BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #zunemojoyu-0 | 2022-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #blockmuncher_ville111-1 | 2022-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is an older project that I made sometime ago but never quite finished. So I decided to finally finish it and post it here (I have lots of random projects that I never finished, maybe I'll post them later).

Anyway, this is a pretty simple game where you need to "munch" blocks by pressing corresponding button (left, right, up, down, X and O). Basically something you would expect to see in a Mario Party game. If you don't eat the blocks fast enough or make misinputs, your health bar will go down. The game gets harder as it goes.

In the start menu there are options to turn screenshake on/off and also to turn rubble particles on/off. Not much else to say, it's a very simple game. But even then, I'm happy how the conveyor belt looks, it took a lot of trial and error.

0 comments

Cart #arkamoin-1 | 2022-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is just another block breaker. I wanted to make one for a long time now. This one is tiny, fast-paced and unforgiven.

The first three stages are always static. After that you get randomized levels. The blocks with the exclamation marks need two hits and are shooting at you when you remove them. Every few levels there is a boss block to defeat.

There are four different extras to pick up:

Red pill: laser (destroy bricks in front of the bat)
Blue pill: Super ball (moves through bricks)
Yellow pill: Closes the wall at the bottom of the screen for a short time so it's save for the ball to hit the bottom edge.
Green pill: Glue that glues the ball on your bat for two times.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

You are the last survivor of a zombie apocalypse

Time is running out...

Cart #amf_01-0 | 2022-06-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

controls

• Hold arrows to move
  • Press Z to fire
2 comments

Cart #gridhack-6 | 2022-11-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Inspired by the Deus Ex Human Revolution hacking minigame, I came out with a design for a procedurally generated spin on it, and decided to give it a go and try to make it into a finished game.

The rules are simple, hack the grid node by node and arrive at the destination node (green node), whilst capturing yellow bonus nodes (if you can) that give you money and additional powerups.
For more in depth rules, an in-game help screen is available ;).

Controls:
Mouse to do everything
Z - Select node / Activate powerup
X - Switch from node selection to powerup selection

The game is not 100% balanced and it could potentially turn out to be too easy or too hard. Feedback is appreciated.

Have fun! ;)

CHANGELOG

• v1.0
    Initial version

• v1.1
    Added controller support

• v1.11
    Fixed icapt powerup alerting the enemy
    Fixed button prompts in main menu

• v1.12
    Help accessible using keyboard commands
7 comments

Cart #gliphblocks-0 | 2022-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

In this game the goal is remove all gliphs from the table.
Each gliphs causes an effect on itself and/or nearby gliphs. The player must uses this actions to clear the level

2 comments

Cart #gobliiins-16 | 2022-07-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You play 3 goblins:

• one is intelligent and can do wizardry
  • one is strong and can move things
  • one is crafty and can use items

Together they set out
To find great riches,
Which are said to be found
On level 20 of the Lost City!

Features:

• Tutorial: 12 hand crafted levels
  • The Lost City: 20 procedurally generated levels
  • 3 characters with different abilities
  • items, spells and interactive blocks
  • music. each character got its own tape played in the boom box.

Credits

• Thanks for all the play testers and their feedback!
  • Special thanks to the Lazy Devs Community (Discord)

Recent changes

• Level 10 (Wizard Magic) changed to have many ways to solve it
  • New Level 12: Teleporters and Explosives!
  • Level 7 redesigned (was too hard)
  • Hold C (O) to restart
  • Removed back-up (regenerate) in the Lost City
  • New Level: Lasers and Diamonds!
  • New Level: Teleporters!
  • Added music for each character
9 comments

Here's a small code snippet that allows you to enter "debug mode" and then go frame by frame through your game.

The idea is, that _update() wraps the actual update() function, and _draw() wraps the actual draw() function.
So you can have extra output only drawn in debug mode, and go frame by frame through the game to do some bug hunting.
It would also allow to append to a debug file only if debug mode is enabled.

It's pretty simple code, but quite helpful.
To switch to release mode, all you need to do is to swap the names of _draw() and draw() and _update() and update().

function _init()
 poke(0x5f2d, 0x01)
 debug=false
 waitframe=false
 t=0
end

function _update()
 if stat(30) then
  local ch=stat(31)
  if ch == "d" then
   if debug then
    waitframe = false
    debug = false
   else
    debug=true
   end     
  end
  if debug and ch==" " then
   waitframe = false

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=113573#p)
4 comments

Cart #classic_racer-2 | 2022-06-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #classic_racer-1 | 2022-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first game with the pico8. I gotta say I am loving it! After my day to day job this puts the fun back into programming!

I used to play this little racing game on a 10 in 1 handheld device. Seemed simple enough to make. So after doing the nerdy teachers fruit catcher tutorial I used their "engine" to make this little game. It is definitely not optimized but it's working!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #robotleste-0 | 2022-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #nadir-0 | 2022-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You are the test pilot of the NADIR (Near-Altitude Dual-Impulse Reconnaissance) craft, a new spy ship prototype. To better understand its capabilities, a test course has been created with enemy robots, electric barriers, and other obstacles. The craft runs on the gas found atmospheric bubbles. Keep your fuel gauge full and see how far you can fly!

Controls: X to fire and pull up

4 comments

Cart #controller_test-0 | 2022-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Simple UI to check if a controller is mapped correctly.

0 comments

Cart #admiral_v01-0 | 2022-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

This is turn-based strategy about sea battle of sailing ships. Idea of this game was taken from old book about board games. There is the map with cells, which you can move and fire across. Islands on the map make some obstacles. The wind matters, your ship can move most distance in wind direction. Less map cells you can move against the wind. Excluding galeras. They have paddles, so they can move any direction in same distance. In your turn you can choose one ship to move and attack, after that turn moves to other player.
I made just pvp mode of battle, so players must take turn one by one one one computer. May be in the future i will do pve mode if i have the courage. You will win then you sink all enemy ships.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #tinychamps-0 | 2022-07-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Tiny Champions Offline Edition

Play the multiplayer cart here: https://morganquirk.itch.io/tiny-champions

This is an autobattler game like Teamfight Tactics, DOTA Autochess, or Super Auto Pets. I've tried to pack a lot into the cart - 26 heroes with unique abilities

HELP/INFO

Buy heroes (3 gold each). Your team size is limited but increases each round.

Reroll the shop for 1 gold.

Money doesn't save between rounds, but the shop cards do.

If you buy a duplicate hero, it will merge and gain +1 EXP. Enough EXP makes it level up, improving its stats.

• Level 2: 1 EXP
  • Level 3: 3 EXP
  • Level 4: 6 EXP

If you press UP in the shop screen, you can move heroes around and view info about each hero.

In this BBS version you fight against random AI-generated teams, but in the multiplayer version you play against teams created by other players! Try it here: https://morganquirk.itch.io/tiny-champions

SOME HEROES

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #nowhere-0 | 2022-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

nowhere is a mod of Celeste Classic created by KikooDX and Massena.

While the original game focuses on vertical level layouts, we decided to switch it up to horizontal and see what happens.

We also experimented with difficulty curve, atmosphere, soundtrack, level/world design and game pacing among some other things.

Beware, some levels require speedtech to be completed. This is a pretty hard mod!
We hope you will enjoy our mod.

10 comments

I have created a series of simulations for my physics lessons with which the students can simulate physical processes with their smartphone or with a computer and record measured values in order to better understand certain processes.

All the simulations have already been used in class.

They can be found on my github-page: https://heilaut.github.io/pico8-physics-simulations/

1 comment

Cart #desuparife-0 | 2022-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Let's get brutally murdered in the spooky woods ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

This is a small project I wrote a few months ago, to make a nice-looking fog. I'll never finish - or even start - a game with this, so maybe it can be useful to someone here. It's quite heavy on the CPU (~30% at 30fps), so there's certainly (edit after re-reading the code: definitely) room for improvement.

You can move the little guy with the arrows, and trigger the chasing red-eyed monster with X.

0 comments

Hello there!

I seem to have an issue with Pico 8 on linux. After about half an hour of play arrow input gets stuck and won't work until I reboot my PC.
I concluded that it stuck because in settings it shows the problematic key as pressed.
I only play Pico 8 on my PC so I can't tell if something similar happens in other games, but nothing of the like has ever happened in any other app I used.
It's really annoying and frustrating, especially when playing more active games like Celeste or Ninja Cat.

Is there a way to fix it?

3 comments

can you copy/save carts from other people and load them into PICO-8 education edition?

3 comments

[32x9]
(====guacer====)

Cart #guacer-0 | 2022-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

DONT CLICK SHOW
how dare you, you guacin guacer

6 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->