Follow
ScorchWare

I am a newbie gamedev who wonders around a lot. I hope to have fun here.

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #nap-3 | 2022-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[UPDATE#3]
I found a better solution for the bullet issue thanks to an fellow anonymous gamedev. Turns out I did not need to use "poke" at all. So, yeah. Also, I hope to make this is the final update. Let me know how it goes though. For now, I need a break.

[UPDATE#2]
Realized how too easy this game is, so I changed these:

• Score system from by 10 to by 1
    This makes sure that the score doesn't overflow into the negative.

• How bullets behave:
    Bullets now won't appear as much. Also, bullets will now disappear after you hit enemy.

Happy shooting.

[UPDATE] Fixed bullet hitbox.

My first Pico-8 game that actually is cool. <3
An endless shmup where you shoot down enemies in the night sky and score points. How high can you go?

Controls are listed in game, but just in case...

• arrow keys = move your ship
  • z = confirm
  • x = shoot

Enjoy and have fun.

Thanks to @Krystman and @ztiromoritz for their shmup tutorials.
Special thanks to the Lazy Dev Academy and Pico-8 Discord servers for helping me make this possible. <3 <3

[EDIT] Nevermind, see [UPDATE#3] above.

P#117654 2022-09-19 17:02 ( Edited 2022-09-21 18:12)

Hey guys.

Yeah, I'm actually back again after 2 years or less...and I've been busy. Like super busy. I've had several projects, most of which aren't even related to Pico-8, but nevertheless hard work. Also, IRL has been a rollercoaster too, but I have little time to explain everything.

Anyway, I do have a Pico-8 shmup game in the work. I can't really post it here yet until I'm actually satisfied with it. I can give one thing though: I think I finally got the problem-solving part of programming down somewhat.

In case if you haven't noticed by the change of profile settings, I have an itch.io account now. It's cheez26. Check it out sometime. I even released a non-Pico8 project on there. Also, I've pretty much abandoned Twitter at this point, so don't bother with that tbh.

To put it simply, keep an eye out for a new Pico-8 game on here and maybe itch.io.
If you've been following me here, good job. You're more patient than me. Thanks for that.

Anyway, see y'all later.

Sincerely,
Cheez26
a.k.a. ScorchWare

P.S.: Someday, I'll have to change my profile name on here too. I'm definitely changing my pic later though. ;)

P#117604 2022-09-18 06:58

Originally started as my first major Pico-8 project, I decided to just call this finished. I couldn't figure out what else to do with it. It was originally gonna be called "cheez adventure", but due to the prototype nature of this game, I couldn't bring myself to call it that.

With all that said, I want to thank @MBofflin for the very excellent Pico-8 topdown adventure game tutorial, and I also want to thank the Pico-8 for trying to help me expand this. I'll figure something out in the near future for my next game.

Here's the cart btw:

Cart #apad13-0 | 2021-11-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#99680 2021-11-06 11:50

So, I decided to finally get Puppy Linux for my Raspberry Pi...and tested Pico-8 on it.
Conclusion: the dyn executable works, but not the main one. Not really sure why though since Raspup is based around Raspbian/RaspPiOS packages and stuff.

Still works though. Still works.

Tested with Raspup 8.2.1 btw. Forgot to mention that.

P#84066 2020-11-10 00:25 ( Edited 2020-11-10 00:32)

Cart #sw_cave_diver_proto-0 | 2020-10-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So, I'm currently learning how to make games with Pico-8. Yeah.

I used the Cave Diver tutorial in a zine made by @MBoffin
You can find the zine here: https://mboffin.itch.io/gamedev-with-pico-8-issue1

With all that said, I might return to this eventually, but who knows at this point.
However, I would appreciate some feedback and I might consider them for future games.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy this Flappy Bird derivative. Hehe.

P#83312 2020-10-24 21:00 ( Edited 2020-10-24 21:04)

Hi. To make a long story short, I've been trying to get PICOPi to work on my Pi 3.
Yes, I did get the right version of PICOPi, but Pico-8 wouldn't boot up for some reason.

This was happening with the 0.2.0d version, but I wonder if it's already fixed by now.

For those not in the know, PICOPi is a buildroot-based image. The website disappeared recently, but apparently you can access it through the Wayback Machine or something.

P#75975 2020-05-06 16:30

Hi, my name is Chase, but you can call me Cheez...or even Scorch for that matter.

I am a musician who hopes to learn how to develop for the Pico-8. I've been making music since 2014, but didn't really take off until 2016. It's been great.

I also suffer from anxiety and I tend to get nervous and stuff. So, yeah.

I hope to have fun with you all though.

Sincerely,
Cheez

P#67958 2019-09-21 00:16

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 06:49:19 | 0.116s | Q:26