@exelyte

Follow
Follow

Cart [#maze_demo-3#] | Code | 2019-03-21 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

Cart [#maze_demo-2#] | Code | 2019-03-08 | No License | Embed

update 1: Did a lot of work on the maze generation and traversal to leverage 2d array of nodes data structure that holds the maze. Attempting to make some kind of game using a maze.

Player character: You are the spinning blue circle. you have the power to move through walls and teleport enemies to different squares
Thief: The thief starts in the upper left corner of the maze and naively traverses every square regardless of enemies or items. However, when the thief grabs a key his speed dramatically increases.
Goal: Your goal is simply to move the skeletons out of the way of the thief until he finds the key and unlocks the door to a new random maze.
Controls: press Z to select a skeleton you are on, press Z again to teleport that skeleton to your current location. Press X to pass your turn to the thief.

Initial upload: Recursive back tracking maze algorithm implementation for both generation and traversal. Not a game yet, but you can watch that little guy traverse the entire maze.

P#62692 2019-03-08 18:53 ( Edited 2019-03-21 15:29)

Cart [#daggerjump-7#] | Code | 2019-02-05 | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA | Embed

2/5/2019
Change some music
redesigned the level

TODO:
figure out how to de-couple the background from the level.
currently the entire level is drawn out in the map space. Need to figure out way to draw the levels in code I think, so I can use the map space for the backgrounds of different levels. Currently only enough map space for 1 level...

1/17/2019
added start screen
redesigned enemy and map layout

1/16/2019:
New parallax background implemented, thanks to this tutorial.
Parallax still kinda buggy i think.

changed UFO shoot sound
added explosions on UFO kill
limited dagger lifespan
added UFO explosion sound
added life bar
added instant death lava

WIP of my first pico-8 dev project. I built this on top of @matthughson's excellent advanced micro platformer with liberal use of the amazing art from kicked-in-teeth's tile sheets and DOM8VERSE's projectile tutorial from pico-8 fanzine #3.

P#60698 2019-01-08 21:59 ( Edited 2019-02-05 16:22)

About | Contact | Updates | Terms of Use
Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2019-06-26 19:05 | 0.129s | 4194k | Q:46