BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #peseyiposo-1 | 2024-02-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a game I made before I made this account, in fact this is the first game I made on pico-8. It never really had a name until now, just being called 'coingame'. But now that I'm releasing it I decided to give it a slightly better name, Green-Man's Coins.
Green-Man will likely appear in future games, including a way better one that I'm working on right now.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Just improved my run, almost halved the time. Maybe I could try the second one too?

0 comments

Cart #bushi_brawler-0 | 2024-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

In a quiet mountain range, on forgotten training grounds,
two warriors stand, ready to compete in a pure test of ability.
No tricks or gimmicks,
just their brawns, brains, and faithful swords.

Bushi Brawler

...is a minimal 2d platform fighter, inspired primarily by Super Smash Land and FOOTSIES.

Made alone by someone who plays barely any fighting games, platform or not, for the

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Cart #fasobizutu-6 | 2024-02-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple single-draw solitaire game.

• You can navigate the board with the directional buttons, Z to select/move a card and X to deselect.
  • You can move cards to a stack by selecting anywhere on the stack.
  • You can move the card from the end of a stack to the 4 spaces at the top (if possible) by double selecting the stack.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Is there a way to, at runtime, trigger a reload of the game (changed code, possibly with #include s, and all) ?

Reason : I'm coding in an external editor and want to eliminate the edit-save-switch-run-switch loop by periodically, say within _update, trigger said reload+run.

Thanks

1 comment

Cart #rush-1 | 2024-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is my second game on pico-8 platform. It's simple and challenging at the same time.
Try and share your speed record 🚗 My is 640 km/h

Github

4 comments

Here’s a simple example:

a=0
while(a<4) a+=1 if(a!=3) ?a
print('lol')

Expected output:

lol

Actual output:

lol
lol
lol
lol
0 comments

CPU meter can also be switched using Ctrl + O. As per the PICO-8 manual, originally only Ctrl + P is required.
This specification seems strange to me.

Recently, it has become possible to implement an option to operate in combination with Ctrl.
For example, when developing tools, there are times when you want to use the Ctrl + O keys to open files (data).

1 comment

Cart #jumperjump-0 | 2024-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Some school project that needs some work on (Im very new to coding and pico-8!)

I still have yet to know how to add coins or enemies within the game

so please if you have any advice feel free to pitch in any ideas to help!

4 comments

Cart #joke_fighter-0 | 2024-02-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my game for global game jam 2024, from Rome, Italy
It's a Street Fighter style game turn based. Your opponent starts a joke, and you have to replay in the right way using the right movement combination.
Jokes are in italian just because they are inspired by Pera Toons a famous italian author for kids. The game is designed in coop with my 9 years old daughter Margherita who also creates the pixel art

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Album is a collection of music visualizers for the PICO-8 Free Music Jam. Just add your music, cover art, and a little bit of meta-data to make your own album.

Controls

Press ⬆️ to dismiss the credit for the tune.
Press ⬇️ to see the credit.
Press ⬅️ to listen to the previous tune.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

UPDATE 14 FEB: HOTFIX

UPDATE 13 FEB 2024: READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL FIRST!

I put a lot of work into it. Download it as a pdf or just expand the spoiler to read it on the BBS:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

20 comments

Cart #noending_by_packbats-1 | 2024-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Someone randomly mentioned Minecraft on the official unofficial Discord, and with the PICO-8 Free Music Jam starting tomorrow (plug!), that inspired this chill but slightly dissonant background loop. Approximately two and a quarter minutes long, uses 00, 01, and 02 for custom SFX instruments, total of 15 SFX and 16 patterns.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #keynum-0 | 2024-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

看看这里
点击❎停止随机
点击🅾️取消遮罩
点击⬆️⬇️切换上下两行

0 comments

Cart #sokobantestlabs-1 | 2024-02-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone, this is my first cart, as well as the first time I'm posting here.
Please enjoy the game; it's a work in progress and will definitely be very buggy.

Sokoban Test Labs (0.1.2)

Play classic sokoban with new mechanics and rules

--Work in progress--

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #hofeyakade-1 | 2024-02-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My First Try - This "Game" is a Test!

After some umming and ahhing I decided to give PICO 8 a try. I've played around with the likes of Unity before, but for all intents and purposes I'm a complete noob when it comes to both coding and game dev.

The Intention

My intention here was to get familiar with PICO 8 and Lua. I spent a few weeks looking at tutorials and making up as I went along. The general plan was to create a vertical slice of a top down shooter in a similar vein to the classic VIC-20 game

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #sejewiwiru-0 | 2024-01-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone! This is my first time putting a cart here. I made this for the pirate software gamejam 14.

So yeah, have fun!

7 comments

Cart #dapehofote-0 | 2024-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #tidikakuka-1 | 2024-02-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little demo I made using the sprites from Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel. Testing out working with larger sprites.

3 comments

Hi, new to PICO-8. I installed it on my Mac and it runs fine. But I downloaded some carts from Lexaloffle and when I copy the pathname to one and type "load PATHNAME" I receive the "Could not load" message. It doesn't matter which folder the cart is in and I've tried it with two carts that my friend got working. I checked that PICO-8 has read/write permissions. What could be going wrong?

Thanks

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->