BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #bezikifoyo-0 | 2023-09-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Hi all, I got inspired to work on a sequel to PICOhaven (tactical card-based RPG-lite) and am about 70% done-- enough that I'm confident I will actually finish and release it (maybe in a few months?)

I wrote music for the original PICOhaven, though I have no particular musical background-- I noodled around on a mini keyboard with minor chords and an arpeggiator to find some ideas I liked, then built a simple version of that in PICO-8, see the cart below.

For the sequel, one idea I had was finding someone who'd be interested in creating a 'remix' or adaptation-- creating their own take on one or both of the theme songs. I'm open-minded about where on the spectrum of "clear remix" to "loosely inspired by" a composition ends up, but I thought the PICOhaven 1 theme songs could provide a useful creative constraint / starting point.

If this sounds interesting, reach out and let's chat, either here in the comments, in DM on the discord, on mastodon, or so on. I'm also very open to critique+tips on the previous music!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #kuzafekuya-1 | 2023-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made the mini-game in about 2.5 hours, getting the idea from the insane activity of Japanese baseball freaks.
https://www.reuters.com/sports/baseball/tigers-fans-take-it-easy-after-pennant-win-japan-2023-09-15/

X/O(Keyboard: x/c): Move your boat.
Up/Left/Right: Rescue them!

3 comments

Cart #xdn_shooter_mini-1 | 2023-09-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Synopsis

XdN Shooter mini is a simple vertical shooter styled after Cherry Bomb, which itself is reminiscent of games like Space Invaders and Galaga. Enemies appear, you shoot them, you dodge their attacks, and you collect power-ups. Where this game stands out is with its upbeat music, dynamic sub-weapon and energy-field deflector system, faster-paced gameplay, and graphical improvements that include animated flames and star-field transitions between waves.

How to Play

Waves of enemies form in front of you. Destroy them to progress. Waves gradually become more difficult, with newer and different enemy types that each have their own attack pattern.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #breakoutv1-1 | 2023-09-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #posinijoju-0 | 2023-09-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Hello, I have a few things about coding. First how do I make a jump and/or map and animations? I am very new to coding and want to make a little game with some abilities.

8 comments

Cart #gerawagoma-0 | 2023-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

note: sprites by me and original Picozelda by thesebonesalone

4 comments

Cart #hueggvo-0 | 2023-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi, i am learning to developing in Pico8, but i feel very frustating because i cant do a "perfect collisions" in a platformer 2d game. When i check the player position, the player stop 1 px before to the wall and if i cotinue pressing the button, the player can move a pixel more until to touch the wall (this happen with y velocity too).

Could you help me?? I apreciate a lot if someone can check the code and fix it :D

1 comment

Cart #klunko_3djumpy-0 | 2023-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[64x8]

This is a topdown, psuedo-3D platformer I've been working on. There's no actual game to it yet other than getting a few coins. It's definitely a little janky and not optimized at all but I'm still quite proud of it.
I don't know if I'll ever get around to making the game part of the game so I thought I'd submit it in case anyone was interested.

Controls

Arrow keys to walk

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #bittienetworkwip1-0 | 2023-09-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

https://alethium.itch.io/megaman-bittienetwork/devlog/587937/megaman-bittie-network-devlog-pt1

feel free to read the full Devlog.

this project is a homage to megaman battlenetwork and a space for me to learn deeper memory tricks in Pico-8, plan for a future MMBN style action tactics battler project, and generally flex my artistic skills.

the battle field is arranged as an Array, and each tile is an object in that array filled with the current needed information. hit checks are done against that array for collisions. movement is done by altering the tile an entity is on. later the sprites for the enemies might lerp between tiles while megaman will always teleport, ill use fillp later to emulate the digitized teleport he does.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

I present you my first game ! I'm not developer at all, but i tried to learn slowly my first programming language. I hope you will like it, enjoy :)

Cart #skyingfly-0 | 2023-09-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #rabbit_journey-0 | 2023-09-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Started playing with snow simulation and created a small demo as a result.

1 comment

Cart #subsurface-2 | 2023-09-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Subsurface

A little Metroidvania featuring:

• 40 screens to explore
  • 6 upgrades to find
  • 6 or so enemies to fight
  • A single boss fight!

WARNING: Starting a new game will wipe your save without warning! I completely ran out of tokens before I could add a conformation message so be careful! (That said, it only takes about 10 minutes to beat the game from start to finish, so losing a save is probably not the end of the world.)

Information

This is my first attempt at making a Pico-8 game and I'm reasonably happy with it. I was definitely hoping to do a lot more and add a lot more polish but I completely ran out of token space. In the future, I'll probably plan things out a little better to make sure I can fit in everything I want. That, or maybe spread things across multiple cartridges.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

42 comments

Cart #pico1kshmup_1-0 | 2023-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About

My #Pico1k 2023 jam submission, a shoot 'em up written in 1024 compressed bytes. I wanted to capture some of the polish from Lazy Devs Academy's first shmup tutorial, but without having use of the sprite sheet and sfx.

Features

-Sprites created at runtime from ascii
-Some lerping mid-wave
-Invulnerability after getting hit
-Gradual difficulty increase
-Very rudimentary sound effects with what bytes I had left

Controls

Directional to move and O / Z to shoot

On the GAME OVER screen you need to reboot the cart (because I ran out of bytes!)

0 comments

Cart #picopelago-0 | 2023-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Create landscapes or sit back and watch them change over time

Picopelago is a terrain toy in 1024 bytes. It includes a screensaver mode which generates landscapes and a draw mode where you can shape them yourself

As time passes, erosion smooths out rugged terrain

As mountain peaks reach the sky, the landscape sinks into the sea

Controls

• (▲)/(▼)/( X ) to navigate main menu
  • Mouse or touchscreen required for draw mode
  • Enter and choose "Reset Cart" to return to main menu

About

Created for PICO-1k Jam 2023 (code is 1024 bytes after minification & compression)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #femohenuhi-0 | 2023-09-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Was just exploring capabilities PICO-8 and created this little game. Looking forward to build the next one :)

0 comments

I had been using poke(0x5f00, 128 ..etc) to set transparency and setting it to 128 works for spr,
Then I tried the same thing for tline and it wouldn't work unless I set it to 16 or had bit5 flipped.

This test code alternates between the 2 values, 16 works for both 128 only works for spr.

t,f = 0
memset(0x2000,1,0x1000)
function _draw()
 cls"12"

-- palette
 t+=1
 if t%20==0 then
  poke(0x5f00,f and 16 or 128)
  f = not f
 end

-- tline
 for i = 31,95 do
  tline(47,i,111,i,0,i/8)
 end

-- spr
 spr(0,16,60)

end

Is this intentional? A bug? What's the difference between those higher-bits? I was confused when I stumbled into this.

1 comment

Cart #dibukowawu-1 | 2023-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #dibukowawu-0 | 2023-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #klunko_factoryline-1 | 2024-08-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[48x8]

Important! I actually made this version ages ago, but I published it as a separate cartridge for some reason. Anyways, here's the new version.

An arcade-y game based on the Mario Bros. Game and Watch.
This is the second version of my first PICO 8 game. Hope you enjoy it!

How to Play

Move both workers to carry the products up the conveyor belts. Don't let them fall!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->