BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #youtooz_floppa_plush_for_free-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #strange_caracal-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Is experiment on pal and rnd im add in function _init and function _update60

Photo of caracal im use Depict and im open file PICO-8 cartridge and paste in gfx

source photo

1 comment

Cart #phoenix_picotron-0 | 2024-07-23 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Based on the 1980 arcade classic.

My first Picotron project, this is a conversion of my Pico-8 remake.

Thanks To

• Finn for testing

Version History

• 0.80 - 23-Jul-2024 - Released
6 comments

I'm working on something with lots of overlapping sprites, that need to be drawn in the correct order. After my failed attempts at implementing quicksort, I found a thread suggesting Z values could be used as keys in a table. My table of sprites will be rebuilt every frame, so the plan is to insert sprites at specific positions in the table once they're created. This way, I should hopefully be able to iterate over the table with a for loop without sorting it at all. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure the last part out.

table={}
add(table, 10, 1)
add(table, 20, 2)
add(table, 15, 1.5)
add(table, 27, 2.7)
for i in all(table) do
 print(i)
 --[[
 ]]
end
print(table[1.5]) --[nil]
print(table

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=151674#p)
6 comments

Cart #aaasajjrkljlfgfdsh-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Big Header

Medium Header

Small Header

italics bold

URL Description

Embed:
[**could not embed: 1234] // cartridge id

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #pico8_setup-0 | 2024-07-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Simple PICO-8 setup screen

that use WITH CREDIT

code using in @mattu82 cartridge called Booting

0 comments

Cart #fuwgiwugo-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

it contains the main steps of creation for a warhammer fantasy rp character of the fourth edition which is translated to spanish by Devir (i still don't put the step of the talents because i'm fighting with myself whether to put them in this cartridge or put them in a different one). i wanted to translate it to english and make it equal to the spanish version but i realized that i need the cubicle7 version xd because that one has the data of the roll tables different from the spanish version and i don't want anyone to be confused.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #bubbletowers-1 | 2024-08-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Tower Defense Game for Pico-8.
This game is inspired by the old flash games:
Bubble Tanks Tower Defence.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #speeko8test-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Im use @bikibird tool called Speeko8
Press ❎ for play
Press 🅾 for stop

1 comment

Cart #matorodufa-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I'm working on a farming simulator game. In the _init() function it should randomly generate the pattern on the grass tile and then randomly place the grass tile on the map (replacing any empty tiles.) However, a strange bug is occurring where some map tiles are corrupt. Can somebody explain what's going on? Use arrow keys to move around.

2 comments

I have been attempting to make a Picotron game. When there are too many objects in a table that are being updated, some objects just do not update. I really don't know if this is a problem on my end or a Picotron bug.

I have falling rocks from the sky (as it is a sequel to Rockfall 3), and when there are maybe 10-20 of them at once, they will collectively pause in the air before continuing. The player movement does not turn choppy, and the CPU usage stays quite low (15% with about 100 rocks), so I don't think it's an optimization problem.

Here's the code in my rocks.lua:

rocks = {}

function add_rock(x,y,xv,yv)
    add(rocks, {
        x=x,
        y=y,
        xv=xv,
        yv=yv
    })

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=151628#p)
1 comment

Cart #trackercmd-2 | 2024-08-22 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Since I have a hard time remembering tracker commands, I made this.
We can change where things show up by tweaking main.lua.

It seems that the web player can't play the tool tray.

changes

• Fixed a typo.
  • Right-click to exit.
0 comments

When turning knobs in the SFX or instruments editors, it can be difficult to adjust by dragging.

This happens when the window size is x2 or more and you use Alt + Tab to switch application windows.
As a temporary fix to this problem, you can restore adjustments by returning the window to normal size.

This has been the case since the version before v0.1.0h when the mouse lock function was added.

0 comments

In "> Pico Hack_" you are a freelancer Hacker who take jobs for corporations.
You can be a Black Hat or White Hat. It is your choice.

Any comments, criticisms or ideas are welcome :)

release 1.0.1 (2024-08-03)

• fix "disconnect by server" outcome
  • small fixes in account registration
  • fix mission debriefing
  • fix news

Cart #snake_phack-2 | 2024-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #highwaymadness091-0 | 2024-07-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Sorry if this is a completely dumb question. I'm new to Pico 8 and game dev in general. I'm stuck in my first project attempting to randomize map layouts. My game is a simple vertical scrolling game where the player moves from side to side to avoid obstacles. I'd like to begin on one screen, and then end on a final screen with the ones in between being a random selection from the 12 or so other screens I've drawn. I know the easiest way to do this is probably with nested tables, but I'm having trouble understanding how I could accomplish this. Any help would be awesome.

2 comments

Cart #picotron_filter_testbench-0 | 2024-07-21 | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a tool for visualizing the impulse response (top) and frequency magnitude response (bottom) of different filters. The frequency magnitude response is determined by taking the magnitude of the FFT of the impulse response.

It's a pretty messy tool that's accumulated a few different features from various things I've been trying to do, but I want to refer to the cart in a Mastodon post so I'm posting it here. Ignore the blue and orange lines, those are from a different experiment; just focus on green and red.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #acowsadventure-1 | 2024-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Main Controls: Z - Open Shop/Back | X - Shoot/Confirm | Arrow Keys - Move
Alt Controls: N - Open Shop/Back | M - Shoot/Confirm | ESDF - Move

Welcome to A Cow's Adventure!

This is my first game on Pico-8 and, actually, ever! I made it in 7 days (+ 1 day bug fixing/balancing) and have been learning lua for ~5 days prior so this was a SUPER fun and educational experience!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #pss_example_project-7 | 2024-07-21 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

load #pss_example_project

You can create mods for Picotron Solitaire Suite from this example project cart. the cart contains a single solitaire variant from which you can learn how the api works and build your own games from. Try to keep all changes you make inside cart_games/ and card_backs/. Though you should probably adjust suite_scripts/main_menu.lua to better match your game.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #in_the_middle-1 | 2024-07-21 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This cart was made as a silly little entry for the Goblin Bunker July 2024 Game Jam, between July 19th and July 20th, 2024

The font is Maple by Chevy Ray

If you download it, it will track your score

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->