BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #rugao_class-0 | 2019-05-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A game made by my middle school English students. Each class had 20 minutes to tell me what to make from scratch. There were 4 classes.

0 comments

Cart #hepetedosu-0 | 2019-05-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

my game won't load and won't run at all also the game is far from finished (the name is just the random generated one)

0 comments

Cart #tater_evader-0 | 2019-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

TATER EVADER!

You dropped some Honey Gold potatoes at a picnic, and they GAINED SENTIENCE, realized you were about to eat them, so they got mad and started to fire TATERIKENS at you! Try to survive as long as you can!

Use the arrow keys to evade the angry taters and their taterikens! If you touch either, you die and game ends. Press X to retry!

WORLD RECORD SO FAR: 77.26s, Taters (E:) 26.

0 comments

Cart #mupudeyowa-3 | 2019-05-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Update 3: Added a 148 token version.

Update 2: Now down to 157 tokens.

Update 1: With improvements from @freds

This is a token optimized version of the polygon drawing routine I originally used in Pico Tennis. I've managed to get it down to 173 tokens, which I'd like to think is comparable to p01's 163 token trifill routine.

Obviously it's going to depend on your needs for which method you use. If you only need to draw triangles then you'll want to use the trifill method, but this allows you to draw shapes with any arbitrary number of vertices.

The only catch with this method is that it only allows your shape to be concave on a single axis.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Normally, replacing text and then undoing works great – the undo will immediately change it back to how it was before replacing, as expected.

However, replacing the first character in the cart acts a little differently (but not drastically): If you highlight the first character, replace it, and then press undo, it will first go back to a state where neither the replaced text or the replacement text is present (unlike when you undo replacements elsewhere in the file). If you undo one more time, the originally replaced text will be back, as expected.

Worse, though: If you replace all the text in the cart and then undo, nothing will be undone, and the both the replaced and the replacement text is gone.

How to reproduce:

• Write some text in the code editor
  • Highlight all the text (for example with CTRL+A)
  • Write some new text, replacing the highlighted text (or paste something in with CTRL+V)
  • Try to undo the replacement with CTRL+Z
4 comments

In Pico-8 it is very clear that you can use it for the whole of a school. What is the deal with Vocatron? Can you use it in a school or do you need to buy a licence for each station?

Thanks

1 comment

Cart #sudjusiwe-0 | 2019-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #kanamukado-0 | 2019-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi, this is my second entry for TweetTweetJam 2.

This cart features endlessly running Sonic, rolling around (...you know the rest), collectible rings, missiles, ring loss/death system, particle trails, high scoring (volatile), Big Doc himself, and realistic mustache simulation.

Controls

• [🅾️❎(ZX)] Jump (edge triggered)
  • [⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️] Roll

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #rg_tweettweet2-0 | 2019-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My entry for the second tweettweetjam
Play the game here.

0 comments

Cart #sspr_tester-0 | 2019-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This cartridge is intended for PICO-8 newcomers to learn how SSPR() works.

Controls:

Up and down arrows: Selects the parameter to change.
Left and right arrows: Modifies number-parameter values (the two sets of X, Y, W, and H values).
Z/C/N (or the right face-button on mobile touchscreens): Changes number-parameter values by 8 instead of 1. This also modifies the flip settings.

Parameters:

Src. X: The X-coordinate of the spritesheet to draw from, relative to the left. Pixels outside of the 0..127 range will be treated as black.
Src. Y: The Y-coordinate of the spritesheet to draw from, relative to the top. Pixels outside of the 0..127 range will be treated as black.
Src. W: The width of the sprite's image, in pixels. Negative values are treated as 0, of which results in no sprite drawn. The image is stretched to the 'Draw W' width.
Src. H: The height of the sprite's image, in pixels. Negative values are treated as 0, of which results in no sprite drawn. The image is stretched to the 'Draw H' height.
Draw X: The X-coordinate of the screen to draw to, relative to the left. Pixels outside of the 0..127 range are invisible, so that the sprite can be pushed into the left or right edge of the screen.
Draw Y: The Y-coordinate of the screen to draw to, relative to the top. Pixels outside of the 0..127 range are invisible, so that the sprite can be pushed into the top or bottom edge of the screen.
Draw W: The width of the sprite itself, in pixels. Negative values allow a horizontally-flipped image, with the 'Draw X' coordinate representing the right side of the sprite instead of the left.
Draw H: The height of the sprite itself, in pixels. Negative values allow a vertically-flipped image, with the 'Draw Y' coordinate representing the bottom of the sprite instead of the top.
H-Flip: If TRUE, the sprite's image is flipped horizontally. Combining this with a negative 'Draw W' value results in a cancel-out, drawing the image without flipping it.
V-Flip: If TRUE, the sprite's image is flipped vertically. Combining this with a negative 'Draw H' value results in a cancel-out, drawing the image without flipping it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

As the title says, I am having trouble with collision detection and would be very grateful if someone could give me a quick code for collision

5 comments

Cart #nested_gfx-0 | 2019-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I've been remaking the gfx editor
currently you can draw sprites and set flags
I'm working on implementing the rest of the
features. To save your changes open hit enter
to open the pause menu and hit save, I'm not
sure how/if this works on the web version.

0 comments

Cart #bufuzubeho-0 | 2019-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

my first pico-8 game...
well my first game ever!

0 comments

This is my remake of a good Commodore vic-20's game by Darren Hall in ©1985. Was distributed in cassette by Atlantis in Europe and Romik Software in North America. Enjoy!

Cart #bahizutuji-7 | 2020-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #character_tester-0 | 2019-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Character Tester 1.0

A place to test your sprites

The primary goal of this cart is to test animations, visual effects, and character mechanics.

[0x0]

future plans:

→ sound effects
→ samples for 8x8, 24x24, 32x32
→ giving the little guy some kind of weapon

0 comments

Cart #trash_em_up-0 | 2019-05-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #tater_evader-0 | 2019-05-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

TATER EVADER!

You dropped some Honey Gold potatoes at a picnic, and they GAINED SENTIENCE, realized you were about to eat them, so they got mad and started to fire TATERIKENS at you! Try to survive as long as you can!

Use the arrow keys to evade the angry taters and their taterikens! If you touch either, you die and game ends. Press X to try again!

It's not quite two tweets yet, hope to get it down to there... maybe.....

WORLD RECORD SO FAR: 77.26s, Taters (E:) 26.

0 comments

Cart #fairchild001-11 | 2022-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Update 1 - full speed & better sound.
Update 2 - fix missing mouse cursor.
Update 3 - fix speed decrease in Pico8 0.2.0
Update 4 - support cart/bios drag&drop and function keys.

What is this?

An emulator for the Fairchild Channel F, the first console to use programmable ROMs and a microprocessor.
The console was released in 1975, so don't expect much in the way of graphics, gameplay, or usability.
See Wikipedia for more info.

And what's that game running?

That's a homebrewed (i.e. - NOT original) game made by Blackbird and e5frog. You can find it here.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Cart #slider-0 | 2019-05-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Slider

Simple block stacking game, originally written in a few hours and a few cappuccinos while I was waiting in Starbucks. I've since been tweaking it for a couple weeks, and am forcing myself to release it so I can stop messing with it, and move on to something else.
[0x0]
enjoy.

4 comments

The following program, despite never adding a function to this table, sometimes has a function in the table. This was happening in a game of mine and I finally decided to try reproducing it with a tiny program and I have been able to.

cls()
nds={flr(rnd(4))}
for i=1,1000 do
 for k=1,flr(rnd(10)) do
  add(nds,flr(rnd(5)))
 end
 for j=1,1000 do
	 nds={flr(rnd(4))}
	 for d in all(nds) do
	  if type(d)=='function' then
	   print("function")
	  end
	 end
 end
end

I would never expect this program to ever print "function" yet, it does, and intermittently.

7 comments

Hi All,

I'm trying to do something quite standard in gaming terms, but feel like there should be a more elegant solution to the routes I've tried so far.

So I'm wondering if anyone could point me to a Cart or Snippet that might help.

Basically I want to use the map to place start/end positions of a variety of enemies, while also being able to include info on speed of movement between these two points. Really simple old-school gaming (it's a homage to Jet Set Willy).

So far I've approached it to use two sprite, one start, one end. This seemed the obvious route. But now I've got the basics up and running I'm realising a) if using more than one of the same enemy in a room how can I define the relationship between an enemies start/end pos and b) how to include meta on the speed (less of a worry).

I could start a big list, and keep it all in that for each room, but game play iteration would suck (although likely how it was done back in 80s).

I'm sure someone has done this already, so looking for ideas.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->