BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #bejogoduno-1 | 2019-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

controls: left & right for cursor, (O)/(X) (Z/X on keyboard) to activate rocket (or restart after game over)

A crappy little endless game. Almost playable, but pretty unfinished (no menus or anything, and there's some states you can't get past). Mostly only here so I can share a WIP with my friends more easily~

I find myself not really finishing any game projects I start, so I'm starting over smaller. Probably with stuff loosely based on random puzzle games I looked up, like this one is.

(also hi first post here I guess)

Update 0.2

• redid the graphics so the obstacles don't look like targets
  • also it's prettier now (screenshake, particles, bg, new sprites)
  • I bothered to let you reset from in-game now

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Super quick and dirty BB-8 movement using GreyGraphics sprite rotation.

Cart #bb8roll-0 | 2019-07-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Cart #jokenpico-0 | 2019-07-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Jokenpico is Jokenpo with a twist with code that fits in a tweet!

It is a 2-player game.

Controls:
RIGHT is rock
LEFT is paper
UP is scissors

The diffence from regular jokenpo is the score:

If Scissors wins: +4 points
If Rock wins: +2 points
If Paper wins: +1 points

At a first glance scissors seems overpowered with 4 points, but it wins against paper (1 point), so it is less likely that your opponent will use paper.

(an easy way to remember each score is: scissors cuts paper into 4 pieces, rock smashes scissors into two halves and paper wraps stone into one ball)

0 comments

Cart #yinadebazi-6 | 2019-07-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

It's endless first person mazes in "ASCII". A-maze-ing!

Update 7/26/19:
Added dungeon generator code.

2 comments

Cart #nondidjos_dettd_01-0 | 2019-07-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

this is the first version of my transport tycoon demake, this post is mainly intended to allow me to share my progress with other people

0 comments

Cart #kezebukowa-4 | 2019-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

197 country names and their beautifully stretched tiny square flags!

6 comments

Cart #bezzy-0 | 2019-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi guys,

I was working on a train game when it hit me that i have no idea how to make a smooth curve.
So I came across bezier curves and after reading some math articles I managed to write a function myself.
Even though many other people have shared thier version here is my bezier curve, with only a single control point sadly (I will figure out the rest later).

Here is the code i have tried to make it very eazy to implement into other projects (since I was gonna use it for my train haha).

function lv(v1,v2,t)
    return (1-t)*v1+t*v2
end

--Quadratic Bezier Curve Vector
function qbcvector(v1,v2,v3,t) 
    return  lv(lv(v1,v3,t), lv(v3,v2,t),t)
end

--draw Quadratic Bezier Curve
--x1,y1 = starting point 
--x2,y2 = end point
--x3,y3 = 3rd manipulating point 
--n = "amount of pixels in curve"(just put it higher than you expect)
--c = color
function drawqbc(x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3,n,c)
    for i = 1,n do 
        local t = i/n
       pset(qbcvector(x1,x2,x3,t),qbcvector(y1,y2,y3,t),c)
    end
end

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #r0ace-0 | 2019-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! First of all sorry for my poor English. I'm proud to present you my first ever video game: R0-Ace (a 8191/8192 tokens hell 😜). It's a shmup inspired by the danmakus and bullethell Japanese games. There is 5 levels with bosses and sub bosses:

If you find anything wrong or any bug please report it. This is the Easy mode version. In the near future I'll release three more game modes.

Thank you for playing!

2 comments

Cart #nivz_skyattack-1 | 2019-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My work in progress retro demake of one of my favourite childhood games: Sky Attack

5 comments

Cart #hypercolor_paint-0 | 2019-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Introducing Hypercolor Paint, a high-color painting application for the PICO-8.

Features:
Paint in either high color mode (flicker) or standard (dithered) mode.
While editing, pixels are treated as 56,535 level 3-channel color.
Use a variety of brushes, with control of color, size and pressure to achieve desired effects.
Save images (requires download)
Export images (requires download)

Example Images: (High color mode is simulated)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Each of these games fits inside a single tweet.

Cart #gimufopapi-0 | 2019-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An Out Run style game with a day/night cycle. Left/right to move.

Cart #tezenibaro-0 | 2019-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You are a bird that must collect falling seeds in this arcade game. Up flies up, left/right move sideways. If you fall out of frame, you are just outside and need to move back in; if you fall below, all you have to do is hold up and you should reappear.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #mrblast-0 | 2019-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Hello, I'm happy to announce Fantasy Console Game Jam 4 hosted by Nopy and pixelherodev.

Pick your best fantasy console and make a game in one week!

Join the discord server if you haven't already: https://discordapp.com/invite/sFeDxWK

1 comment

Cart #graph_adventure-1 | 2019-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Here's a project I've been working on. It started as a simple viewer for different graphs, but then it turned into a platformer. The game is fully playable, but it needs some additional content, which is why I put it under Work in Progress.

What makes this project interesting is the fact that I didn't use any sprites or the map editor at all. Every stage is constructed using functions. Funtions can be very powerful for setting collision, as this way you can make pretty much any shape you want. You can also make the terrain dynamic and depend on time. I also added some simple physics into the game, utilising the difference in values of the function for the ball to gain some speed, but it could definitely be better. It's a bit slippery, but I wanted the ball to have some sense of momentum.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

can someone tell me why I am running out of memory?

Cart #jajefutayu-1 | 2019-07-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

@Catatafish I completely changed the question I realized i do not have an infinite loop. I just assumed since I was running out of memory.

this line seems to be doing it and idk why..

o:procx()
4 comments

Cart #picogotchi-0 | 2019-07-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I just making my own tamagotchi (it called picogotchi). It is still on progress. Hope you like it.

3 comments

Cart #xwing_escape-0 | 2019-07-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #picoware-20 | 2021-09-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PICOWARE!

Do you love WarioWare? And do you love PICO-8? What we if we combine them into one game that you can play in your browser, right now?

Say hello to PICOWARE!

Over 50+ developers made 68 microgames during the 24 hour PICOWARE gamejam starting on July 27th 2019, with the intention of combining them together into one bigger game, called PICOWARE!

It's there! Up above! This is the game! The game all the cool kids play! Don't you want to join them? Do you want to stick out? Of course not!

SHARE PICOWARE!

Fancy a fancy link? Here!
is.gd/picoware

Use Twitter? Here's the official tweet-tweet!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

65 comments

Based off of this code posted by this nice gentleman: https://github.com/jonstoler/class.lua

I made some small adjustments so I could have headache-free classes and inheritance in my project.

classdef = {}

-- default (empty) constructor
function classdef:init(...) end

-- create a subclass
function classdef:extend(obj)
	local obj = obj or {}

local function copyTable(table, destination)
		local table = table or {}
		local result = destination or {}

for k, v in pairs(table) do
			if not result[k] then
				if type(v) == "table" and k ~= "__index" and k ~= "__newindex" then
					result[k] = copyTable(v)
				else
					result[k] = v
				end
			end
		end

return result
	end

copyTable(self, obj)

obj._ = obj._ or {}

local mt = {}

-- create new objects directly, like o = Object()
	mt.__call = function(self, ...)
		return self:new(...)
	end

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=65881#p)
1 comment

Edit: not sure how I'm expected to display multiplication using the syntax here, but assume there's a X or star or whatever between 15 and i etc.

I was trying to initiate this statement here, which I can do:
for i=1,4 do
print(i, 15i-14, 15i-14, 14)
end

But then I wanted to move the diagonal array of 4 numbers with the arrow keys around the screen. I tried the code below but keep getting errors. I'm guessing my argument is setup wrong and I can't call i as the same variable in all these statements and make it work...? Can someone help me understand the immediate problems with the code, and then afterwards if viable suggest an alternative method of doing so. I'm still learning so my immediate concern is figuring out what is wrong here specifically.

function _init()
j= {
x=15i-14,
y=15
i-14
}
end

function _update()
if btn(0) then j.x-=1 end
if btn(1) then j.x+=1 end
if btn(2) then j.y-=1 end
if btn(3) then j.y+=1 end