Follow
DoubleATam

cute girl draws things plays games

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #fikozezipa-2 | 2021-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I was kinda bored so i made a small shmup to surprise myself with. I kinda wanna add even more enemy types later but this is fine.

• up & down for up & down
  • Z/X fires a large pulse that gives iframes, destroys enemies and deletes projectiles. Beware the endlag.
    (it'll also save you if you use it within 8 frames of getting hit; a shrill sound plays to indicate success)
    (i put in that move because you need it because things move vertically sometimes sorry)

enemy types:

• magnets: they do nothing (and have no collision), but other enemies react to them
  • red & blue: magnetic. they attract to opposite-colored and repel from same-colored. (they ignore things that aren't red/blue)
  • green: centipede. they form trails behind other objects.
  • yellow: spinner. they orbit around magnets.
  • grey: gravity. they're lightly attracted to all other objects, but have actual momentum.
  • burgundy rings: they indicate that an enemy can shoot. such enemies also shoot on death, so beware.

if the presentation is obnoxious i'm also open for suggestions, especially accessibility reasons. the player shots flash rainbow, enemy sprites are barely different, and i don't always recognize when something sounds annoying

(it's probably also unfair in general sorry i'm still working out kinks)
there's also no rising difficulty yet so if you actually get good on it there's probably no upper bound? but i'm guessing you'll get hit by some nonsense eventually anyway

previous versions

Cart #fikozezipa-1 | 2021-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#86806 2021-01-26 12:28 ( Edited 2021-01-26 20:50)

I've just kinda been playing around and suddenly I felt like doing something with fractals. I saw a few Lindenmayer system tools posted on here, but they didn't quite have the features I wanted. (If you'd like more, you could suggest some too.)

The first line is the starting state, the second and third are replacement rules, the fourth is your palette of symbols plus a couple settings.
… is blank, ⬅️➡️ are rotation, ˇ∧웃 are variables that move the cursor forward, ●♥♪ are variables that don't.
O and X both work as confirm buttons, but also increment and decrement the iteration and angle numbers.
The pause menu lets you change the step length or cycle through a few presets.

Cart #fafapemado-2 | 2020-07-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You can check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-system and browse around for ideas, or just mess around I suppose!

If anyone has good ideas for optimization that'd be nice. As you might imagine, the amount of points to draw explodes pretty quickly.
EDIT: ALSO YEAH SORRY ABOUT IT RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY AND CRASHING I KINDA HAD NO IDEA FROM THE DEVKIT
Edit: and of course, halving memory usage doesn't really do anything when the increase is exponential per iteration

Spoilers: other gifs

Another known bug is that when you cycle through presets it remembers changes. My bad, i'll switch that to deepcopy later...

P#79482 2020-07-17 07:12 ( Edited 2020-07-20 17:18)

New endless action-puzzler game. It's more chaotic than a tetris clone but I think it's fun.
Difficulty is still being tweaked, no game over screen yet.

Controls and game:

</\>: rotate center bubbles counter/clockwise
Z/X: slowmo, or "focus" mode. Also shows an aim assist, and gradually deducts from your score.
down: speeder. Bubbles fall faster, but difficulty rises at same pace, making it technically efficient.

To clear bubbles, make a donut out of 6 of them, or a circle out of 7.

Bubbles that get disconnected from the center structure will fall off, which I totally didn't steal from puzzle bobble!
Also, the "bubble" in the center of the screen can't be cleared.

Cart #zirepepami-2 | 2020-07-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

If you hear an error noise and delete a bubble, don't worry about it it's a known thing.

Edits:

• v0.1: Initial submission. Preserved here for comparison's sake:
    Cart #zirepepami-0 | 2020-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

• v0.11: Replaced the center bubble with a screw. Everything still plays the same for now, but a couple things should be better conveyed this way.
    Preserved here for comparison's sake:

Cart #zirepepami-1 | 2020-07-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

• v0.2: Incoming bubble warnings overhauled. I'm interested in knowing if this is actually better!
P#78773 2020-07-01 21:11 ( Edited 2020-07-08 00:11)

I started this small "2 players 1 controller" volleyball game at the start of the year and i didn't touch it for a while because I got overwhelmed. I honestly just want someone to try it at this point.

player 1: cursor keys
player 2: ZX
Players can move left or right within their field. Hold both directions to charge a jump.
Hit the ball with your hat to bop it. Hit the ball with your knee to spike it diagonally.

Sorry this isn't properly standardized for use in a physical console or anything. It wasn't a priority...

Cart #wadobuduzi-0 | 2020-06-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#78022 2020-06-13 04:43

Cart #zamidenamu-0 | 2019-07-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first jam submission, and also technically my first finished game. Thank you PICOWARE~

Based on the picoware template. I lowballed my assets a bit but I think I'm fine with how it came out

sorry about unoptimized code (also oops I forgot to remove the trail when you lose oh well)

P#66167 2019-07-28 18:14 ( Edited 2019-07-28 18:48)

Cart #nisedowuhe-0 | 2019-07-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

(arrows to move pencil; other buttons do nothing)

Here's another weird endless action puzzler I started over a couple days. Well I guess "action" is a stretch? at some point I'll get this right.

In theory the "rule cards" on the side will be enforced and/or do stuff, but I had to take a break because there's a couple things coming up for me this week. (I also might end up replacing them with a less wordy tile mechanic.) So it's a little more barebones than even the rocket was

started life as this mess which I honestly still like looking at but it was way too busy. might still repurpose that too

P#66138 2019-07-27 03:55 ( Edited 2019-07-27 04:00)

Cart #bejogoduno-1 | 2019-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

controls: left & right for cursor, (O)/(X) (Z/X on keyboard) to activate rocket (or restart after game over)

A crappy little endless game. Almost playable, but pretty unfinished (no menus or anything, and there's some states you can't get past). Mostly only here so I can share a WIP with my friends more easily~

I find myself not really finishing any game projects I start, so I'm starting over smaller. Probably with stuff loosely based on random puzzle games I looked up, like this one is.

(also hi first post here I guess)

Update 0.2

• redid the graphics so the obstacles don't look like targets
  • also it's prettier now (screenshake, particles, bg, new sprites)
  • I bothered to let you reset from in-game now

TODO:

• prevent score overflow
  • fix impossible game states (probably just walls of meteors)
  • title screen and proper game over screen
  • high scores
  • simple gfx mode
  • fancy sprite text maybe?
  • fix that annoying semi-rare invisible line(?) bug
  • gameplay adjustments (rising difficulty level prolly)
  • more presentation changes as needed

previous version:

Cart #bejogoduno-0 | 2019-07-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#65953 2019-07-19 23:42 ( Edited 2019-07-27 03:55)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 13:08:47 | 0.081s | Q:41