Follow
Kulpas
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #entaloneralie_p8-0 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi! This is a remake of a clock made by Devine Lu Linvega.

Check out the original clock here!

I made it as a distraction when I was learning to code in uxn, because I felt it would look pretty cool as a screensaver on my RGB-30 (though it doesn't really work as a screensaver if the clock border is static lol)

The clock uses a date and time format described in detail here. Basically, the letter of the alphabet marks each 2-week period since the start of the year (26 letters * 2 = 52 weeks) and the 2-digit number immediately following is the day of each period. Days are then divided into a 1000 beats with a 1000 pulses each. (e.g. 500:000 is noon)

Since pico8 doesn't have a way to measure miliseconds (or at least I couldn't find anything), I implemented sub-second measurements in a hacky way which is simply counting frames and pretending each frame is 1/60th of a second. I noticed it sometimes makes the clock go slightly backwards for a frame or two though I haven't tried to debug it thoroughly, maybe the line draw code is wrong idk.

Hope you enjoy!

P#146343 2024-04-11 07:33 ( Edited 2024-04-11 07:36)