BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Hi,
Just bought an RGB30 as the screen looked great for Pico-8 games. It came with just two options showing 'Splore' and 'splore'. Neither would run. OS is JELOS

I then followed some youtube advice and downloaded the raspberry pi version of Pico-8 into the Pico-8 rom folder. This gave me a third option called lexaloffle-pico8. This now loads Pico-8, but finishes with a command prompt error "cannot load lexaloffle-pico-8.png"...oh and I made the mistake somehow of deleting Splore.png and splore.png.

HELP!!

3 comments

Bubble Boy

Cart #dd_bubbleboy-1 | 2023-11-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Frollick in a field and scare some bugs!

My first Pico 8 game, Yay! I've had a wonderful time making it.

This is a de-make/re-make or homage to an old flash game i played 15+ years ago lost to time and probably old geocities servers. I can't remember more than the gameplay, which i recreated in this game. I made this as much for my own sake as for everyone else that want to run around in a field with some bugs.

Shoutout to Krystman @ Lazy Devs Academy for always having a chill video to watch and get some inspiration and helpful Pico 8 tips!

Early game

"Late" game

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Cart #snibbly-4 | 2023-11-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here is Snibbly, my Pico-8 version of Super Nibbly. It was a dos game from 1993.

The aim of the game is to eat all the fruit in time without hitting your own body.

Extra items will appear e.g. puck to shoot, extra live, extra time, drinks to shrink body,....

60 levels

2 game modes:

• original
  • level by level

Have fun!

3 comments

Cart #ascii_demo_1-0 | 2023-11-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Not sure if anyone's done this before, but I created code to use the tile-sheet as a font. This allows you to use multi-colored fonts inside your cart.

This works for all ASCII characters (except for tab and new-line).

x or o - CPU usage

1 comment

Cart #niporubuko-1 | 2023-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My two-week trip is coming to an end. While I was in my hotel room, I worked on this small puzzle game. There are still many things to do (including adding more girls, of course. It will allow for about 4 - 5 additional images).

11 comments

PICO-8 Twitch Plate

A quick and easy way to turn your PICO-8 game into a chat-controlled Twitch community experience!

Learn how to set up this PICO-8 export template here: https://github.com/fletchmakes/pico8-twitch-plate

Pull requests and contributions welcome! I had a lot of fun putting this together and the fact that it can be done via HTML template makes this so powerful. You don't have to modify any of your game's code in order to support Twitch; that's all done via the template for you!

0 comments

This Is A Game Plan That I Want Pico-8 To Be Updated, I Want Zep To Add 5 More Sprite Folders, And Connect With Other Game Infos Like, Suns In P.Z.G. Would Become Stars For Items In The Shop Of P.T.B.P.A.E

These Are The Games I Want To Emulate Inside That Game:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=131910#p Grants Stars On How Much We Used The Record Feature
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=121642#p Grants Stars On The Moves We Got.
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=56575#p Grants Stars Depending On How Much Orders Of 3 We Did.
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=100973#p Grants Stars On The Amount Of Levels Passed.
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=85303#p Grants Stars Depending On The First 2 Digits Of The Score
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=94322#p Grants Stars Depending On The Markers We Pass Through (Markers = Red)
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=89823#p Grants Stars By The Suns We Collect By The End Of The Game.
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=18992#p Grants Stars By The Points Of Red And Green Minus The Points Of Blue.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

PICOhaven 2 is a card-based tactical RPG / dungeon crawler inspired by my love of the board game Gloomhaven* (and less directly, of other 2D tactical turn-based games such as the GBA Fire Emblem and Into The Breach), and a sequel to PICOhaven from 2021.

It adopts a modified & simplified version of the mechanics from that board game, both to streamline solo play and to fit the platform constraints. It includes a campaign with 21 scenarios, 9 character levels with multiple upgrade paths, and various items that further modify gameplay and strategy.

*Note: This is just a free, solo-fan-made project and has no affiliation with Gloomhaven. If you like this type of game I recommend checking out the Gloomhaven family of board games for a lot of fun from multi-character cooperative play!

Cart #picohaven2-8 | 2023-11-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

thanks @jasondelaat !
is there a way i can produce a sine wave effect (not unlike celeste classic 2) but in any direction?
and in a line-like function? such as
rotated_sine_wave(x, y, direction, length, amp, wavelength, c)

9 comments

Cart #eyevasion-24 | 2024-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

controls

arrow key left and right = move
x = shoot/select
o = fire special weapon/re-roll shop
arrow key up and down = adjust turret shot angle

*requires owning the upgrade from the store.

Eyevasion is my first Pico-8 project, but it certainly won't be my last. If you really enjoyed this game and want to help fund the coffee supply for the next one, you can hit the donate button over on my itch.io page, or just share this with a friend who might enjoy it too.

A massive shout-out to LazyDevs who inspired this game and helped me get this far, and to everyone in the Pico-8 community who play-tested and gave feedback - you're all awesome!

Thank you for taking the time to play my game

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

this is my first attempt at doing anything in pico 8, or any game. there isn't much game play yet though.

updated idle animation in v2

Cart #agametopassthetime-2 | 2023-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

13 comments

Cart #welovefortune80s-3 | 2023-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An homage to the Commodore 64 Wheel of Fortune game. In keeping with the C64 era, the included puzzles are 80's themed.

26 comments

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Pico-8ers!!!!

We have had a busy busy busy October in our community and this Pico-View issue really reflects that! It is absolutely full this month with content, thanks to you all!

Here's the lineup of Content:
-PICO-8 Hardware Tutorials
-Asynchronous Multiplayer
-A Tool for Isometric Games
-Judge Reviews of the Cre8 Jam Results
-The Importance of Playtesting
-New Community Stars
-Featured Game Review - Redash
-Featured Interview - Pico Life
-PCM Recorded Samples
-Retro Game Icons of Horror
-2 Upcoming Jams
-New Release Recommendations
-Hardware Gallery from the Community
-Halloween Themed Prototype

Read it here:
https://nerdyteachers.com/PICO-8/Pico-View/?issue=10

Cover Art and Illustrations by @Werxzy

3 comments

Cart #cats_adventure-1 | 2023-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here is our game we made in 1 week and a half.
We were three to make it work, we discovered Pico 8 thanks to Ada Tech School in France.
Tip : to exit a chat press X :)

1 comment

Cart #marble_merger-5 | 2024-08-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

MARBLE MERGER

Seems like everybody's making a clone of Suika Game these days - here's mine!

Instructions

Drop marbles into the container - if two marbles of the same size touch each other, then they merge together to form a single larger marble, and you get some points (larger merges have larger value). If a marble comes to rest while going past the top of the container, you lose!

It's an endless game, so post your high scores in the comments!

Extra Thoughts

My main goal here was to make this version of the game look and feel as smooth as I could manage. The three features which are most relevant to that goal are:

• 60 FPS

[ Continue Reading.. ]

79 comments

𝕳𝖆𝖑𝖑💀𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓 incantation ~

?"⁶rw¹シ⁶.\0、>*⬆️@²⁴"
1 comment

Cart #victorhalloween-2 | 2023-10-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[8x8]

Controls

Press "A" on a GamePad or "Z" on a Keyboard to activate power.
Use the D-Pad or Arrow keys to move.

[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #grasslandsurvivordimillian-21 | 2023-11-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello, this is my first Pico-8 game, and this is still an early version, but everything is fully functional.
It's a Vampire Survivor clone.

You can level up, collect XP, increase your character stats, and more.
There is a pause menu with your stats, a nice level-up screen, and high-score tracking.

I want to add a ton of more stuff, like new maps and weapons, etc... but I could not wait to show it off and have it on Splore!

My goal is to create a game as much as it is to write clean code and understand pico-8 / gamedev principle. So it's also very readable and OOP-oriented if you're interested in looking at it.

v 0.3.5 update:

• Add boss every 30 kills spawn chest, which auto level you up.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

39 comments

Cart #zononutatu-0 | 2023-10-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A tiny little survival horror game! 💀

FLY GOD

-a mini horror quest-

SUPER SPECIAL THANKS TO MBoffin (Dylan Bennett) for map collision stuff.

WARNING

This game has some mild pixelated blood and gore, viewer digression is advised.

This game also has flashing images, which can bother those who have sensitivity to such things.

Also, this is the first game I've made. So it has horrible code, sound and graphics. I'm sorry about that! :)

CONTROLS

ARROW KEYS - move character
[X] (keyboard X) - accept/close menu
[O] (keyboard Z) - pull up menu/statistics

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Idk if it's stupid to share with dreams but I had a dream about PICO-8 being updated.
The website and the editor had black, white and yellow colors. The layouts also were confusing. There also were no sprites pages.
Here's the website and the editor drawn from memory

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->