BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Couldn't find any info on this but when I launch pico-8 on Raspbery Pi 4 I get this error.

pi@raspberrypi:~/pico-8 $ sudo ./pico8
./pico8: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Raspbian Version Info:
Version:June 2019
Release date:2019-06-20
Kernel version:4.19

I wasn't totally surprised it didn't launch as I think there is new version of Raspbian for RPI4 so there could be issues.

I tried running it on a Pi2 (I think it was) that I had and it launched fine there so this isn't necessarily a problem that I need a solution for (as I can probably just use the much slower 2 for a bit), though it would be nice to know if there was an easy fix. I'm mostly reporting it just because I came across it and didn't see it reported.

8 comments

Cart #thelasttaxiv1_0-1 | 2019-07-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

-
The Last Taxi is a crazy-taxi inspired game where players control the last human-driven car in an effort to save people from the apocalypse. Fit as many people in your car within 3 minutes while avoiding getting shot by creepy aliens.

This game was developed for cowboy8625's 100 Dollar Game Jam on itch.io

3 comments

Cart #kohezudde-1 | 2019-07-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

GAMEMECHANICS

Collect yellow squares and avoid red squares!

CONTROL

Cursors < ^ \/ >

DEMAKE

DEMAKE of the flash game squares.

OOP engine gameenginez as base

The interesting part: a simple oop game engine in lua works behind.

Enjoy!

1 comment

Cart #takethis_0_1-0 | 2019-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a prototype from me and Chamotea for the #friendshipjam.

The basic idea is that you are a nice "shopkeeper" who gives presents to visitors to helps with their problems. What a nice person! The gifts you give them affects how the story progresses.

Right now I got most of the mechanics done, but the scenarios are still WIP, so the game has only one scene. It was a busier June than I expected T_T. It was fun working with metatables and event managers using coroutines, though!

7 comments

Cart #ix_lander-0 | 2019-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Menu: Z to start game.

Game: DOWN to fire main thruster

LEFT/RIGHT to fire main thrusters

Game over: Z to restart.
Mechanics

It's a lander game! Thrown together in about four hours over two days! Aaaa!

You're aiming to land as fully on the white pad as possible. If you're not on it enough, it won't count.

The wind/gravity is a little different on each level, so be wary of adjustments.

Just mind your fuel, and don't drag the lander along the walls, or you'll bust it up.
Commentary

Whew another busy month. I have an exploding tooth in my mouth and that has been a bad time. Meanwhile I have been working on some cool Blender scenes in my 'project time' which leaves less time for actually making games. Frustrating at the end of the month when I end up rushing, but it feels good the rest of the month.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #yisawuyeri-0 | 2019-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A mario game. watch him bounce

Code by me, art by Sockfoot

0 comments

The 💾 PICO-8 Giveaway period has now ENDED.

What WAS it?

I decided I'd like to do a giveaway for FREE copy of PICO-8 💾

...then the following lovely people decided to match my donation! 😲

[ Continue Reading.. ]

95 comments

Cart #fireant-0 | 2019-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a rough remake/demake of Fire Ant. It's my first PICO-8 project.

1 comment

Cart #whereswilly-2 | 2019-07-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first tweetcart! Use the mouse to find the red 웃! Inspired by Where's Wally/Waldo!

Each time you hit Willy with the cursor the difficulty (number of characters drawn) and initial score will increase value by 120.

Can you get to 1000 points? :D

Obs: Cart exceeds 280 chars by 3 to have more variety on things being drawn

3 comments

Cart #grid_rider-4 | 2019-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Your goal is to eat all gems on each level.
Try to get as far as you can.

2 comments

Fly about, match the colours and make the flags! Part of Squiggly River's Pride Month Jam!

Cart #lgbeet-1 | 2019-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #hellhole-1 | 2019-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi!

A while ago I decided to port a game I made to PICO-8, and I'm finally almost done :D All that's missing is SFXs and a dope title image/cart cover. I'm posting this here because I'd love to playtest it here and get your opinions on it so don't hesitate to tell me if something sucks!

Also, don't look into the code too much, I'm not a great programmer...

4 comments

Hey guys and gals,

I'm a 6-month friend to the pico-8 platform, being inspired by pico games I discovered on game sites, like MetroCUBEvania and Just One Boss on CoolMathGames. I spent the last two months developing a passion project on the platform and submitted it to a game site, mostly for the pride factor. They responded positively and are interested in purchasing a non-exclusive license and I don't want to overcharge or shortchange myself.

Do any of you guys have experience licensing your games? If so what kind of price and legalese should I be prepared for?
The game offers 1-2 hours of play and I put a lot of heart in it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

2 comments

Hi everyone,

I am tinkering with procedural generation and I inevitably run out of memory. I expected to be able to delete some obsolete data to free some memory but I do not succeed. It looks like deleting variables does not free RAM. What did I miss?

I isolated that in the following script that just fill a global variable named STATE with random data, then set it to NIL, and track that it does not free any RAM. It outputs as such:

RAM: 0%
 FILL STATE WITH DATA...
RAM: 41%
 DELETE STATE...
RAM: 41%

The code:

state = {}

function _init()
 cls()
 print("ram: "..flr(stat(0)/20.48).."%")
 print(" fill state with data...")

-- fill state with dumb data
 fill_state()

-- test ram
 print(" delete state...")
 state=nil
end

function fill_state()
 state.data = {}
 local str=""
 for i=1,1000 do
  str=str.."abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"..i
 end
 for i=1,100 do
  state.data

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=65465#p)
5 comments

Cart #baddity-2 | 2019-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I discovered this game on June 10, 2019 on an MS Dos floppy disk dating from 1996 taped behind a Ouija board bought in a flea market in France. Strange inscriptions were engraved on the diskette itself in a totally unknown alphabet. I played it for the first time on my uncle's old computer. Everything seemed normal during the first part: a shooter like Smash TV but much darker where the goal is to survive as long as possible against waves of creatures. Then as i play gaming sessions, some disturbing details that I had never met appeared in the game ... Until I see ... I do not know if it's human .. I saw her reflection on the screen, she was behind me ... she wants ... that I look in my bowels and follow her in her dimension. I decompiled the game and then transcribed the code on Pico8 modern support and now you can see what I saw, you can see and follow it, glory to it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #boulderrun-5 | 2021-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Best C64 Game of All Time?

This is my pico-8 remake of one of my favourite C64 games of all time: Boulder Dash.

Featuring all of the classic caves and levels (hopefully!) plus a handful of puzzle levels thrown in for good measure.

Controls

x dig/collect/push without moving
z give up and restart level
q quit

Version History

• 16/08/2020: 0.90
    • Rounded out original music on level select. My original version was thrown in hurriedly and a little jerky.
  • 17/04/2021: 0.91
    • Sped up to make controls feel less "sticky"
15 comments

Cart #shooty_fruity-1 | 2019-09-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #shooty_fruity-0 | 2019-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Shooty Fruity!

About
Hello everyone! This is my first game.
It was made in 3 days for the GAMES MADE QUICK??? III-2 jam.
The goal is to get points by knocking fruit off the tree.

How to play:

• X to shoot
  • Arrow keys to move
    Shoot the fruit off the tree and avoid hitting the birds

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #grid_rider-3 | 2019-06-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Your goal is to eat all gems on each level.
Try to get as far as you can.

Inspired by ZX Spectrum game Transversion.

3 comments

Cart #yookalayleeplanbee-0 | 2019-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I built this game on top of the Jelpi demo to participate in the #PickMePhoebee contest that Playtonic held to celebrate their upcoming game, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. The mechanics of this game were designed to mirror that of Impossible Lair on a much smaller scale. Yooka and Laylee can jump (with Z), double jump, roll (with x), jump out of rolls in midair, collect Quills, defeat Meanions, and rescue members of the Beetalion to help them complete the Impossible Lair.

I originally intended to change a lot more of the original Jelpi demo. I ended up keeping much of the spritework and the music. I might come back later to change the music to a Yooka-Laylee track and change the trees, shrubery, and mountains into more Yooka-apporiate things.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #braveworld-0 | 2019-06-28 | Embed ▽ | No License

Submission for NABAVision 2019 @ NABA, Milan

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->