BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #up_down_solitaire-0 | 2024-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone! This is my first PICO-8 game. I hope you like it. I was playing the other day Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS and decided to make a simple version of the card game in PICO-8. So, I present to you:

Up-Down Solitaire

Try to empty the board by playing cards from the last row onto the discard pile. You can only play a card with a number right after or right before the number of the discard pile. For example, you can play a 3 onto a 2 or a 4, but you cannot play the 3 onto another 3 or onto a 10. Colors and suits don't matter. As and King are connected.

If you cannot play any card. Draw a card from the drawing pile. Choose the number of jokers to change the difficulty (A better tutorial can be found inside the cart).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #yac-0 | 2024-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Lets learn Pico8, it's amazing so far!!

1 comment

Cart #mifibifuyu-0 | 2024-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello,

This is my first time ever publishing a game and I am super excited!

DISCLAIMER

I actually followed SpaceCat's tutorial on Youtube so this is not something I came up with. However, I decided to upload it anyways because I did add my own spin on it and felt that I had actually done a good job with the coding. I would love feedback so I can improve my programming skills for my first official game.

3 comments

same as title, its trying to call player1 but isnt able to?
im relatively new to coding so idrk how to fix this

14 comments

Cart #junkpcmsine-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Is Junk Sine

How to play

Use a left and right for change pitch

Tech

Is sine wave sample has 5512hz you found this code of sine sample in @zep cartridge
click

Credits

Code @NazarFloppaLovesP8
Sine Sample and aajjbi cartridge @zep

1 comment

In A Prototype Version Of pizza tower pico build there was a unused desert level do you want it?

here is the prototype :)

Cart #kuwurudado-0 | 2024-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #cubes01-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

5 comments

HELLO

Im back to using 8-bit samples im make Fire in the hole samples

Press O for play

Geometry Dash

Cart #fireintheholegdpcm-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Counter Strike

Cart #fireintheholecspcm-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Credits

@bikibird For make Defy

3 comments

Hey, I thinkered around with pico-8 before but never got to try to make a game or something. So I decided to change that and make my first attempt on it. I gave myself 3 days to do something and today is actually the third day, but I think Im fine for now.

Cart #donkaykongi-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I think the project was a little too big for a first one. It wasnt complicated but if I wasnt following a tutorial this game would have look a lot different :D. (I used nerdyteachers tutorials on platformers.) Since I had limited time I really messed up the code on some parts. So dont judge the code please. Also game isnt finished or anything. I dont know it will be ever finished mainly because of collision system and jumbelled code. But it was fun and I wanted to share it. And kinda proud of it. So yeah enjoy I guess.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

by alij
Cart #pidinakozi-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

this is parkour game try this!

4 comments

Cart #neyumurudo-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

been searching if there's a way to do that but i didnt really find anything that properly reloads specific sprites without either not reloading the bottom part of them or not reloading them entirely

5 comments

ver 0.3

Cart #fnafgblowrez-0 | 2024-08-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

to do:

• enemies
  • enemy graphics
  • camera graphics
  • audio
  • custom night
1 comment

Cart #anchors_aweigh-0 | 2024-08-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I want to credit a couple of sources for this game. First is Lazy Devs and Krystman for his fantastic shmup tutorial. The title and boss music came from snabisch on itch.io, who has some incredible PICO-8 tunes available for use.

This plays as a fairly standard shmup. Shoot torpedoes with the O button. Enemies can drop life preservers. If you collect at least 5, you can press the X button to release an anchor that damages enemies. If you collect 10 life preservers and are missing a life, you will receive a 1up. If your lives are full, you get additional points.

There are two different types of bullets that enemies can shoot at you. The standard "bubble" bullets will do 1 hit of damage to your sub. The electricity bullets will temporarily paralyze your ship, but won't do any damage themselves.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #hagabawha-0 | 2024-08-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I don't really know whats going on with this platform yet, first time using it

uploading to share with a friend before continuing

yippee?

0 comments

The first ever Picotron web browser!

load #picogo in the terminal

This first alpha release comes with basic web browser features.
You can search keywords to surf the web or read a specific web page by pasting it's URL!

My goal is to make it as functional as possible and some BBS correlated features will probably be added in the near future. Feel free to help me bring this project to life, let's make a team!
Hit me up if you need to understand any part of the code.

The bbs player isn't stable because fetch isn't fully supported yet (I guess?)
Cart #picogo-0 | 2024-08-07 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #froggomoded-0 | 2024-08-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Not click just don't is bad

2 comments

Cart #weatherer-0 | 2024-08-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

"the weatherer" is my entry to the 2024 LOWREZJAM. hope you enjoy!

it is a "god game" in which your goal is to look at the animals below and change the weather accordingly

more info on my itch! that-kerb-guy.itch.io/weatherer

0 comments

I'm attempting to create a fully-fledged platformer game with Picotron, and I'm encountering some collision detection issues. You see, I followed Nerdy Teachers' platformer collision tutorial since I figured the code would work with Picotron (it technically being an advanced PICO-8 after all). And I'm correct, but something is seriously wrong. When I tested the collision code, this is what I was presented with:

Now I think this is happening due to one or more of the following reasons:

• The code was designed with 8x8 sprites in mind when my player character is in a 16x24 resolution and the tiles are 16x16 sprites.
  • The code wasn't made with Picotron in mind (since the Nerdy Teachers tutorial I followed predates Picotron by quite a while).
  • I've just been a complete idiot and made a mistake in the code that is causing this whole kerfuffle.

I've provided the code for the collision system and player physics below, as well as the player's table and physics variables. If anyone can help me rewrite or optimize the code to work with Picotron, then that would be a great help and I sincerely thank you for your assistance. <3

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Hey guys! Can anyone help me with embedding my PICO-8 game on WordPress? I used the HTML function in Elementor to embed the iFrame, but the game only seems to work on the computer. If I try to access via my iPhone (using Safari/chrome), it doesn't work. Thank you in advance.

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->