BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #gurirofiwu-6 | 2021-01-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

here's a dice game inspired from Blackjack

Enjoy!!

1 comment

Cart #whitelotuspa01-3 | 2019-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

So, i used the jam as an excuse to make my first little game on pico8 and learn more about the platform and its limitations, it was only a couple hours of work and really incomplete and barebones, but i intent on making it better and i also have some ideas for the next projects with pico8

EDIT: posted a new version, with game over screen, persistent high scores and a title screen
EDIT2: improved the title and game over screens and added some info on how to find me

2 comments

Cart #doubleblind-4 | 2019-03-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Double Blind!

A game of stealth, deception, and out-sleuthing an opponent. See the Itch page for more details: https://gruebite.itch.io/double-blind

2 comments

Cart #spaceface-0 | 2019-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #ditagewuyi-0 | 2019-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #kifagikafi-0 | 2019-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Had a tooth extracted at the dentist, it's a weird experience. Decided to make up this sketchy cart loosely based on it, not interactive~

Cart #yofubegazu-0 | 2019-03-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #fuwtonis-6 | 2020-04-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my new game, inspired by classic Moon Patrol arcade from Irem
difference is you can't jump and got O=shoot up X=Shoot foward
left=slow down right=speed up shooting ufos that shoot ya and rock obstacle
foward.

ENJOY!

update rev.2 2019-04-03
added attrack mode with demo/intro gameplay altering with title. (Arcade vibe!!)

6 comments

I started tinkering with an _update60 cart the other day and I was getting stuttery behavior.

Dug deep into possible performance bugs in my game. Then realized I had stuttery graphics (< 60 fps) in simpler cartridges.

Dug deep into updating drivers and BIOS on my Dell laptop. Still nothing. This laptop is from 2012, but is more powerful than my rpi3 which has no problem with _update60.

Then, I took a look at PICO-8's own config.txt file and found fullscreen_method. Tried method 2, which is actual fullscreen rather than stretching a window.

Totally resolved the issue.

How come 2 is not the default? Or maybe it is in fact the default and I'm forgetting having toyed with this months ago.

3 comments

Cart #janijigiho-0 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just trying some sprite animations and layers.

0 comments

Cart #virusatacam-0 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #lhama2019-0 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #gugumelo-0 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #bearrl-0 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

BEARRL is a survival rogue-like were you incarnate a bear that must survive until winter. It has been made in 7 days for the #7DRL challenge.

The game is also available on itch.

0 comments

Hi! Folks. Here's my submission for 7DRL 2019.

It's a turn-based survival game, in which you play as a mountaineer trying to reach 7000m with limited supply. For now we basically have only one type of room.

Cart #alpine7000-2 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #upisgood-7 | 2019-03-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Simple arcade physics game about landing on bounce pads to gain height and score#

MMU Game a week project
Theme: Physics

READ ME
Title: Up Is Good
Created in: Pico-8
Author: Ryan Wilson

Controls:
Game:
Left and Right arrow keys move the player

Menu:
X - Continue, Begin/Restart Game

Objective:
Score points by gaining height, land on bounce pads and avoid falling

Rules:
If the player falls to the bottom of the screen the game is over
Bounce pads will send the player upwards when landed on
Purple pads give additional height
Blue pads move from left to right
If the player travels past the edge of the screen they will appear on the other side

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Save the date! june 9th, #pico8 conference at the Bordeaux Geek Fest 2019 (France) - Arthur Dent Club
URL Official french announcement

2 comments

Cart #ooze_runner_v1-0 | 2019-03-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The finished version of the Ooze Runner jam game. Now includes:

• High scores!
  • 4 different levels!
  • Slightly more varied anxiety-inducing beeping!
  • Some other stuff, probably!
3 comments

Cart #yafoyuhuro-0 | 2019-03-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi all, first time posting on here (my pico-8 interactions have all previously been on Twitter). This is the first game I've actually "finished" making since 2-player 1-on-1 top-down shooter "Reservoir Fish" in 1995. That was written in AMOS Pro on an Amiga 1200, and only ever existed on a single 3.5" floppy disk which has probably long-since perished.

Here I've attempted to create a historically-accurate simulation of the D-Day Normandy landings. Naturally, the game is completed once you have defeated Hitler. Don't anger him by killing his friends, though! He can sure fire a lot of grenades.

If you fail, Hitler gets to keep France, and that is not very good.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #dykiestreet_english-0 | 2019-03-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's an educational game about sexism in public space. Be free to use it in class, feminist festival or everywhere it can be useful.
The original version is here (in french) : https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=31155

This is the english version of a french game which won 4 P8 AWARDS 2018:
"Underrated" Award / "Out of the Box" Award / "Ephemeral" Award / "Novella" Award.

Cart #jusiv_p8awards_v02-1 | 2019-02-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #oozerunnerjamversion-0 | 2019-03-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Another 1-hour game, with the theme of "small". Use the arrow keys to escape to the bottom of the screen, as many times as you can!

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->