Cart #klunko_factoryline-0 | 2023-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[48x8]

An arcade-y game based on the Mario Bros. Game and Watch.
This is my first PICO 8 game (not counting tutorials and the like). Hope you enjoy it!

How to Play

Move both workers to carry the products up the conveyor belts. Don't let them fall!

On medium and hard difficulties you will also need to keep track of the winch and siren.
The winch will slowly drop. Too far, and it will break. Move the guy on the right up to the wheel on the top to raise it back up.
Steam will build up over time, as indicated by the siren. Once the siren turns red, the guy on the left must hit the button on the bottom to release it all. Too late, and it will explode!

Controls

This guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [X] and [O]

The other guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [Up] and [Down]

You don't need to press a button for them to do something, they'll do it if they're in the right spot.

These controls make more sense on keyboard than on controller. You can swap them in the main menu if needed.
You may also pause with [Left] or [Right].

Not implemented (yet?)

• The game increases in difficulty as you play
  • Highscores
  • The How to play option in the menu
  • A better lose screen
P#134128 2023-09-10 09:37 ( Edited 2023-09-10 09:58)

The original game and watch this one would be inspired by is called cement factory not just Mario Bros

P#134131 2023-09-10 13:21

Very good job. I can see a huge amount of love went into this. It's a little odd to control at first (brainf*ck) but after getting used to it it's a nice game. Also love the graphics and sounds as well as the animations in general. Well done.

P#134148 2023-09-10 20:14

@Tarik Thanks, that means a lot!

P#134156 2023-09-10 22:25 ( Edited 2023-09-10 22:25)

love this game! agree with above, gfx and animations are awesome, and very addicting

i'm playing on a console so i have to swap the controls, my one request is that this setting would persist in cartdata! otherwise i have to remember to switch it between each game

(and also +1 to what you already listed, increasing difficulty and high score!) also could imagine power-up type things, maybe like a special item that moves through extra quickly but rewards you somehow when you successfully pack it?

P#134313 2023-09-14 06:11

@eeooty Thanks! Saving the controls between sessions is a good point.
Also the idea of different item types is very interesting, I'll have to have a think about that.

P#134320 2023-09-14 08:34

[Please log in to post a comment]