BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #priestvsdemons-8 | 2024-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

this is my first creation with this software, and my first game in general!

you can move the guy with the left, right, and up buttons!

can you get to 300 points?

update 1.4
6/22/2024

-added a new mode you unlock after beating both normal and hard modes! good luck.

Cart #spootfruitcatch-6 | 2024-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

6 comments

Cart #yessirski-1 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #tarohrisi-0 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #tarohrisi-0 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

as you can see, its not visible. text is, in fact, not there in general. not sure if its BBS's fault or not, just haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere.

5 comments

Just something I have been working on. I wanted to see if anyone likes the satisfaction, or should I add more?

Cart #lost_in_space-2 | 2024-06-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #wejufegetu-0 | 2024-06-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi again, im here for help...

Does anybody know a quick trifill method? i know @electricgryphon had one somewhere but i didnt find any info about it. i have a simple 3d draft thing with vertecies and lines, but im yet to make it colored, i cant figure out how to, really(no tris no fill, mfw). If anyone knows and can explain, please, do.

Also i wander, ZEP's 3d dots demo uses weak persp projection, right? do... all 3d softwares use weak projection? is there any difference between regular one? is this even a thing? i heard it being mentioned in one of 3d tutorials and i cant really get what it means(ortho projection with depth- whaaaa isnt it just regular persp projection????)

thanks beforehand, just want you guys to know that i love this little community!!!

3 comments

Cart #quantumsamurai-7 | 2024-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

this is a small puzzle platformer I worked on four years ago that I had never finished. It's a type of foddian game where you quantum(ly) shift between levels, always remaining at the same position within the 16x16 grid (with some small hud text up top to help you keep track).

I wanted to embed it in a portfolio so I uploaded it here. For some reason people were actually enjoying it and managed to get to where the level ends (which I never expected to happen since it's very difficult).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Duckling

So basically over some time now i've been working on this cute multiplayer game.
And I think everything is done, except the music. Thats because I cant make very good music, and I think that the game deserves better. So if someone wants to make music for a game (check out the gifs) I can send them the game per Discord.
Im not sure where I could ask, so i figured out I can just ask here.

Thanks in advance :)

3 comments

Cart #reaperdeath-0 | 2024-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #garbage_collector-1 | 2024-06-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, this game is an expanded version of NerdyTeachers' Fruit Drop tutorial and has been really important in my ability to actually start understanding code. If you're like me and really want to make games but don't understand coding just yet, make sure to start small and make sure to ask questions even if they make you feel a little dumb. It's worth it I promise you! NerdyTeachers' website under bitesize games has been really helpful to me and I really recommend it if you don't know where to start. Huge thanks to everyone on the Pico 8 discord server for helping me out and NerdyTeachers especially for breaking down a ton of core concepts for me to understand. I look forward to making more small projects and asking more dumb questions!

2 comments

Hello, I reported this race condition on itch.io but got no replies so I am posting it again here, in case somebody stumbles on it.

This problem happens when the cart data is in use and the cartridge is quickly restarted.

Consider the following code:

value = 0
frame = 0
function _init()
  cartdata("race_condition")
  value = dget(0)
  dset(0,0) -- set value to 0 for next reload with ctrl+r
end
function _update()
  if btnp(5) then
    dset(0, (value+1)%10) -- increase value by 1
    run() -- reset cartridge
  end
  frame += 1
end
function _draw()
  cls()
  print("current value: "..value, value+1)
  print("frame: "..frame)
end

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #gonidubufi-0 | 2024-06-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

no-way-out is a retro style puzzle game. You wake up alone in a strange room, can you find you way out?

Controls

• arrow keys - movement
  • Z/C - grab block / use item
  • X/V - cycle through items

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

I tried to export trial of the sorcerer but I had some errors one of them was that when I tried to start the first level of the game it said download failed and I couldn't start the first level,
another error was runtime error params a nil value in initlevel line 268 (tab 0)
or something?

I really don't know wether if this game can be exported or not. I just want to play it offline when wi-fi isn't around that way I won't use up a hotspot or mobile data.

2 comments

Hello, I have been working with Pico8 and making games for two months.
I'm currently making a rhythm game and implemented rhythm notes, but I found a problem where they were not synchronized with music().
I understood that rhythm notes must be added once every 60 frames to match spd16's music.
Perhaps the music output and frame do not match. Is there a way to do this accurately?

1 comment

Cart #teddblue_monv8-0 | 2024-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mon Engine Version 0.8

• Move loading bug fix
  • Wild encounter pools
    • Wild encounters are selected randomly from a weighted list
    • Each map can specify which pool to select a Mon from
    • Wild encounter data load
    • Map data can store a byte referencing their wild encounter pool
  • Text input system

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #college-0 | 2024-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

7 comments

BLARGAZARG

Cart #blargazarg-0 | 2024-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

its blargazarg.

0 comments

Although it is still a prototype, I have created a toy that dynamically generates sounds using PCM functions :) I am thinking about how to make this even more interesting.

Cart #zazaharudo-0 | 2024-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #nominal_puffin-0 | 2024-02-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first attempt at creating a PICO-8 game! It definitely has room for improvement, and hopefully by working on more projects, I can get there. But first, I definitely want to credit some folks.

The idea for this cart is based on a submission for the 2018 My Famicase Exhibition by Rutherford Craze. The exhibition is a call to artists for box art for fictional Famicom games. I used the box art and provided description of the "game" to help craft this cart.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->