BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

(11-21-21)

As @zep has made changes in Pico-8 with updates (0.2.3), especially regarding scrolling the screen when too much text appears on it, I have since had to take this game and revamp it with new code so it will run correctly as it was not earlier with his latest version. With new code it does run properly now. Enjoy !

Cart #migukohizo-0 | 2021-11-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

TO LOAD THIS CART IN IMMEDIATE MODE TYPE:

load #migukohizo

. . .

This is the older cart that does not run correctly. Kept to show ZEP the difference between the two.

Cart #applecart_starwars_dw817-0 | 2020-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #zizegitezi-1 | 2020-01-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first (very simple) game I made in about an hour.
My highest score: 48.

5 comments

Cart #sitmageos-0 | 2020-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

dis game s ok :)

1 comment

Cart #zetidumgi-0 | 2020-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #starwars_nosnibor28-1 | 2020-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

UPDATE 2020/01/22

v0.2 adds cockpit graphics, laser sprites (as opposed to continuous lines) with that nice orange-red look, and you can hit the enemies now! No energy limits, enemy fire, or increasing difficulty yet, and the camera is still a little bit janky, but it's coming along.

ORIGINAL POST

I'm mostly posting this so my pals in the Applecart Challenge don't think I'm a total slacker lol. Two things got me this week: a busy schedule and scope creep.

When I first saw the video of Apple II Star Wars, I thought it looked like a distant ancestor of Rebel Assault. So naturally I decided to make my version a little closer to that. I wanted the TIE Fighters to shoot back, too! Instead of just being limited by weapon power, you'll also have a shield meter. Weapon power will regenerate when you aren't firing, but more fighters will appear the longer you fly.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Hi! Im trying to figure out if its possible to port a pico-8 game to a format thats able to be uploaded to the apple itunes store or google play store. Someone please enlighten me!

1 comment

Cart #rugbysports-2 | 2020-02-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Started noodling with a sports game, probably going to be rugby.

My dream has alwasy been to produce a rugby game as good as the mid ninties Jonah Lomu Rugby, never been bettered

What I've got here is two 7 a side teams randomly distributed over the pitch with a physics engine to resolve collisions.

From small acorns things grow and such like

3 comments

Cart #trubblebubble-0 | 2020-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Trubble Bubble is my tribute to the Atari 800 game Bubble Trouble.

The game is currently in development but I have made available a one level demo to play around with.

The objective is to manoeuver the bubble around the bath, collecting enough (10) to float out of the water and into the next level.

Hazards come in the form of dirt, which will deplete your bubble count, or bumping into the fish or the diving nail brushes.

0 comments

I noticed after I updated the cart on my Screen and Draw Palettes Demo thread that the post got bumped in the forum thread list with the message "[last person to post] replied 9 hours ago", when (a) they replied two months ago and (b) I updated the cart on the original post 9 hours ago.

(Yeah, that was really really belated. I was kind of embarrassed about the initial mistake.)

I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes to display these timestamps but something like "Packbat updated a cartridge 9 hours ago" would be more accurate.

0 comments

Cart #spaceroute92-0 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

More over on Itch.io: https://geeitsomelaldy.itch.io/space-route-92

Welcome to Space Route 92, the most dangerous trade route in the cosmos!

Fight, Trade, Ferry or Flee across the system from station to station. Reach the Freedom Star with as much cash as you can... if you can survive the dangers along the way.

Avoid Asteroids, Clear Minefields, Salvage Wrecks or Carry Passengers. Make your money, buy new ships. Plan your loadouts carefully!

Hints and Tips

• The further you ferry passengers, the more money you make
  • You get the bounty however you clear a mine, even if you ram it
  • More Engine Power means your jump recharges faster
  • Power Modules are split 3-ways between Weapons, Engines and Shields. If you don't have any Weapons it splits 2 ways between Engines and Shields.
  • Damage taken to shields will be recharged when you reach a space station for free. Hull Repairs cost money.
  • The Apex Shuttle can reach the Freedom Star on its own
4 comments

Cart #escacs_ximo_v1-3 | 2020-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I created a randomized chess, I hope you enjoy it. I thought about this concept when I was trying to find a variant of chess where a newbie could potentially win a very good player from time to time like in the Mario Kart series.

Features:

• Starting board is random for both players. One player could start with 17 queens while the other could have all pawns.
  • Which player moves each turn is random.
  • When a player tries a capture which of the pieces is captured (attacker or defender) is also random.
  • You can play against a friend using the same controller or versus and AI.
  • To be consistent with the rest of the game, the AI moves at random.
  • The probabilities can be changed in the settings menu. For example if you want to make that captures succeed almost all the time but still fail from time to time you can set it to 90%.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Fight the Australian Bushfires, Save the Animals!

This short little game is dedicated to the volunteers and firefighters who help rescue and shelter wildlife affected by the Australian bushfires. As students we decided to start an initiative called #Games4Australia where we created a charity game in one week or less in order to raise awareness for the ongoing crisis. We ourselves are half a world away, but believe we can still have an impact.

Support the people fighting to rescue and shelter the wildlife go visit
https://www.wires.org.au/

Find out what you can do to help.

Are you an aspiring developer or professional then we urge to join our Games4Australia discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/X2vTrQr
We are looking to add more games: https://games4australia.weebly.com/

Also check out Ember Rains by Koalafish Studios over at: https://koalafish-studios.itch.io/ember-rain
Their other social media: https://linktr.ee/koalafishstudios

It has been one week and this has been what we were able to create. But we will mostly likely add more content in the following weeks. So be sure to follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/cubehamster for future updates.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #fabuhesuri-1 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Generates a bunch of medieval people.

4 comments

Latest version:

Cart #ddp8-6 | 2020-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Original post:

Cart #ddp8-0 | 2020-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first release of pretty much anything game related. A fun proof-of-concept that lets you drive a train in a manner similar to the Japanese Densha de Go series of PlayStation games from 20+ years ago. Bonus forum points are awarded if the train is correctly identified as my local light rail system.

Learned a ton as I knew nothing about PICO-8 or Lua as of Christmas.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Hello !

THIS map is from the JELPI demo written by ZEP

I recently wrote this rather nifty utility which will take a .p8 file, calculate all the sprites and the map, and then give you an option to save either as a .JPG or .PNG the entire visual map for reference. It is for WINDOWS and was requested HERE:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=36489

I am currently using MEDIAFIRE to host this file. If you can think of a better more reliable site to host it that would be fine.

You can find this utility HERE:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zn3aefsbhtfmlj3/map2jpg_01-15-20.exe/file

You can speed it up and skip the logo animations by hitting ESC once it first comes up.

It actually has a few debug stuff running which is nice to see.

Choosing a P8 file it shows:

1. The sprite set, hit a key.
  2. A quick scan of all sprites, hit a key.
  3. The map image ready to save, hit a key.
  4. Filebox, save as PNG or JPG

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Hello!
I've just started working in P8 and I've noticed that audio doesn't seem to work inside the editor or while running the game. However, it does work when I'm using Splore. I've looked through the forums but haven't been able to find anyone else who's had an issue like this, so I hope it isn't just an issue with my computer.

7 comments

Cart #fishin_2020-0 | 2020-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first successful cartridge! It's nothing more than a proof-of-concept for an idea, and a way to break me into programming for this console.

1 comment

Cart #mellow-2 | 2020-01-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple endless game that I worked on during GDQ :)

See the menu for additional options:

• Mute music
  • Hide HUD
23 comments

Cart #acceler8-3 | 2024-04-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Acceler-8

A small Pico-8 Motorcycle racing game with procedurally generated tracks. Compete against 7 other racers, but watch out for the cars!

Also available on Itch.io.

Special thanks to Nette for cleaning up some of the bad pixel art for this cart!

Z/C to drive, X to brake, Arrow keys to steer.
Apparently, I accidentally deleted this post a while ago, whoops!

Features:

• Procedurally generated tracks with hills, curves and field objects
  • 3 Different Regions
  • 6 Bike Styles

Update:

• Racers now change lanes and dodge cars!
  • Racers should spread out a bit more.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->