BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

There seem to be some bugs with the parsing of an escaped backslash:

So, two issues:

1. The syntax highlighter doesn't stop parsing the line as a string if it encounters two backslashes in a row, although it will run without problems
  2. ...except when used as an argument to the ? shorthand function, which will give an error

It's not in the screenshot, but if there are any trailing characters after the double backslash, the syntax highlighter will be happy again.

2 comments

Taken from a discord's discussion, algorithm provided by @ skaarjslayer: http://itinerantgames.tumblr.com/post/78592276402/a-2d-procedural-galaxy-with-c

And also reference to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedean_spiral

Cart #gotunozosi-0 | 2019-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #matchtris_0_1-0 | 2019-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

POC implementation of mashup between Tetris® and match-3 genre.
It's remake of an old game I played as a kid on one of the "Brick Game" handheld consoles.

Btw. if anyone knows what's the original name of the game, or what exactly console it is on, please write a comment - I cannot find the original game like nowhere - my google-foo failed on this one :D

3 comments

I have a script for randomly playing ambient noise in a room. I dropped the script in the room where I want the sounds to play. When I enter the room, the sounds play as expected. However, if I exit and re-enter the same room, the sounds do not play. A bit of investigating shows that the update() function is not being called at all on the second entry of the room. Has anyone else run into this problem. Any fixes? Thanks in advance!

Voxatron 0.3.5
MacOS 10.14

1 comment

Hello,

i have a nes mini controller that i'd like to use with pico8.

I bought a mayflash "wii classic controller adapter" to plug the controller in usb.

The buttons are not correctly mapped by PICO8.

DPAD UP is mapped on pico8 button 3
DPAD DOWN is mapped on pico8 button 1
DPAD RIGHT is mapped on 0
DPAD LEFT is NOT mapped
BUTTON A and B are both mapped to button 5

I use the code over there to test the controller mapping: http://pico-8.wikia.com/wiki/Controllers

I decided to create my own controller mapping string using SDL2 gamepad tool. I read somewhere that i had to configure the left joystick to get it to work in pico8 but i wasn't successul. Putting this mapping in the sdl_controllers.txt file

03000000791d00000103000000000000,Dual Box WII,platform:Windows,x:b1,y:b2,-leftx:b15,+leftx:b13,-lefty:b12,+lefty:b14,

gave me the same result as before.

One thing i find odd is that in the log file i can read:

Reading controller mappings: C:/Users/USER/AppData/Roaming/pico-8/sdl_controllers.txt

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #celeste_resurrections-0 | 2019-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A PICO-8 remix of Resurrections from the Celeste OST.
Repeating parts are shortened for memory reasons.

Enjoy!

2 comments

The Growing Collection of Raspberry's...

And I Made One Into a Pi-Co

Except the only problem is...

I can't seem to figure out how to use get it online. It boots right into Pico 8, and was the simplest process I've ever followed for a Pi project. Not even any image writing, just pasting files onto the SD card, which was a first for me. The image/process I followed is here and it works amazingly otherwise. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to alter the boot code (which is open source and listed on Guillermo's github, link is on the same site I already linked to), I'd really appreciate the help!

(Ps, the history of magic book is my attempt at researching "real magic" to help bring some authenticity into an alternate history DND style campaign I'm working on. It is...actually pretty much a very dull book honestly, I was hoping it would be a bit different than it is.)

6 comments

Cart #wekamasahe-0 | 2019-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A tiny musical loop. While it's not particularly pleasant to listen to, I think making it helped me learn a lot about how Pico-8 music works.

0 comments

Hey everyone, I have a 3d printer now. I'm currently one step closer to being able to release a final product to the public now that I can actually manufacture the console myself, I still have a bit of work to do on the cartridge system but that's for a later update. Anyways I'll be posting print pictures in a couple days (assuming I have time to put this thing together). Side tangent here, I am so incredibly happy that I finally got my own 3d printer. I've been wanting one for 3 years and now that it is currently sitting right next to me its such a surreal moment.

0 comments

Cart #guhezufze-0 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Massive WIP, but I thought I'd share.
My daughter is massively into FNaF, so I hear a lot about it, and thought a demake would be a good learning experience.

Directional buttons control the doors/lights and show how much power you're using.
Clock in the upper-right counts to 12 PM (which is technically wrong, but good enough for testing)
At 12, a "night over" message appears.

That's all it does for now.
Next will be adding the power supply/usage mechanic.
Then cameras, then I'll populate the pizzeria!
My goal is to come as close to 1:1 with the first game as Pico-8 will allow.

Any input is welcome and encouraged.

4 comments

I love the new code display on the web player. I noticed one graphical artifact, which does not get in the way of reading the code but is nonetheless somewhat unpleasant. It appears like a second scrollbar, but is non-functional. See attached photo.

3 comments

Cart #pifawukike-1 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my attempt at trying to remake a Bubble Trouble!

Hit X to spawn a ball.
Hit Z to shoot spike at the bubbles.
Shoot them until the mini pops out and then try to save him to earn 10 points!
Save the minis to an get extra life, if you accidentally kill him you lose a life.

Getting hit by ball also makes you lose a life.

Try and get the most points in 60 seconds!

Good luck, have fun and let me know in the comments what you think!

1 comment

Cart #sparkjoy-0 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Marie Kondo's finally made it out of the clink, to find herself in a new neighborhood. Will she use her powers to spark joy for good or evil?

if you are holding a tool, you can break certain blocks by moving to the left or right of them. if you press the grab key while holding an item you drop the item unless you are also near a grab point, in which case you grab onto the grab point. the idea is to increase joy in all households till they hold a nice party for marie kondo. if you follow around the npcs, they'll talk about stuff they want or stuff they have too much of. it also seems the web player is a little buggy in that the controls stop working when the frame loses focus, so try downloading the cart if that seems to be the case.

4 comments

by kem
Cart #odef-3 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

controls: just one button "z"

ODEF is a retro-arcade inspired game developed at Global Game Jam 2019 by Miray Çolakoğlu, Iskender Erdem, Ahmet Kerem Gündüz and Görkem Bozkurt(me)

This is the first game I made, and I had a lot of fun making it. Any feedback is welcome!

It's developed for a fantasy hardware that I've build called the One-Thumb Entertainment System(OTES)

<br>

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #fireplacewarrior-0 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just messing around with Pico-8, nothing too serious!

0 comments

Cart #laika-5 | 2019-02-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Version 0.2

Find and rescue your dog!

Thruster : X
Boost : Double Tap X
Brake / Hover : Z
Turn : Left / Right
HUD: Down

Tips:

• Use mini map
  • If speed appears red, ship crashes on planet contact
  • Watch out for mines
  • Unfinished, no win condition
0 comments

Cart #catnabbit-2 | 2019-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Harley just wants to relax for the weekend, and comes home to a giant mess in her house. She only has a little time before her weekend officially starts and must clean up her cats' mess before she can relax. Run around and clean up the dirty objects!

Controls: USB Controller enabled, Keyboard Controls enabled.

Multiplayer: Player 1 will play as Harley cleaning the house, while the secondary player(s) will play as cats making the Harley's house their own personal scratching post.

Credits:

Nick Jackson - Writer and Project Manager​

​David Tran - Sprite Artist​

Anne Strickland - Compose & Sound Designer

Ryan Saul - Programmer

Big thanks to PIGSquad as well as all of our pets!
Made for Global Game Jam 2019

1 comment

BEE BUDZ v1.1

6 comments

Cart #dogworag-1 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hey all! a cartridge two programmers did in 48h for the global game jam 2019, one of whom hadn't touched pico 8 a few days before the start of the jam!

Z/X to attack/use
Arrow keys for movement

3 comments

Cart #foodman-0 | 2019-01-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

11 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->