Follow
amidos2006

a Lecturer at University of Malta and a Game Developer/Designer

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #sooz-6 | 2022-02-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description:

A Simple arcade game that is developed in 5 hours for the global game jam 2022 where the theme is Duality. Get the highest score by collecting seeds but be careful as you need to plan your moves as touching different color make you lose health and collecting 3 seeds will heal you back.

How to Play:

• Same Color Tiles: You can walk over them with no problems
  • Opposite Color Tiles: Lose health but make an explosion that erases all vertical and horizontal color tiles
  • Seed: Give +1 score and every 3 seeds heal you and erase colors in the 3x3 grid around them when they appear

Controls:

• Arrows: Move around
  • X: Start the game and restart
P#106030 2022-01-31 09:29 ( Edited 2022-02-17 18:58)

Cart #steps-1 | 2020-12-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Steps is a small Minit-like game where instead of dying from time, you die after a certain amount of steps. Explore the cursed island, solve puzzles, and find the hidden coins. Try to run away from the island by finding the Icarus wings as it is the only way to escape the cursed island.

Controls:

• Arrows: to move around
  • X: to start the game and activate boots

Tips:

• Try to find different patterns to find secrets (notice different patterns, different wall tiling)
  • Try to find the torch before entering dark dungeons
  • Some walls are just fake walls where you can walk through them.
  • Be careful when using boots in the dark dungeons

Ahmed Khalifa

P#85959 2020-12-31 04:32 ( Edited 2020-12-31 06:13)

Cart #liferace-1 | 2019-12-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Life is not a race. Life is not about being the best; it is about enjoying the journey. It sounds counterintuitive, but stopping to enjoy life helps us to be better people. We can see what is happening around us. We can smell the roses, enjoy the company, and try new and wonderful things. These things will not only help us to relax, but they will also help us along our journey.

That game was designed for Meditation games for December 3rd.

Controls: X and Z to move. Enter to open the pause menu and restart.

Hint: doing some work (without depleting the bar) and then over relaxing (wait after the bar is full), will help you to see stuff in the world that you were not able to see before because you were focusing on work all the time.

P#70570 2019-12-04 15:19 ( Edited 2019-12-07 00:44)

Cart #berrythescientist-5 | 2019-11-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Berry The Scientist is alternative version of my entry to #ProcJam "Terry The Skeleton" that I submitted couple of days ago. The idea was suggested by @dw817 and ( @mtrc)[https://twitter.com/mtrc]. In Berry, the player can move up to three moves before the enemies can move. The goal is to see how fast you can finish the game in number of enemy steps. I hope it make you smile while playing :)

Controls:

• Arrows: to move/dash around based on the movement type
  • X or Z: to change the movement type between normal movement (1 tile move) or dashing (tile it reach a wall)

Tips:

• Player can do three actions before enemies react.
  • You can kill enemies by walking in them during your turn.
  • The game follows the following sequence: player turn, enemies attack, then enemies move.
  • The highlighted tiles are tiles that you should stay away during the enemies attack turn as they signify where the enemies will strike.
  • Always pay attention where will you land after you final action.
  • The rotating stars shows where the player will land if they took that action, if a certain direction doesn't have a star then it means you can't move in that direction but sometimes you can attack if you are beside the enemy.
  • Pay attention to the player eye color as it determine the type of movement (beside the rotating stars).
  • Each enemy type have an easy movement patterns and a clear attack area so try to learn them when they first appear.
  • Kill all the enemies so you can proceed to the next room.
  • You gain 1 health when you advance to the next level.
  • I know it is not much and might have some bugs but I hope you will enjoy it :)

Ahmed Khalifa

P#69780 2019-11-10 16:26 ( Edited 2019-11-16 19:59)

Cart #terrytheskeleton-5 | 2019-11-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Terry The Skeleton is my entry to #ProcJam that is happening on itch.io where you have to design a game/tool/anything that uses procedural generation or as they say on the website create something that creates something else. In Terry, the player can moves in realtime while enemies are still restricted to be in turned-based. The goal is to see how fast you can finish the game in number of enemy steps. Terry is a silly little game with a silly funny story, that I hope it make you smile while playing :)

Controls:

• Arrows: to move/dash around based on the movement type
  • X or Z: to change the movement type between normal movement (1 tile move) or dashing (tile it reach a wall)

Tips:

• The timer doesn't start until after your first move, so try to plan your moves ahead in time and react to the current situation.
  • You can kill enemies by walking in them during your turn.
  • The game follows the following sequence: player turn, enemies attack, then enemies move.
  • The highlighted tiles are tiles that you should stay away during the enemies attack turn as they signify where the enemies will strike.
  • Always pay attention when will the time will run out either by looking at the lower bar or the player will be flashing.
  • The rotating stars shows where the player will land if they took that action, if a certain direction doesn't have a star then it means you can't move in that direction but sometimes you can attack if you are beside the enemy.
  • Pay attention to the player eye color as it determine the type of movement (beside the rotating stars)
  • Each enemy type have an easy movement patterns and a clear attack area so try to learn them when they first appear.
  • Kill all the enemies so you can proceed to the next room.
  • You gain 1 health when you advance to the next level.
  • I know it is not much and might have some bugs but I hope you will enjoy it :)

Ahmed Khalifa

P#69743 2019-11-09 06:04 ( Edited 2019-11-16 20:00)

Cart #squibidi-1 | 2019-06-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

SQUIBIDI is my entry to the #7DBL jam happening on itch.io where you have to design a game in the same style of Micheal Brough games. In SQUIBIDI, you play as a squid that is trying to escape from the underwater kingdom while every other sea creature is trying to stop you. You can shoot ink in the opposite direction of the movement to kill enemies or change direction or you can drift with the water to recharge your ink capacity.

Controls:

• Arrows: to shoot ink and change direction
  • X or Z: to drift with the water current and recharge your ink

Tips:

• Try not to hit anything as ram into object cause 1 damage to you, only do it when necessary (you can kill enemies by doing that)
  • Killing enemies recharge your ink to the fullist so plan it well
  • The barncle that block the exit is destroyed automatically when you kill all the enemies but you can destroy it by shooting 3 ink balls
  • Enemies with more than 1 health get frozen for one frame when they are hit
  • You gain 1 health back when you advance to the next room

I know it is not much and might have some bugs but I hope you will enjoy it :)

Ahmed Khalifa

P#65076 2019-06-08 15:55 ( Edited 2019-08-03 20:43)

Hello everyone,
I am kinda new to Pico-8 (as I worked with TIC-80 before). I am working on a game and I was trying to manage the code to be more readable by moving some code around.

I added all the helper functions at the top of the p8 file (as I was trying to move it to another lua file to use the #include command). When I ran the code, no error but it didn't behave as it supposes to do. The helper functions use some global variables so I moved that code to be after the definition of the variables and it worked fine.

Does functions in pico8 lua bind the variables in the function to the global variables when it is defined (which is before the definition of the variables) that's why it is reading nil? I am not amazing with these binding stuff so sorry if I am using incorrect termonolgy.

Ahmed Khalifa

P#64526 2019-05-17 23:25

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 01:00:46 | 0.082s | Q:32