 Bike Styles

Update:

• Racers now change lanes and dodge cars!
  • Racers should spread out a bit more.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Sorry if this has already been posted, got a false positive for virus detection on Win10 when installing voxatron 0.3.5b.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Unsure if there's any other info I should jot down to help reproduce the issue, or if this is a big issue at all, but I thought I should report the issue in case it was important!

0 comments

Here is a video of my current progress in my next game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQdjGvOnADE

2 comments

Are there any plans to support the ARM64 architecture? 64-bit OSes for the Raspberry Pi and other boards are becoming more popular, and at present the only way to run PICO-8 on a 64-bit Pi OS is to install Raspbian in a chroot, use a hack in the .Xauthority file, and run PICO-8 from within the chroot.

That is not a satisfactory solution. No OSes exist for the Pi that have a mixed userland (Raspbian is 32-bit only) so the most practical solution is to put together an ARM64 build for PICO-8.

If you don't have easy access to a 64-bit image to build on, there is one based on Gentoo that comes with a desktop and toolchain out of the box: https://github.com/sakaki-/gentoo-on-rpi-64bit

Only you have the source code, @zep! What do you think? :P

31 comments

Im creates jump function in my game, but im dont know how to stop program.

This is the _jump() function code:

function _jump()
y-=5
y+=5

In comment, please tell me how to do this.
Im dont want to use "flip()".
This command doesnt stops program, only frames.

2 comments

Please, help me!
on my laptop Voxatron not working!

My Laptop have:
-4 GB Ram
-Lots of memory
-Intel core i7
-Intel grapics

Is this graphic card error?
This message is shows if me running Voxatron:

The application has not been started properly (oxc000007b).

Sorry for spelling and other errors, I'm from Poland.

And again, please help me.
Im really buyed this app.
19 dollars = 76 zl

4 comments

Cart #lob_lob_lob-2 | 2020-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Lob! Lob! Lob!

In the year 30XD, there were... a bunch of tanks... that started... fighting!

Lob! Lob! Lob! is a Pico-8 demake of Scorched Earth, with mechanics that should be familiar to anyone who's played that game, or others like it (e.g. Tank Wars, Worms, etc...). It is a turn based tank battle game, where you select a weapon, set your angle and power and let it fly!

The game has support for up to 8 players or AI bots, in hot-seat multiplayer. Try out all seven weapons and 5 utilities!

Pixels, Design, Music and SFX by Nette

Also available on Itch.io.

Controls

Camera Mode:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Cart #jipinojota-0 | 2019-08-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

pixels by @ibiinagy
music by @AkosMandoki
made with ampk

Arctic wolf inspired platformer.
Find the puppy to win.

2 comments

Cart #archery_princess-0 | 2020-01-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to my first full PICO-8 project! Pick up your trusty bow and show us just how worthy you are of your title through 11 levels of orange-shooting fun.

CONTROLS: left/right to aim, X to shoot (hold to charge and then release)

Playing through all 11 levels shouldn't take very long, but progress after each level is saved so you can quit and come back later on if you need.

Looking for a challenge? See if you can get a perfect shot count on each level! (Tip: use the 'Reset level' menu option to quickly retry levels if you miss a shot)

6 comments

Cart #weird_golf_game-1 | 2020-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Remember Bounceball Deluxe? That game that took the world by storm and unexpectedly got millions of downloads and worldwide critical acclaim? No? Weird. Well, after making that and being instantly promoted to celebrity status, I didn't stop working, despite having enough riches to live off the game's success alone. No, in between the TV interviews, I was making a couple other games, just for fun. But those two went totally under the radar. And fans of Bounceball were left wanting more. Well, nobody knew it, but I was also secretly working on a third project. And now, it's out of hiding. The highly anticipated next installment in the Bounceball series is finally here: Bounceball: Golf! This spinoff/sequel includes many exciting features such as:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #bisterabe-2 | 2020-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Alright, my first Pico-8 game is live!
This is Ground Control, a game where you pilot a spaceship to a landing pad and conserve fuel to rack up points!

You may recognise this game from the "Game Development with Pico-8" fanzine.
The core gameplay is from that, as I used it to get to grips with Pico-8.
However, there are some added elements, namely:

• A fuel system
  • Multiple levels
  • A scoring system with save-able high scores
  • An indicator for if you're going too fast to land
  • Some extra visual details

I figured I should share my first creation, so I hope you like it!

1 comment

HELLO and welcome back to another exciting week of Applecart.

When we first started, we wanted you programmers out there to give us your own rendition of Apple ]['s own Saucer Attack, an old 6502-assembly Apple ][ game that was originally read in the computer by audiocassette.

There were two entries total, found HERE and HERE.

The week after that we had a new competition, to make a game called Saucer Invasion, slightly different from the above. In this case we had a bonus, a video to look at so we could indeed see the original game, its instructions, presentation, and operation.

Youtube video of Saucer Invasion

So there were two entries on this one, and you can find those HERE and [[b]HERE

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->