BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Cart #truemirroreste-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

why

3 comments

NOTE: mouse locking seems to be broken on the web player for now, so to try the instrument editor you should load the cart in Picotron instead (i.e. load #visitrack).

Mouse locking also behaves strangely on some platforms (e.g. mac); I added some settings (accessible through the menu) to change the sensitivity and direction, to see if that helps.

Cart #visitrack-2 | 2024-04-24 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

VisiTrack is a music tracker, an alternative to the SFX editor provided with Picotron. This is still a work in progress!

(NOTE: this cartridge requires the last version of Picotron, 0.0.1f)

VisiTrack also contains a fully functional instrument editor, which should be able to do anything the default sfx editor can, but presented in a different way.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #hellouniverse-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, NO THIS ISN'T A OVERLY EASY GAME!
its a little test i made to try out tables and multiple sprites
THANK YOU NERDY CODING FOR THE LUA MANUAL
Enjoy!

0 comments

tline3d misses sub-pixel precision and generate incorrect samples at borders.

note: tline3d adheres to the (correct) rule of filling [x0//1;x1//1[

how to reproduce:

• run attached cart
  • left: per pixel
  • right: tline3d
  • notice border artifacts & texture wobbling

Cart #satanebika-2 | 2024-04-11 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #grid_wallpaper-0 | 2024-04-11 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made a wallpaper that can react to mouse position and movement. It uses some userdata stuff that I've shared before. There's extra settings inside _init(), which I've set to be a bit mild to make the effect less distracting.

Other line options

0 comments

Cart #fujujosete-2 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #antimagnet-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

just a tiny cool thing

how to use:

• use Your mouse/mousepad/"any other device you can control the mouse with" to control the mouse
  • dots dont like you :(
  • enjoy the not-liking of the dots, because it looks cool
  • (extra) the lines also dont like you :|

have fun :)

0 comments

Cart #rockpusher-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a tiny puzzle game, where you solve most problems by pushing rocks. No pulling the rocks, please!

This game was made in order to teach myself how to finish a game. Everything made by me.

It was a really nice learning experience, especially about level design. I'm excited to finally have finished something and start working on the next thing!

It is possible to skip to any level, by entering a level code in the tutorial screen:

1. What Rock? → ↑ → →
  2. The Pushing Begins ↓ ↓ ↑ →
  3. Osmosis ← → ↓ →
  4. Touchdown ↑ ↓ ↓ ↑
  5. A Big Hug ↓ ← ↑ ←

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Is it possible for a Picotron cartridge to escape Picotron's environment and access files outside Picotron?

Is there any known or unknown API that allows that? Known APIs: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=140816

Is the embedded Lua language fully sandboxed? Does Picotron utilise solutions mentioned here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1224708/how-can-i-create-a-secure-lua-sandbox

Is it safe to run any Picotron cartridge downloaded from the internet?

Is PICO-8 safe to run any cartridge?

0 comments

Cart #entaloneralie_p8-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! This is a remake of a clock made by Devine Lu Linvega.

Check out the original clock here!

I made it as a distraction when I was learning to code in uxn, because I felt it would look pretty cool as a screensaver on my RGB-30 (though it doesn't really work as a screensaver if the clock border is static lol)

The clock uses a date and time format described in detail here. Basically, the letter of the alphabet marks each 2-week period since the start of the year (26 letters * 2 = 52 weeks) and the 2-digit number immediately following is the day of each period. Days are then divided into a 1000 beats with a 1000 pulses each. (e.g. 500:000 is noon)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #rush_e_pico8-0 | 2024-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #terraform-0 | 2024-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

terraform

You can now make awesome Planets and discover new sights.
Using this game, wow :O

Controls and how to use

• X for a new seed
  • C for the making of terrain
  • Up for a better landscape
  • Down for Forest
  • (recommended) Up to make the forest
  • left to copie the seed
  • right to paste
  • d for done

Share your worlds and have fun :)

2 comments

Cart #packbats_2node-5 | 2024-08-28 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

As previously threatened, we have created a collection of simple (1-2 nodes, 1-2 envelopes) Picotron instrument patches for anyone to use in their programs. All of the instrument patches are released as CC-0 public domain - you are free to use, modify, and sell without credit. (Although we would appreciate credit if you do make something with it as long as the thing is not, like, evil or bigoted - Nazis, TERFs, and channers, go away.)

With the 1.0 release, there were 25 instruments (v1.0 mp3 preview), sorted into five categories; since then, we have added and revised several more. The current set:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Pico-8 Injects

If you dont know what an "inject" is, ill explain it here.

An inject is a script or program that you append (add) to the end of another program to serve a function. good examples of an inject are code snippets you add to the end of a cartridge to alter things in real time or gain extra functions. RTCP is a great example of a code inject (code below). you simply just add the inject in a new code tab, and it automatically does its set function(s) without having to modify the source code.

Here are a few injects i have created

RTCP

--[[ rtc-p+ ]]--
--portable rtc made by antibrain
cf,clvl,ct=150,100,0
if _init!=nil then _init()end
function rtc()
if cf<0then cf=0elseif clvl<0then clvl=0end
menuitem(1,"corrupt spd:"..cf,function(b) icf(b) end)
menuitem(2,"corrupt lvl:"..clvl, function(b) iclvl(b) end)
menuitem(3,"nxt crpt in:"..-(ct-cf))
ct+=1
if ct>=cf then ct=0
for i=1,clvl do
poke(abs(rnd(-1)),rnd(-1))
end end end
function icf(b)
if(b&2>0)then cf+=10 rtc()end
if(b&1>0)then cf-=10 rtc()end 
return true end
function iclvl(b)
if(b&2>0)then clvl+=10 rtc()end
if(b&1>0)then clvl-=10 rtc()end 
return true end
while true do 
rtc() if _update!=nil then _update()
elseif _update60!=nil then _update60()
end if _draw!=nil then _draw() end
flip()
--the below loop can be removed if you are short on tokens.
if (_update==nil or _update60==nil) and _draw==nil then
?"no update or draw loops found!"
?"for carts that dont use"
?"game loops, load #rtcp and"
?"use that instead."
?" "
?"if loaded off bbs, please"
?"use a pico-8 editor to use this."
stop()end end

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #nootcoins-0 | 2024-04-10 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #cyopicoris-0 | 2024-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A mod of MarkGamed7794's Picoris that allows you to create your own pieces. This is my first project with pico 8, a Tetris game where you can make your own pieces is something I've wanted to play for a while and very proud how it came out. I added a lot of original features and modes as well as many from Picoris 2.

I've had a lot of fun playing and creating this and problem solving to fit a lot in the cartridge, hope you enjoy!

Screenshots

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #lickem_v02-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Dev's time: 00:09.03

Goal

• When next to human, lick them.
  • When away from the human, move to it.

Controls

Key Action
X Move
O Lick

Blah blah

My first real "game" made in pico8. Nothing to crazy, but it was more of a challenge than I thought and I had fun making it.

A while ago, I started working on this game. After many days and a few road blocks, I gave up and went to using a game engine (Godot, not that it matters to much). It was nice being able to produce so much, so fast, with minimal efforts. In just a few days I was able to take what I had started in Pico-8 and turn it into a “full-ish” game.

It still bothered me that I gave up so easily. After buying a miyoo mini and playing some pico-8 games on there, it really made me want to finish my game. So I did.

The game is still not finished, but I am proud of going to back working on it.

Changelog

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Mox Wild West (WIP)

Cart #moxwildwest-6 | 2024-04-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Story

[8x8]

The story about Mox unfolds in a small canyon enclave, where he's stuck and can't escape. The canyon has been overrun with bandits and other mysterious creatures. There are trains passing multiple times every day, but they never seem to stop in the small town, maybe he can find a clue? (wip)

Controls

[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

I feels like the traditional way to load a cart is too slow, so make a FasterLoader with UI and interact by keys may be better. But the file commands like cd, load, and open are not available for coding!.
I can use load and cd in the code but it just doesn't gives any reaction feels like the code not existing. What's more, the open command is not even included in because while I tried to run it, the terminal says syntax error, which makes me feel upset. ;(

2 comments

Cart #yutayufida-2 | 2024-04-16 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Update 4/16/24
Added sound effects! Thanks for your collection @packbat !

• Added sfx for various actions including sniffing, barking, bots and dog running.
  • And Win noises! and lose noises.

Side note: the last thing is the bots don't really have pathfinding but that's a bit beyond my ability for now <_< I fix that at some point but I'm effectively done and moving on to the next project.
Thanks for looking!

Update 4/10/24
Some quick changes

• Commented in the code to help clarify what everything does
  • Adjusted the menu screen's examples to help show what you're supposed to do
  • Added a little "shocked" animation to show when some actions happen i.e. bot stunned when the dog barks.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->