Drive recklessly and try not to crash in this Reckless Driving Simulator 2019 Extreme Deluxe Edition called City Limits! (DLC not included)
This is a game made for the 219th One Hour Game Jam, the theme of which was "Limit".
Also available on itch.io.
The Antagonists' Bar Brawl
My first non-tutorial-guided game. After a fun night of D&D I woke up with inspiration to make this. Was done over a single weekend.
Although it's possible to get 10+ bots in the arena, it'll generally demonstrate how poorly coded physics can make the console suffer, haha.
- ARROWS = Player 1 move
- X = Player 1 Shoot
- ESDF = Player 2 Move
- Q = Player 2 Shoot
While making this, I had a newfound appreciation for PICO-8: I was running into the same problems regarding multiple player collisions that I would have with every other game engine (The one coming to mind being Unity). Hopefully I'll remember the lessons I'd learned on future games.
Help a drunk get some water.
I was bored, so I created this very short, nonsensical game in about 7 hours.
There are three different endings.
Also on itch.io: https://justfire45.itch.io/mild-intoxication
I really liked this puzzle from the game OneShot so I recreated it in pico-8.
- left and right arrow to change the selection
- main action button to interact with the selected element
Feedback is welcome
This is a breakout clone I made following the amazing tutorials available here:
Thanks to Krystman and Lazydevs for creating the series and allowing me to make my first game in Pico-8.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Arrow keys Left/Right to move the pad, X to release the ball
- Enter to pause the game
- Clear all bricks to advance to the next stage
- Change the direction/angle of the ball using the pad
- Collect powerups for various effects
- If you run out of lives, you can start again from the beginning or carry on from the same level but lose your score
- Turn screenshake effect on or off in the menu
- Leave me a comment below with your highest level/score :)
- Regular brick - one hit to break
- Hardened brick - three hits to break
- Indestructible brick - impossible to break
- Powerup brick - releases a random powerup when hit
- Explosive brick - damages all bricks around it
- Life pill - Grants an extra life
- Slow pill - slows ball speed for a short time
- Sticky pill - pad will catch the next ball to touch it
- Expand pill - increases the size of the pad for a short time
- Reduce pill - reduces the pad size for a short time and doubles all score
- Multiball pill - spawns another ball and increases score whilst active
- Megaball pill - destroys everything in its path!
I'm loving coroutines -- they make it so easy to write complex animations and user interactions. But without error stacktraces, debugging them is a nightmare. What's the plan around this? Can we expect a new version of Pico-8 with better error reporting from coroutines?
Hello! I decided to remake Celeste's feather minigame from the chapter Golden Ridge. I found it as a good coping mechanism for anxiety, but I struggled to do it without a visual aid, so I made this game. I tried my best not only to recreate the minigame, but also to make a shortened PICO-8 version of "Postcard From Celeste Mountain" by Lena Raine!
I'll gladly take any feedback :)
Ce post est la version française de: PICO-8 Giveaway
Initié par @Liquidream, plusieurs developpeurs offrent des licences pico8 à des jeunes (et moins jeunes) qui n'auraient pas les moyens mais pleins d'idées!
Pour avoir une chance de gagner, repondez à la discussion officielle avec un petit message:
- pourquoi vous voulez une licence?
- quel jeu(x) comptez-vous créer?
- Ouvert à tous (sauf ceux qui peuvent se payer une licence ET un sandwich!)
- Une seule entrée par personne
- Date de cloture (ouch!) Samedi 6 Juillet @ 11:00 (heure Paris)
- Les gagnants seront choisis au hasard
- Il y aura autant de gagnants que de licences offertes
- La licence sera attribuées via un compte mail (message privé)
Bonne chance 😁🤞
I don't know if this is just a quirk of how print does its job, but I've found that print statements with strings that begin with a "\n" newline character get cut off in the middle of the line.
In this image, the lines who are cut off are formatted with a \n at the beginning
I'm in a bit of a hurry, will update with more later.
Couldn't find any info on this but when I launch pico-8 on Raspbery Pi 4 I get this error.
[email protected]:~/pico-8 $ sudo ./pico8
./pico8: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Raspbian Version Info:
I wasn't totally surprised it didn't launch as I think there is new version of Raspbian for RPI4 so there could be issues.
I tried running it on a Pi2 (I think it was) that I had and it launched fine there so this isn't necessarily a problem that I need a solution for (as I can probably just use the much slower 2 for a bit), though it would be nice to know if there was an easy fix. I'm mostly reporting it just because I came across it and didn't see it reported.
The Last Taxi is a crazy-taxi inspired game where players control the last human-driven car in an effort to save people from the apocalypse. Fit as many people in your car within 3 minutes while avoiding getting shot by creepy aliens.
This game was developed for cowboy8625's 100 Dollar Game Jam on itch.io
Collect yellow squares and avoid red squares!
Cursors < ^ \/ >
DEMAKE of the flash game squares.
OOP engine gameenginez as base
The interesting part: a simple oop game engine in lua works behind.
The basic idea is that you are a nice "shopkeeper" who gives presents to visitors to helps with their problems. What a nice person! The gifts you give them affects how the story progresses.
Right now I got most of the mechanics done, but the scenarios are still WIP, so the game has only one scene. It was a busier June than I expected T_T. It was fun working with metatables and event managers using coroutines, though!
Menu: Z to start game.
Game: DOWN to fire main thruster
LEFT/RIGHT to fire main thrusters
Game over: Z to restart.
It's a lander game! Thrown together in about four hours over two days! Aaaa!
You're aiming to land as fully on the white pad as possible. If you're not on it enough, it won't count.
The wind/gravity is a little different on each level, so be wary of adjustments.
Just mind your fuel, and don't drag the lander along the walls, or you'll bust it up.
Whew another busy month. I have an exploding tooth in my mouth and that has been a bad time. Meanwhile I have been working on some cool Blender scenes in my 'project time' which leaves less time for actually making games. Frustrating at the end of the month when I end up rushing, but it feels good the rest of the month.
itch.io page: here.
#onegameamonth June 2019
hello, I'd like to know if anyone can help me. I wanted to make a bomb sprite appear 6 times on 6 random places on the screen (except a border that I made), so I made a function for that:
function randombomb() for i = 1,6 do spr(4,rnd(104)+8,rnd(104)+8) end end
I called this function in the _DRAW loop function, which was a mistake because the screen turned into a one big chaotic mess...
if it wasn't clear, I want the function to happen only 1 time and not infinitely. can anyone please help me?
The 💾 PICO-8 Giveaway period has now ENDED.
What WAS it?
I decided I'd like to do a giveaway for FREE copy of PICO-8 💾
...then the following lovely people decided to match my donation! 😲
- @zep - Creator of PICO-8 Fantasy Console! [🏠Home]
- @guerragames - Gamer+Engineer+Metalhead+Currently obsessed with PICO-8 [🏠Home]
- @Grumpydev - Developer, geek, exponent of using your brain [🏠Home]
- @Gruber - Musician. Composer. Pianist. [🏠Home]
- @skaarjslayer - Professional game developer by day, indie dev by night [🏠Home]
- @somepx - humble pixel artist / gamedev [🏠Home]
- @MBoffin - Tech officer @ PIGSquad, UnityPDX organizer, game jammer, PICO-8 [🏠Home]
- @Pikuma - Education platform: game dev, computer science + mathematics courses [🏠Home]
- @stalkjimmy - Game Jam Evangelist & Game Developer [🏠Home]
- @8bitartwork - A pixel art image processing app for iOS [🏠Home]
- @Eiyeron - Mostly game engine programmer. Somehow does some art. [🏠Home]
- @dddaaannn (x3!) - Software engineer and writer. [🏠Home]
- @matthias - Making games is fun [🏠Home]
- Chris Early - (: [🏠Home]
- @freds72 - Software architect #Ingenico at work / #pico8 dev at home [🏠Home]
- @elneil - Games lecturer and hackrobat. Organiser of Game Jams [🏠Home]
- Joe - Likes strings, owls, and poorly written code [🏠Home]
- @johanp - Everything is possible! Forever #gamedev with 100+ shipped games [🏠Home]
- @thattomhall - Game Designer. Co-founded id, ION Storm. Did Keen, Wolf3D, DOOM [🏠Home]
- @TRASEVOL_DOG (x4!) - Punk of the digital age ☆ Creating games [🏠Home]
- Anthony Villena (x2!) - [🏠Home]
- Ed (x2!) - [🏠Home]
- @cryptozoologist - NYC-based game developer, writer, musician [🏠Home]
- @MatheusMortatti - GameDev, Programmer and Shitty Pixel Artist [🏠Home]
- Cristina Ramos - Game developer, amateur boxer, cosplayer... [🏠Home]
- Joe Lafiosca - Software development, weird games, media, queerness [🏠Home]
- @skeleton_hugs - friendly/evil skeleton 💀 [🏠Home]
- @pauto - I'm too lazy to survive a zombie apocalypse. [🏠Home]
- @enargy - Dad to wonderful kids and Husband to an amazing Wife [🏠Home]
- @MitchellTR - Host: #GameDev Breakdown podcast, runs @codeWritePlay [🏠Home]
- Gert-Jan Verburg - Creator of things. [🏠Home]
- Robert Anderberg - Just some guy. [🏠Home]
- @castpixel - Professional pixelartist and illustrator. [🏠Home]
- @knh1901 - Python programmer. At home. Hobby game dev. [🏠Home]
- Dylan "ExoByte" Mayo - Game Designer and Virtual Economist [🏠Home]
- Bálint Magyar (x3!) - Designer. Amateur gamedev & musician [🏠Home]
- Ted Ajax Dobyns - Senior Software Engineer at 343 [🏠Home]
- @ElGregos - Mostly a developer [🏠Home]
- Kenneth Gagne - I make games and write about the process [🏠Home]
- Charles Palmer - game designer (community engineer @ controlzee) [🏠Home]
- @rez - 💾 coder at @RAZOR 1911 ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ [🏠Home]
- @thetomster3 - Hobbyist gamedev [🏠Home]
- @MarcoLizza - Software engineer (at day) and game developer (at night) [🏠Home]
So we now have 53x Free copies of PICO-8 to giveaway! 🥳
If you would also like to ADD to the Donations (but please, ONLY if doing so will not put you in any financial difficultly), then please feel free to message me directly on Twitter!
Why are you doing this?
PICO-8 has been, without a doubt, one of the best purchasing decisions I've ever made. 😊
It's brought me countless hours of joy, creativity and (in some cases) career opportunities.
From time to time, I see someone that seems very keen to start experimenting with PICO-8, but they simply don't have the budget for the (very reasonable) $14.99 price tag. It makes me wonder what they might've created, if given the option.
Well, I'd like for someone to have that option. 🤓
How do I enter?
To enter - simply reply to this thread, saying (in 50 words, or less)
- Why you would like to win and, ideally...
- What you would create with it (should you be lucky)?
What are the terms?
- Open to everyone, in all countries... NOW!
- (but PLEASE, do not enter if you already own PICO-8, or can comfortably afford it)
- Only one submission allowed, per person
- (don't attempt to abuse this - just be nice to others!)
- Closing deadline is this Saturday 6th July @ Midnight (GMT)
- After closing, all qualifying entrants' usernames will be fed into an online random selector
- (probably https://www.randompicker.com/)
- ...where 53 will be drawn at random, and announced here.
- I'll then ask the winners to contact me directly with their e-mail addresses, so that I can "gift" them each a copy of PICO-8.
- The organiser's decision is final.
Any other questions (or anything I've not covered), please let me know.
GOOD LUCK! 😁🤞
This is my first tweetcart! Use the mouse to find the red 웃! Inspired by Where's Wally/Waldo!
Each time you hit Willy with the cursor the difficulty (number of characters drawn) and initial score will increase value by 120.
Can you get to 1000 points? :D
Obs: Cart exceeds 280 chars by 3 to have more variety on things being drawn