BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #milt-0 | 2018-12-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Collecting presents is hard just because of you.

2 comments

Cart #orionsdefender-20 | 2023-02-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A passion project of mine, a somewhat FTL-inspired Space Invader. Fight, loot, survive.

4 comments

@zep

If I type this:

Look at my `inline code` please.

I get this, which I'm just going to let the BBS handle, so it might look right to anyone reading this after it's fixed:

Look at my inline code please.

The second backtick isn't closing the inline code.

As an aside, I personally would prefer it if inline code were simply a monospaced font, and not inverted as it is now. It makes using inline code very ugly and hard on the eyes. :/

I do like the old-printer-paper code block format though. :)

2 comments

@zep

I notice Benjamin Soulé's username doesn't show up right, even after your emoji fix.

See here:

https://lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3421

Looks like this at my end:

It seems to work fine inside this post's text though.

Edit: Yeah, there's some kind of encoding issue, not a font issue, because if I copy and paste it here, it still comes out "Benjamin Soul�", even though I was able to write it correctly above.

1 comment

Cart #bufferking-0 | 2018-12-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

LEGEND OF THE BUFFERKING: A turn-based 'enemy rush' arcade game.

I'm debating whether I should actually release it, as in it's current state, I feel that something that makes it fun is just missing from it. :/

• No Sound
  • Here be bugs

CONTROLS: X to Continue/Select, O to Go Back

If you HP reaches 0, you die.

Your SkillKard only functions when you have enough CP to use it. Moving around the panels slowly refills your CP gauge.

Your energy meter decreases as you move around the map. If you run out of energy, you have to REST, otherwise you can't attack or move.

You can only attack an enemy if you are on the same vertical line of them. The more energy you have, the more damage you will deal! Attack types go on a cooldown once used.

Thanks for playing! Constructive criticism is of course always welcome!

1 comment

Cart #nacwseswahmmm-2 | 2018-12-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Not A Creature Was Stirring (...Except Squeaky Whiskerson and his Marvelous Musical Mice!)

This is my cart for Day 7 of the 2018 PICO-8 Advent Calendar project!

Turn up your speakers!

12 comments

I don't know where I should post this so I'm doing it here . Hope it's no trouble.
I'd like to get some sources, tutorials, explanations about how to make some classic
effects used by the demoscene (like dot tunnels for example)
I'm trying to study some codes I got here on the lexaloffle website but they are a bit difficult, for me to understand and help would be appreciated.
Does anyone have any books or website to recommend that i could read? thank you very much

6 comments

Cart #blueo-1 | 2019-01-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A semi-sequel to "Untitled"/"The Untitled Experiment".
Help Bluestone wake up by delivering all of the gifts, all the while watching out for the indigo guy.

How to play:

Hide behind an item to avoid getting touched by enemies.

First, you'll need to press the red button to get the raincloud. Then, you can break the orange rocks at the cave's entrance.
Second, you'll need to deliver the five presents to the five blob friends. The red guy only accepts red gifts, the orange guy only accepts orange gifts, and so on.
Third, deliver a purple gift to the purple guy. Then, you'll want to get to the top-right corner of the map.

Controls:

Z: Jump
X: Grab

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #ostrich_runs-0 | 2018-12-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls
Z or Up = Jump
Down = Fall fast

This is the first game I made with PICO-8.
I used a lot of similar games as reference.

Thanks!

0 comments

Hi,

I'm starting my first game, a simple exploration game with some basic NPC dialogue, and lock and key puzzles. I've spent a couple of hours in the editor, and I'm comfortable with modelling and simple animation now, but I can't figure out how scripting works, so I'm struggling to get an idea of what you can or can't tweak.

For now I'm happy making levels, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could just let know if the following things are possible, so I can uh, adjust my vision accordingly...

• Disabling weapons, or editing the starting weapon into some kind of short range "interact with" function
  • Converting the HUD into a dialogue box for that "interact with" function
  • Having a "lost" NPC follow you after initiating dialogue (hitting them or bumping into them)

That's it really. I know the implementation of this stuff might change for the easier any day now with 3.5 being just around the corner, but I'd like to make this as part of a Christmas present, so I can't really put it off any longer. So, yeah, any advice would be gratefully received!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

I don't have a problem with there being a running, searchable list of featured carts, as was added in the new BBS update. However, it is problematic that adding that seems to have removed the option to sort through all carts by the number of stars they've been given. It would be appreciated if we got that feature back in addition to the new one.

1 comment

Cart #calculator-0 | 2018-12-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just a work in progress. The parser is not perfect but it needs a lot of work.

1 comment

The fullscreen button on the mobile web interface seems to have broken all of a sudden. Instead of displaying the screen, the fullscreen icon itself is displayed really big, stretched to fill the screen XD it's actually pretty funny.

(it's actually a pretty critical issue though because the mobile controls are super buggy and unreliable unless you're in fullscreen mode)

4 comments

This code does not work (unexpected symbol near 'then'):
if (x == "\\") then print(x) end

But this works OK:
bs = "\\" if (x == bs) then print(x) end

1 comment

A silly side scroller made for the ludum dare 43 "sacrifices must be made" game jam.

1 comment

I want to learn how to start making games and this program seems like a nice way to start learning.
But does it have Isometric capabilities? Like 2.5d?

2 comments

Following on from the 'some carts kill the browser tab' thread, those carts are no longer hanging for me, but there's still something funky going on in some of them compared to the desktop version.

It's most noticeable with https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=16351:

edit: background differences are more obvious at full res, sorry for the poor vertical alignment.

6 comments

Does the Windows installer for PICO-8 include both 32 bit and 64 bit releases? Just bought the Voxatron bundle and am wondering if I’m all good on this.

2 comments

Cart #rainbow_cats-2 | 2018-12-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Your kittens are in danger! How could they survive in such a crazy world?

You must return them home safely. Select the color of the kittens you wish to call and they will follow you everywhere.

Controls:

• Navigation and player controls: arrows
  • Call your kittens: X
  • Validation and jump: Z or W

This is the entry for Ludum Dare 43 we made with @Niarkou.

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->