An oekaki/pixel artist, windows/flash/PDF game developer, and a pixel art game asset creator.
I am trying to integrate an HTML5 API into an exported HTML5 PICO-8.
My current solution plan is to find the code which checks the function name.
If the function name checking (example the function name is "foo"), then it will trigger the API function.
Unfortunaltey, I still couldn't find that code so far.
I also have checked the _emscripten_set_main_loop, but couldn't find something that direct me to that code yet.
I also have learned that the code for the cart is in var _cartdat at line 71 (I used Notepad++) (compressed).
The other is that gfx on line 4 and map on line 36.
So, can anyone guide and help me to find it?
Thank you very much.
This is my first game... in PICO-8.
The game is about Kelin who has a job to deliver a package to her client. However, rain comes and Kelin has to stay in an unused old house because the path to cave is blocked. She is also hungry. Help Kelin find food and something to rid the cave block in the old house with adventure gameplay mechanic!
As mentioned, the gameplay genre is Adventure. Player inspects environment, get items, combine items, use item on something, and win the game.
Feedbacks are welcome!
The hard part when making this game was making content and shrinking the code to fit the tool restriction. Token and character restrictions were easy, but the compressed size restriction was the hardest. I didn't aware of the compressed size restriction which made me accidentally put too many texts. In the end, I managed to fit the size from nearly 20000 bytes into 15360 bytes. For any future PICO-8 game dev who are planning to put a lot of text in the game, pay a lot of attention to compressed size restriction.
v1.2.1 (May 27th, 2017)
- Removed shadow as object on outside house, since it has no interaction at all. Also, to get more free compressed code size.
- Added credit for the person who tested my this game
v1.2 (May 26th, 2017)
- Changed sub-title from "Rainwater" into "Rain"
- Revised credit windows size
- Changed game sub-title
- Repositioned credit text
- Added poke for gpio for external API usage purpose
- Removed texts that won't be used on game
- Revised text on sheet item
- Slight edit on small rain sound
- Some edits to some sprites
- Revised the client's house
- Added shadow on walking Kelin in title screen
- Changed button functions on index.html: sosial page and walktrough (HTML5 release)
- Fixed the bug that made Kelin move while button pressed in certain event, which also made the game not completable
v1.1 (May 8th, 2017)
- Fixed glitch when message doesn't update when pressing left or right in inventory menu
- Updated sound effect and musics
- Update messages to fit compressed code size and situation
- Changed message on washing stuff to be more intuitive
v1 (May 6th, 2017)
- First Release