BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Request: Have the output of TRACE tell you tab and line number within the tab. Presently it tells line number from the beginning of the entire file.

I use TRACE, and I also use tabs in the editor.

Is there a way to get tab-based line numbers in the output of TRACE? otherwise the line numbers in the output are not so useful.

Here is my code:

local _ALIVE, EX = coresume(self.COR)
 if EX then
  printh(trace(self.COR, EX))
  color(7)
  stop("\nCOROUTINE ERROR, SEE TERMINAL")
 end

thank you!

1 comment

Hello everyone

I'm new here and don't really have much experience with Pico-8 or Picotron, but I'm trying to learn by doing and of course I didn't start with the easiest task
[8x8]

I'm trying to understand how to decode copied sprites PODs or their base64 content. I'm trying to see the sprite data in e.g. bytes, or any format I could use to recreate the sprite in another programme.

I tried to decode the b64 code with the Linux command base64 --decode and I get a file starting with lz4. When I then try to decode the file with the command lz4 -t (https://github.com/lz4/lz4/) I get the error message:
Error 44 : Unrecognized header : file cannot be decoded

Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #bunnyrace-1 | 2024-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello y'all! I made a fun little project to test the dset and dget functions. Didn't know I could save data in a PICO8 game! Hope you like it <3

5 comments

Cart #tiler-3 | 2024-08-27 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

demo instructions in the cart itself, code and even spritesheet reasonably commented.
all tiles connect with each other by default, but that's changeable in the update_tile method.

feel free to make modifications, additions, optimisations, etc

made for a quite large and special sorta-secret project ;)

1 comment

Just discovered Pico-8! Looking forward to the many hours of fun on multiple devices!

1 comment

Cart #teyorware-0 | 2024-08-27 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Portation from Pico-8 to arcade deluxe Picotron of this game. Check the attract mode's roll for instrunctions.
Enjoy! :)

1 comment

i cant program like i normally do anymore and its messing with my brain HOW DO I FIX THIS????

to be more specific, pressing arrow keys selects text, rather than just moving the cornel, so you cant type "print()" as a base, because then when you try to type inside of it, it replaces the end parentheses with the contents you type in, aka, the main way i program is broken, AND I CANT FIX IT PLS FREE ME FROM THIS PSYCOLOGICAL TORTURE

5 comments

Hey y'all! I'm trying to recreate the building explosion that begins at 2:42 in this clip from Contra III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQBfWT4v28&t=159s

More specifically, I'd like to know how to efficiently animate the sprites of the building to recreate the sinking effect. Can anyone share a conventional approach to this?

2 comments

I want to write a post on a PICO-8 color study I did about a year ago. I think it has potential to help PICO-8 artists new and seasoned. I'm not an art student or a journal writer, I just want to write a post about my discovery, but I'm poor at writing walkthroughs.

[32x16]

If anyone has tips, I'd be thrilled to hear them out.

[128x32]

1 comment

Cart #pizzatowerpicoremix-2 | 2024-08-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Github Download Link Here:
https://github.com/martenmario64/pizza-tower-pico-remix/releases/download/1.0.1/pizzatowerpicoremix_v2.7z

Repo Here: https://github.com/martenmario64/pizza-tower-pico-remix

22 comments

Cart #picotrons-0 | 2024-08-26 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

welcome to picotrons v0.8

A game about picotricity and what you can do with it.

This is a early concept and I would like to build upon this even further. If anyone has any suggestions, please share :)

place picotrons with:

• lb: vertical
  • rb: horizontal
  • mb: spining
  • x: source
  • c: static

Ui:

• left side is "edit":
    now if you press a picotron it will change to 1 of 4 states

• right side is "delete":
    now if you press a picotron it will be deleted

• the skull delets everything, press it or use the key "d"

• Press "I" for the cpu info.

I am struggling to make the picotrons have a stable connection, It doesnt work if you place a static then the source.
You need to place the source always first. So if someone could help resolve this it would be great, thanks in advance.

share your creations, and have fun :)

1 comment

Cart #anditsover-0 | 2024-08-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

And It's Over

On a rather shitty day in August 2024, the world changed forever. Mankind was invaded and completely annihilated by alien invaders from outer space. To make matters worse, Antonette was on the verge of winning for the first time at her regular bingo night. As everyone around her turned into particles, she not only survived, but evolved into something more powerful and angry. So she turned her wrath on the invaders who had killed all her friends and rained on her bingo parade.

About

And It's Over is a single level bullet hell shmup with a nod to bonus letters from a bygone era. Back in the day, you could master arcade games by collecting the word "bonus" to get a higher score. It also features a bingo game mechanic using the bonus letters to unlock over 16 alternative color schemes.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #topdownengine-3 | 2024-09-01 | Embed ▽ | No License

Top Down Engine 0.5

This is version 0.5 of my TopDownEngine, so please still consider it prerelease!

Videos explaining the engine

Quickstart guide

What does this do?

This project aims to:

• support single and multiple players at the same time
  • provide a window system to render these players
  • include saving and loading
  • include a map animation function
  • provide a system to work with multiple maps
    using a "doors"-table
  • include functions for basic code-side inventory
    management with item checking, giving and taking
  • provide an easy to use text system

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Cart #danegukani-3 | 2024-09-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

!!New Updates!!
+Level progression
+Difficulty ramping
+Fuel consumption

Rescue comrades and land safely in harsh conditions.

My variant, courtesy of Mboffin, this project is still in early development.

0 comments

Cart #zegokersu-7 | 2024-09-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 player combat game that tests player's timing skill.

New Menu update!

X: Attacks
O: Parries incoming attacks
O+Down: Counters the parry

Controllers are recommended :-)

0 comments

Gravity Popper

Cart #gravity_popper-1 | 2024-08-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Gravity Popper is a dynamic arcade-style game where you launch balls to destroy enemies while dealing with gravity effects and physics. Your goal is to eliminate as many enemies as possible without losing all your lives.

How to Play:

1. Aim the Ball:

• Use the controls to adjust the launch angle and speed of the ball.
    • Aim carefully to hit the enemies with maximum impact.
  2. Launch the Ball:

• Press the launch button to send the ball flying towards the enemies.
    • The ball will move according to the angle and speed set, following a parabolic path influenced by gravity.
  3. Destroy Enemies:
    • The ball can destroy enemies by colliding with them.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #ducky_death-0 | 2024-08-26 | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Hey all,

I'm noticing a slight audio delay when using the native app for Linux, as well as the raspberry pi version (on a Linux handheld). This delay is not present on the web player. I've tested a few games with the same results. I notice it in the boot up sequence as well, so it seems to be a global issue. Is this expected behavior? It's not game breaking, but it's noticeable. Thanks.

I'm running the Linux version on a Chromebook - no other apps have audio lag.
I'm running the Pi version with Knulli on an Anbernic RG35XX plus.

7 comments

Has anyone had any success running Voxatron on Windows 11? I am getting a crash at boot, immediately. The error is in the title. I've tried Directx updates, .NET updates, compatibility mode. No dice.

0 comments

Cart #my_adventure-2 | 2024-08-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->