BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #gorillas-0 | 2024-09-22 | Embed ▽ | No License

ABOUT

Your mission is to hit your opponent with the exploding banana by varying the angle and power of your throw, taking into account wind speed*, gravity, and the city skyline.

GORILLAS.1K was an attempt to demake the classic QBASIC game GORILLA.BAS, using only 1,024 compressed bytes of code, for #Pico1k Jam 2024.

*(Alas, I ran out of code space to implement wind - instead u got fancy animations!)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

el equipo seria así: persona 1 el quien programe Yo ago la parte grafica y dirijo al grupo persona 3 el quien agá la música del juego (lugar de musico ocupado por @headnote) y finalmente las personas las cuales son opcionales y si tengo el grupo principal y solo me faltan estas personas esperare 3 días pero si los del grupo me dicen que me tarde mas o menos esperándolos lo are persona 4 la que ayude al programador a programar persona 5 la que me ayude a mi por que la verdad sera difícil dirigir el grupo entonces me quedaría bien persona 6 la que ayuda a la persona 3 en la música y eso es todo serian 3 o 6 personas en el grupo así que son bienvenidos hablantes de español y ingles The team would look like this: person 1, the one who programs, I do the graphic part and lead the group, person 3, the one who adds the music of the game (occupied by @headnote) and finally the people who are optional and if I have the main one. group and I only need these people, I will wait 3 days but if those in the group tell me that it will take more or less to wait for them, person 4 will be the one who helps the programmer to program, person 5 will help me because the truth will be. It is difficult to lead the group so it would be good for me to have the help of the 6th person. to the 3rd person in the music and that's it, there would be 3 or 6 people in the group, so Spanish and English speakers are welcome.

8 comments

Floppa 2 my PICO-8 game

Cart #floppa_2-1 | 2024-07-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #omnesnumeri-5 | 2024-09-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #misakitest-1 | 2024-09-21 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've put together a way to use the MISAKI font (https://littlelimit.net/misaki.htm) to display Japanese on picotoron.

Currently, only simple functions have been implemented, so there is still a lot to do before it can be used in practical use.

I can't keep up with the work by myself, so I decided to release it here so that it can be used partially. Basically, I think it's fine if you use it freely. (I would appreciate feedback as well.)

*You will need to know the kuten code to display it, but there is a lot of useful information on the Internet about this.

0 comments

Cart #bigcatbigchaos-0 | 2024-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

How to play ?

Use your mouse and left click to drag the "space things" around ! Your goal is to destroy all of them by dropping them in the black hole.

What is this game ?

This game was created for the Lame Game Jam (September 20th 2024 to September 23rd 2024). The theme was “Chaos”. I wanted to do something with cats, creatures of pure chaos, so I thought maybe a space cat could be interesting. My boyfriend gave my the gameplay idea. It only took a couple of hours. I used Pico8, my default engine, but I used for the first time the mouse. That's why it's not perfect, but it's fine.

Where to find me ?

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Remake of GYRUSS (wip)

0 comments

Cart #mygameabc-0 | 2024-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #demon8x4-1 | 2024-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Hello, an Android App named "P8GO" has appeared. It's been making the rounds in retro handheld communities because it allows to play Pico-8 games (with a splore-like function) in Android systems, something that we have been lacking.

However, I have doubts about this app. It looks like all it does is be a web container for lexaloffle. But there doesn't seem to be any affiliation between the author and lexaloffle. It doesn't seem to have ads of any sort, but it does have a required login after you play a few games.

Basically, what I am asking is: Is this cool to use? Are we cool?

Outside of those concerns, it's a very good experience as an app. Of course, Pico 8 games are a great thing to play and it has a swipe feature to quickly switch between games.

1 comment

alguien que me ayude a aser un juego porfa no se programar ayuda

2 comments

Picomm

An IRC-like internet messenger

I've made a messenger app for the picotron.
You can change your nick, a channel and chat with people there.
There are +- unlimited amount of channels (gui only allows for 16 characters, but API works with larger numbers)

Libraries used:

It doesn't work in the browser :(

Cart #picomm-0 | 2024-09-20 | Embed ▽ | No License

This project is still in a pretty early stage of a development but it works and you
can chat with people and have some confidence that your messages will arrive to others.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #quinetyper-0 | 2024-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A lil thing for Pico-1k jam
Type out the source code for the game itself!

I think this one was more fun to make than it is to play. It presented interesting challenges like how the cartridge stores its own code, a or using escape characters.

2 comments

Cart #cake_factory-0 | 2024-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Please read all of this. It'll only take a minute and it'll teach you how to use this cart.

The ultimate cake factory!

Build your own production line! You can use conveyor belts, springs, antigravity zones, and more!

How to get started:

open the cart file in your pico-8 editor. (Sadly, an in-game editor has not yet been implemented in this version). Go to the map editor! To summon cakes, place a green dispenser. To move the cakes, use various tools to build a path, such as conveyor belts, springs, and antigravity zones. Once a cake finishes its journey, the only way to delete it is to drop it out of the world.

THINGS TO NOTE:

-To turn off the 3D map, change MAP_3D in the _INIT() function to FALSE.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Hey @zep ! I just wanted to call a specific bug with the new UI's to attention. First off, the new ui's look great, but they have been causing issues with Code blocks in previews, on a user's page. Take a look.

As you can see, since the code block isnt technically being closed, since the preview is cutting it off, its eating up the continue reading button! This isnt the most site-breaking issue, but it is still annoying. You can see this by visiting my blog page and scrolling down to "CCGA".

Thank you for reading!

1 comment

hola a todos existe un juego creado con pico el cual trae la version pagada pero yo solo tengo la online entonces como la obtengo es justo la que aparece abajo en el anuncio de compra

0 comments

Cart #tasenipasi-0 | 2024-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

total tuve unos errores con el codigo y tuve esta fracaso

1 comment

Cart #boiled_owl-1 | 2024-09-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, I was challenged to make a game in a week, so here we are. I may have just used Slepi a retxture of Jelpi so half the code (plat former part) is all of Zeps code, since I had to cram a lot in such a short amount of time. Sadly due to having a week I only made 1 music for the plat former part no background for the "kill owl" and "boil owl" sections of the game (Ps in the "boil owl part there are invisible walls I did not have time to get rid of them since I was rushing, sorry for that)

1 comment

como se ase el comando para que un archivo p8 se vuelva un cartucho png

2 comments

Cart #vhsvault-1 | 2024-09-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

In VHS Vault: Sokoban Sepulcher, work is a nightmare. Welcome to the graveyard shift!

Lit only by flickering TVs and neon red exit signs, putting away tapes isn't just your job... it's your doom! As the static clears, you realize that you're not alone. Classic monsters crawl out of the displays to hunt you down in this puzzlehouse of terror!

Overcome fiendish sokoban challenges while dodging dimly lit horrors lurking among the shelves. Will you be quick enough to pop in the final tape and escape before they close in... or will you star in a gruesome finale?

At the VHS Vault, you can rewind the tapes - but not your fate!

Made in collaboration with my friends Andy (who is responsible for all the amazing art) and Jimch (programmer, game designer, and puzzle game stan) for the Scream TV game jam. Music by the wonderful @Gruber. The technique for dynamic lighting came from @krajzeg's great writeup. Much level design inspiration was taken from David W. Skinner's Microban puzzles.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->