BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #superbars-0 | 2019-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I was messing around with my earlier fire demo and found this weird result. Use left and right to adjust the width of the bars, up and down to adjust how fast the bars change colors, X to change the colors randomly, and Z to reset. The rendering is interlaced, which leads to interesting results when you hold down X -- epilepsy warning!

I don't see this being particularly useful, but maybe it could work as a music visualizer.

0 comments

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I received a pico-8 licence as a crimbo present from my brother. I guess it is one of the best presents i ever received!

So i started programming something and i think i got some neat ideas, but for now the only decent thing i'd really want to post online is a little musical thingy. It's just a still image with a looping musical background.
I'm growing proud of this little musical piece and want to expand it, so i started experimenting with the musical tools available in pico8:

Cart #yahetuhuda-0 | 2019-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I think it would be great to be able to programmatically set up audio/musical material, something like "set up pattern n1 into channel m1", but i guess there is no direct way to accomplish it natively. Am i wrong? Maybe there's some pro way to do so using poke and the like, but i have no grasp on such exquisitely advanced techniques, so let me invoke the knowledge of the ancient gurus...

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

So, I've uploaded a GIF three times, and it never has shown up on my Image Files list.
I've tried reloading, and shift+reloading, but nothing's happened.
If anyone knows a fix or why this is happening please give a comment.

EDIT: Images work, but not GIFs. The files fit the maximum amount, I might just not know how to upload GIFs.

0 comments

Cart #daggerjump-7 | 2019-02-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2/5/2019
Change some music
redesigned the level

TODO:
figure out how to de-couple the background from the level.
currently the entire level is drawn out in the map space. Need to figure out way to draw the levels in code I think, so I can use the map space for the backgrounds of different levels. Currently only enough map space for 1 level...

1/17/2019
added start screen
redesigned enemy and map layout

1/16/2019:
New parallax background implemented, thanks to this tutorial.
Parallax still kinda buggy i think.

changed UFO shoot sound
added explosions on UFO kill
limited dagger lifespan
added UFO explosion sound

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

This is my first cartridge for Pico-8. A very simple snake clone!

Cart #coderox_snake-0 | 2019-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #sphere_cube-1 | 2019-01-08 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

c=cos s=sin l=sphere
v=8
M=2
m=-M
function _draw()
clv()
for X=m,M do
for Y=m,M do
for Z=m,M do
T=t()
a=T/8
W=c(a)
w=s(a)
V=v*(1/T+1)+W+w
x,y,z=X*W-Y*w,X*w+Y*W,Z
x,y,z=z*w+x*W,y,z*W-x*w
x,y,z=x*V+64,y*V+64,z*V+32
l(x,y,z,5,224-16*flr(y/16-2))
l(x,y,z,4,13+X+Y+Z)
end
end
end
end
0 comments

Hello, this is my first pico-8 game, a fidget spinner simulator. Just press x to spin!

Cart #spinner-0 | 2019-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hope you like it!

0 comments

I'm trying to activate / deactivate an animation from a script, but regardless of what I do the animation only follows the activation rules set in the editor.

I have a animation for the character talking that I want to deactivate when they're not talking but, I can't get the animation to deactivate.

I have the following script attached.

function update ()

if (is_talking) then
      this:activate (557)
   else
      this:deactivate (557)
      move_with_buttons (this)
   end

end

Has anyone encountered this problem / got any solutions ?

Thanks.

0 comments

Cart #vdmplua-4 | 2023-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

• DMP() prints values, table internals.
  • Stop the routine.
  • Clear Screen.
  • Display the contents of the specified table.
  • The order in which the associative array table is displayed is undefined.
  • Use the left, right, up, and down keys to scroll the screen and check the contents.
  • This function consumes 168 Tokens.
local t={
,str="string"
,obj={"o","b","j","e","c","t"}
,{{{}}}
,{nil,true,false,function()end}
}
dmp(t)

Symbol summary

#  Number
$  String
%  Boolean
*  Function(output only the "[Function]")
!  nil(table pairs() skips nil, so it is not shown.)

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=60679#p)
1 comment

Cart #balloonsgrs-0 | 2019-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A simple endless flyer PICO-8 game, avoid the ground and obstacles, collect balloons to stay afloat!

Controls:

Btn 1 (Z) : Make balloon
Btn 2 (X) : Pop balloon

1 comment

Hi,
I know that you can save GIFs in PICO 8 by pressing F9, but is there a way of doing so in Voxatron?

Thanks

0 comments

Cart #dankbot_danger-1 | 2019-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #dankbot_danger-0 | 2019-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

just made my first game, Dankbot Danger!

enjoy!

0 comments

Cart #arena-0 | 2019-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I teach a Pico-8 workshop at the Richmond Public Library (in Richmond, BC, Canada), and this is a simple game that I use for it. I've also ported the game to Scratch, JavaScript, and Python for use in our Code Clubs. It's not fancy, but it is challenging to play and has most of what you need in a game. It's also very easy to expand on to add more depth and complexity.

You are in an arena. There's a wolf chasing you. You have 3 lives. If you can collect 10 coins you can buy your way out of the arena and win. Good luck!

0 comments

Sometimes when I play a cartridge from the web player from my phone, PICO-8 will show the splash screen and boot text, and then it will stop before playing the cart, printing the message: "invalid cart[ridge?] format." The issue can be worked around by refreshing, but whether it will then successfully boot appears to be intermittent and may require several refreshes. I have not seen the issue for a couple of days; but I realized I had not reported this nor had I seen it reported, so I thought it would be good to make a thread about it.

0 comments

Cart #lander-0 | 2019-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Randomized lunar lander game.

5 comments

A short story-based game.

Cart #aurora_railway_v2-0 | 2019-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I made this over winter break (December 2018 - January 2019) for WPI's Chill Jam. It's mostly dialogue but there are some gameplay bits throughout.

The jam theme was "chill," which inspired the setting and failstate-free gameplay and also plays into one other detail.

Controls:

• Z/X/C: Advance Text and Interact
  • Arrows: Move

You can also get this game from itch.io!

And if you want to follow my work, check out my Twitter: @Jusiv_!

- - - CHANGELOG - - -
v1.0 - Initial Release (9/01/2019)
[b]v2.0 - Revision

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #soynic-8 | 2019-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Gotta go fast!

Controls:

Arrow Keys - Run
X / Z - Jump

6 comments

Cart #littlelattice-0 | 2019-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this little cutie with my boyfriend Asher and my friend Johnmark. It's maybe not quite a game considering we didn't quite get to level development but it is playable! None of us had ever made a game in pico 8 before but we thought it would be fun to a little game jam so we did this in two days. I'm pretty proud of it. Johnmark had the idea for the game and he coded it along with designing the title screen. Asher also coded and did the music. I did the art. We're pretty proud of it and we had a blast!

Instructions:
Create a path for the bugs to get to their matching flower.
Use the arrow keys to grow vines.
Use Z to confirm the vines.
Use X to switch vines.

0 comments

Updated to be more accurate to the original.

old version:

This is a PICO-8 cover of Green Greens from Kirby's Dreamland.
With credit, feel free to use it however you like!

8 comments

Cart #rocket-3 | 2019-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple vertical-scrolling space shooter.

https://github.com/simonwhitaker/pico-8/tree/master/carts

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->