BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #dancejab-0 | 2019-11-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This fighting game has only one attack - JAB!
Shuffle and dash till the timing is right to - JAB!
Or footsie to bait your opponent then - JAB!
Hold centre stage. Don't fall off. Dance. JAB!

Inspired by Super Smash Bros. and Divekick.

Two players can share a keyboard. For player 1 the arrow keys move, N dashes and M jabs. For player two, ESDF moves, tab dashes and Q jabs.

Also available on itch.io here:
https://davbo.itch.io/dancejab

Thanks to those who playtested and supported us!

Thanks to TRASEVOL_DOG for the sprite compression code found here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=40008 . You can check out his projects here: https://trasevol-dog.itch.io/

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #zorahiwume-0 | 2019-11-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #mot_dodgeballs-1 | 2019-11-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little <560 chars game.
Press left/right to dodge between the white balls.

Vaguely inspired by "Beam rider", so there's actually 5 lanes to jump between. I ran out of chars before I could draw the lanes though :)

0 comments

Cart #demo_final-0 | 2019-11-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hello! This is my very first cartridge that I made today after recently purchasing Pico 8. I look forward to what games I will be able to program.

Controls:

Keypad - Moves Up, Down, Left and Right
Z - Plays Sound 1
X - Plays Sound 2

0 comments

Cart #golgyeog_demo_1-0 | 2019-11-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Introducing GOLGYEOG, my newest and hopefully most likely to be finished project! Move and aim with the arrow keys, jump with Z, and fire with X to vanquish an endless horde of demon skulls peacefully minding their own business.

I'm looking for feedback on how the game feels to play in the moment, as well as how this current gameplay can be adapted to a more permanent progression system.

FYI, there are no unlocks yet, so don't even try.

5 comments

Cart #tempres-0 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

controls: press x

a demake of tempres by tak, the best puzzle game of all time.

source code in 257 characters.

8 comments

Cart #block_breaker_arcade-1 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #jujopupuri-0 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

hg
by dw817
Cart #hg-6 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hold (O) to see the cycle of life.
TO LOAD THIS CART in immediate mode type:

load #hg

While the cart I'm working on now (and have been for several days) is quite a bit bigger than 560-bytes (hundreds of lines), seeing Conway's life program reiterated reminded me of my Father.

For years ago he wrote a program in Turbo Pascal he called the "Cycle Of Life."

In it, he had 3-different colored pixels randomly appearing on the screen in a 640x480 screen.

He told me that one pixel chases the other and the last chases the first. I really didn't understand him so he explained it to me.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

tossed together in about an hour
made for tweet tweet jam 3
have fun and remember to play safe

Cart #crescent-1 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

older version with exploits
Cart #crescent-0 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Hey everyone! In case you haven't heard, we're holding the third TweetTweetJam over on itch, and it started today. Make a game in 560 characters or less, without using sprites!

Itch - TweetTweetJam 3

There's already a ton of participation, and it's always a very fun time, so I hope to see some of you come out! If you make anything, make sure to drop a gif on Twitter and tag it #TweetTweetJam so everybody can see your work. :)

1 comment

The layout of the clickable buttons (fullscreen, control help, mute, etc.) on the side in the 0.1.12c version of HTML exports appears to have broken in Google Chrome all of the sudden. All of the buttons now appear stacked on top of each other :\

screenshot:

The layout still works in Firefox. I guess Chrome recently changed their interpretation of CSS rules in a way that broke this?

4 comments

This is a small game I made in a week for a Uni project, hope you like it!

Cart #switch_strike-0 | 2019-11-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #mot_imgui-2 | 2019-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

For some reason I felt like writing a little immediate-mode GUI library.

It has:

• Labels
  • Buttons
  • Check boxes
  • Radio buttons
  • Sliders
  • Text boxes

You write into the text boxes on a little popup keyboard.

It works best with the mouse, but it can run in controller-only mode, where you move the pointer around with the direction arrows (it's pretty cumbersome though).

"Immediate mode" means you call the functions to draw the widgets in your drawing code, and it returns the user's input. It's generally easier to integrate into projects than a traditional widget UI would be, as you don't have to create and manage objects, you just draw the UI controls you need where and when you need them.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Endless Underground Snake 2.5.D

Cart #endless_snake_2_5_d_v2-0 | 2020-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Endless Underground Snake is online!

I've made some great changes to the game, including endless gameplay with hundreds of different, procedurally generated levels, an ability to dig underground, a tutorial intro screen as well as a mini-map. For future updates I plan to fill those rooms with new creatures and paths.

If you want to skip the intro screen hit Y/Z
I hope you enjoy!

Updates:

[hidden]
April 2020 Update: Fixes
- minor fixes concerning collision detection
- pause 1 second after collision
- Input reworked and GUI implemented

March 2020 Update: Snake goes underground
- endless gameplay
- hundreds of possible levels
- procedural level design
- ability to go underground
- changed doors/ spider AI
- added a mini-map

Jan 2020 Update: implemented help arrows

Nov 2019 Update: implemented reset function

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #mb_3dboids-0 | 2019-11-10 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

❎ to show CPU usage (but I don't think it's accurate?)
🅾️ to show the follow target

This is a quick port of my PICO-8 boids cart. Nothing fancy, just some boids doing their thing.

1 comment

Doppelganger

By Frelon-K Games

Cart #doppelganger-2 | 2019-11-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

"I hate you,
you're my worst enemy...
But if you die,
I also die..."

Left / right to move your characters.
Z to (re)start the game.

My first Pico-8 project! (Yay!)

Hello,
This is the first game I create with Pico-8...

Doppelganger, a classic avoider where you control two characters.
When the first one goes left, the second one goes right.

Avoid everything and survive as long as you can!

Hey, by the way !

In the beginning, it was an Unity project, but I thought it has a better place here! Ha, ha!
I made this game in only one day and it might me improved!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #snake_afk-1 | 2019-11-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Did a really simple snake game during Saturday night :) haven't figured out how to properly increase the speed of the game so help with that and feedback is vert much appreciated.

Edit:

Added particles screen shake high score and difficulty selector

Cart #snake_afk-3 | 2019-11-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #packbat_colorinfo_v1-2 | 2020-01-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Revised 2020-01-17 to use and describe pal() commands instead of poke() commands.

One of the things that's been very much on my mind as I've been learning PICO-8 and making my first full game project in it has been how to use the console's limited palette, and particularly how to ensure that everything I put on screen is clear and straightforward to read. It is very easy when designing user interfaces to make something that looks fine in a screenshot viewed in a well-lit room on a bright monitor by someone who knows where and what everything is, but obscure or confusing in actual play under the varied conditions which your audience plays in.

Nothing substitutes for testing, but the number one idea that I've used to try to make sure I start with something easily-read or close to it is contrast ratios - essentially, how much difference in brightness there is between two colors.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #berrythescientist-5 | 2019-11-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Berry The Scientist is alternative version of my entry to #ProcJam "Terry The Skeleton" that I submitted couple of days ago. The idea was suggested by @dw817 and ( @mtrc)[https://twitter.com/mtrc]. In Berry, the player can move up to three moves before the enemies can move. The goal is to see how fast you can finish the game in number of enemy steps. I hope it make you smile while playing :)

Controls:

• Arrows: to move/dash around based on the movement type
  • X or Z: to change the movement type between normal movement (1 tile move) or dashing (tile it reach a wall)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->