BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Cart #zap_bot-3 | 2024-05-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About:

Zap-bot is an homage to the old Gameboy era cheap SBC (single board computer) handleds and their stupid little games, like the Classic and Brick Brick game!

This is a port of the shooter line filler game inside that. Your goal is to clear the lines for as long as you can last!

Controls:

Move with arrow keys left and right.

Shoot with X.

Brought to you by:

My awesome supporters over at Ko-fi! They allow me to pursue this niche hobby of mine! If you'd like more, consider hopping over to my Ko-fi page, where I share pixel art, game devlogs, postmortems, code rundowns, all that gamedev jazz! And if you can maybe drop in a coffee so I can make the next one faster!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #flappy1398783-0 | 2024-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A flappy bird clone

Press x to fly/hop.
Press o to reset after gameover.

0 comments

Cart #totsugeki-0 | 2024-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Totsugeki is a celeste mod where you play as May from Guilty Gear.

Controls:
Arrow keys - Movement
Z/C - Jump
X - Totsugeki

Happy Birthday May!

Credits to Maddy Thorson and Noel Berry for the original Celeste Classic.

3 comments

Cart #tieless_tictactoe-1 | 2024-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Modified version of the classic Tic-Tac-Toe where there cannot be a tie!
Inspiration for this game came from a friend.
Enjoy!

[V1.1]

• Fixed missing pixel on title screen
  • Added indication for which piece will fade away
  • Added warning sound and image for invalid placement
2 comments

DVD Bounce Screensaver!

Thought it would be hilarious to make one of these.
Customizable settings such as ball speed, starting color, and turning off the sound.

Cart #dvdbounce-0 | 2024-05-05 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

If you all don't care again I need help with object pickups in my game when you pickup an object (artifact) you get a score of 1 point. What I need to know is how to add a spawner for that object and how to make the player pick it up.

Many thanks.

BTW I tried to use a YouTube tutorial with no luck

--pickups
function ipickups()
 pu={
 x=63,
 y=50,
 act=true,
 }
 artifacts=0
end

function upickups()
 if pu.act then
  if abs(px-pu.x)<=4 and abs(py-pu.y)<=4 then
   pu.act=false
 artifacts+=1
  end
 end
end

function dpickups()
 if pu.act then
  spr(6,pu.x,pu.y,4,4)
 end
 print("artifacts: "..artifacts)
end
3 comments

Hi zep,

I did send this trough mail but didn´t got an answer so i also post it here in case you missed it:

Can you look at how to solve high cpu usage in picotron? When i start picotron i have 2 seperate picotron threads that uses for about 14 to 19 %, wich both leads to about 40% of cpu usage of picotron alone, and this is only in idle when doing absolutely nothing in it and not loading anything within picotron, so no file is loaded within picotron, it's already at that cpu usage when just launching picotron and it stays that way also when keeping it open that way even if i let it just in the background.

Now i have an idea: would it be possible to have pico-8 within picotron? As far as i can see, it would make it much easier for you, just one application for you to maintain and update, fixing bugs..., and also for us users it's much easier to make things for pico-8 as making things in picotron within thesame application. pico-8 has it's own filetype and picotron has it's own filetype, so it can already see when it needs to have the specs for pico-8 or picotron. And with the better resolution in picotron it is also better to code within picotron for coding for pico-8, so benefits within picotron available for pico-8, the editing/coding with picotron specs while the limitations of pico-8 cards stay thesame at run time.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #picochanwallpaper-1 | 2024-05-04 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a simple anime style wallpaper for Picotron.

1 comment

When selecting a high numbered SFX in the music editor, the automatic scroll position of the SFX window will shift.
Anything after number 44 will be completely scrolled out.
v0.1.0g

1 comment

A small 10 cart pack I made out of my favorite PICO-8 games!

Download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zwh_h1KuetpasXUY3URkKkPPE5zf3xMP/view?usp=sharing

Credit for the games goes to their respective creators. Thank you for sharing these awesome games :)

0 comments

Cart #spaceranger-3 | 2024-05-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

SEIZURE WARNING:

This game may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.

Controls:

Move: Arrow Keys
Shoot: X
Bomb: Z
Pause: Enter
NOTE: Shoot / Bomb buttons can be swapped in the Pause menu

Instructions:

• Defeat 30 waves of space pirates and recover the doubloons they leave behind.
  • The ring around your ship indicates the range which will attract doubloons
  • Destroying space pirates will increase your score multiplier. Letting a space pirate escape the area or taking damage will reset this multiplier to zero
  • Collecting 100 doubloons will grant you a temporary shield which will absorb damage once without resetting your combo

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Hey guys. I was wondering if I could get help to get a game over screen when the enemy collides with the player.
If anyone wants to help comment on your ways to help.

Thank you.

4 comments

a = {x=10, y=25}

b = a

b.x = 99

print(a.x)

This prints 99 but I assumed it would print 10.
I wrote code with a start table. Then I set a position table equal to the start table. I was hoping to update the position table but reset the position back to the start point at any time I wanted. I tested this out in php to make sure I wasn't crazy and it worked like I expected. I tried it out in strict Lua but it gave the result above. Why does Lua change the a table when I only changed the b? How do I deal with this?

6 comments

The Packbats' 2-node Instrument Collection - on the BBS as #packbats_2node - came from the same place as our guide to Picotron's instrument designer: with PICO-8 you had loads of instant sounds that came with the fantasy console, but with Picotron you didn't. So: we wrote a guide, then we made some instant sounds.

The 2-node part (is it 2 nodes? does the output mixer count? if the output counts it's three) was for three reasons, only one of which makes us feel arrogant:

1. By forcing us to make something simple, we get it done faster and easier, which means the community has it sooner.
  2. By leaving space for more nodes and leaving unused envelopes, we make it easier for musicians to modify our instruments to their needs.
  3. By refusing to use all the tools at our disposal, we refuse to make you as a sound designer feel like you can't compete. We're proud of what we made, don't get us wrong, but the joy of playing in Zep's playgrounds is futzing around with Zep's beautiful tools and getting inspired. If you're down to give it a try, to get over the hump and to the point where you can just have fun making cool sounds, you'll find all kinds of amazing stuff you can make. If you then type "[instrument] synth design" into DuckDuckGo and click on some links, you'll make even more cool sounds because you'll have way taller giants than us newbies to stand on.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Is it possible to run the terminal in a window on the desktop similar to an OS?

Would really love this feature, and if not anyone think its impossible to make happen?

4 comments

Cart #penny_the_pumpkin-35 | 2024-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

Penny the Pumpkin: Directors Cut takes you on a delightful platforming open-world metroidvania with light puzzles to solve. Guide Penny, our lovable pumpkin, as she collects 18 precious coins! Your progress is saved every time she grabs a coin or enters a new area.

Once you've collected all 18 coins, put your skills to the test by unlocking the thrilling speedrun mode! Note that saving is disabled in this mode, so it's all about your skill and reflexes. Can you beat the programmer's current record of 3:31.4? 🏆

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

I purchased Picotron on Humble Bundle as soon as it was available. I initially downloaded it from there. And, through version 0.1.e, I downloaded updates for Picotron from my Lexaloffle Downloads page.

However, when I went to download 0.1.f, it was gone from my Lexaloffle downloads page. I asked around on Discord and a few people verified that they had access to Picotron, but a couple of people referenced other downloads which had vanished from their page.

I attempted to register Picotron from Humble Bundle, again, and it had no effect.

I sent an email to [email protected], but I have not received any response.

Now a new version of Picotron is out, and it's not available on Humble Bundle (hopefully just not yet). So I can't download my purchase.

I'm curious if anybody else is experiencing this problem?

EDIT: I decided to try activation again, again, and this time it seems to have worked!

0 comments

Cart #jurotebusu-0 | 2024-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

first release of goblin wizard: curse of travis
(arrow keys + z to attack)

6 comments

Cart #redapipay-0 | 2024-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #flowerclicker-2 | 2024-05-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A simple clicker game about growing flowers. Also my first complete Pico-8 game :)

Controls
Left-click - Almost everything
Right-click - Drop tool / Cancel flower placement

Made in about a week for Minigame a Month - April 2024 and Chill Devs: Chill Jam 8.

Also available on itch.io.

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->