Follow
klunkoplunko
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #klunko_picocross-1 | 2024-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a work-in-progress game of picross. Has someone else used the name picocross? Probably, but this is my one!
It currently only has one puzzle and the game ends once you beat it.

How to play

Use arrows to move the cursor.
Press (X) to place a tile and (O) to place a cross. You can use the crosses to show where tiles definitely are not.
Press (X) or (O) to remove a tile / cross.
Press (X) to highlight / un-highlight a number. You can do this to keep track of which numbers have been solved.

How to play picross

To discover the hidden picture, you need to determine where the tiles must be placed.
For each column and each row you are given a set of numbers. These numbers tell you how many consecutive tiles are in that row or column. Multiple numbers means multiple 'blocks' of consecutive tiles in the same order as the numbers, that are separate from each other.

For example (using a 10x10 puzzle):
If a row has the number 6, then that tells you there are 6 consecutive tiles somewhere in that row.
It could be:
|x x â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  x x|
... or:
|â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  x x x x|
... but not:
|x â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  x| ... as this has 8 tiles.
... and not:
|â–  â–  â–  x x â–  â–  â–  x x| ... as this would break up the 6 tiles.

If a row has the numbers 2 3, then that tells you there is a block of 2 and a block of 3 in that order.
It could be:
|x x â–  â–  x â–  â–  â–  x x|
... or:
|â–  â–  x x x x â–  â–  â–  x|
... but not:
|x x â–  â–  â–  â–  â–  x x x| ... as the 2 and the 3 are not separate.
... and not:
|x â–  â–  x x â–  x â–  â–  x| ... as the 3 is broken.
... and not:
|x â–  â–  â–  x x x â–  â–  x| ... as the 3 must come after the 2.

To do

• 'Easy' mode (gives a penalty when a tile is wrong, hints, etc.)
  • More puzzles w/ menu
  • Larger puzzles (I have plans to go up to 64x64, or even 128x128, ft. compression)
  • Graphical polish
P#140240 2024-01-17 00:33 ( Edited 2024-01-17 00:33)

Cart #klunko_trampoline-0 | 2023-10-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[8x8]

This is a score-based game where you must collect orbs while bouncing on a trampoline. The more orbs you get in a single jump, the higher combo you'll get. Can you get a combo of 4 or more?

If you're having trouble gaining height, remember that the middle of the trampoline is the bounciest, and to use your jump at the peak of the bounce to gain momentum.

Controls

Left and Right to move
Up to jump
Down to slam downwards

P#136419 2023-10-26 08:54 ( Edited 2023-10-26 08:54)

Cart #klunko_factoryline_2-1 | 2023-09-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[48x8]

An arcade-y game based on the Mario Bros. Game and Watch.
This is the second version of my first PICO 8 game. Hope you enjoy it!

How to Play

Move both workers to carry the products up the conveyor belts. Don't let them fall!
Alternatively, control one worker and have a friend control the other in a sort of co-op!

In later levels you will also need to keep track of the winch and siren.
The winch will slowly drop. Too far, and it will break. Move the guy on the right up to the wheel on the top to raise it back up.
Steam will build up over time, as indicated by the siren. Once the siren turns red, the guy on the left must hit the button on the bottom to release it all. Too late, and it will explode!

New things!

You can now save and view highscores! In addition:

Different products

[8x8]
Eventually you will encounter faster moving electronics. Try and keep up!

[8x8]
In later levels you will also need to deal with valuables. They move slow, but the game will be over if even just one falls.

Bonuses

[24x8]
The first bonus will appear between other products. It will fall quickly, but won't take a life. Collect it for points.
The second appears if you made a delivery without dropping anything. Collect it for extra points.
The third acts much like the first, but will return if delivered. Keep it going for a bunch of points!

Powerups

[32x8]
Deliver a powerup to gain its effects.
The wrench will give a life to both workers.
The pipe will open the pipe on the right, allowing you to see ahead.
The weight will raise the winch for you.
The flame will pause the fire valve for a moment.

Controls

This guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [X] and [O]

The other guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [Up] and [Down]

You don't need to press a button for them to do something, they'll do it if they're in the right spot.

These controls make more sense on keyboard than on controller. You can swap them in the main menu if needed.
You may also pause with [Left] or [Right].

Other things

The controls are now saved between sessions.
There also may or may not be a title screen secret.

I didn't get around to testing the powerups very much so they may be buggy. I also didn't get around to tweaking the difficulty, so feedback is appreciated. I can't guarantee I'll get around to it though

Also had to upload v2.1 because the score was set to 10000, whoops

Thank you to @eeooty for the idea for different item types!

P#134385 2023-09-15 08:47 ( Edited 2023-09-15 09:28)

Cart #klunko_3djumpy-0 | 2023-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[64x8]

This is a topdown, psuedo-3D platformer I've been working on. There's no actual game to it yet other than getting a few coins. It's definitely a little janky and not optimized at all but I'm still quite proud of it.
I don't know if I'll ever get around to making the game part of the game so I thought I'd submit it in case anyone was interested.

Controls

Arrow keys to walk
(X) to jump

P#134264 2023-09-13 09:43

Cart #klunko_factoryline-0 | 2023-09-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[48x8]

An arcade-y game based on the Mario Bros. Game and Watch.
This is my first PICO 8 game (not counting tutorials and the like). Hope you enjoy it!

How to Play

Move both workers to carry the products up the conveyor belts. Don't let them fall!

On medium and hard difficulties you will also need to keep track of the winch and siren.
The winch will slowly drop. Too far, and it will break. Move the guy on the right up to the wheel on the top to raise it back up.
Steam will build up over time, as indicated by the siren. Once the siren turns red, the guy on the left must hit the button on the bottom to release it all. Too late, and it will explode!

Controls

This guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [X] and [O]

The other guy:
[8x8]
Move up and down using [Up] and [Down]

You don't need to press a button for them to do something, they'll do it if they're in the right spot.

These controls make more sense on keyboard than on controller. You can swap them in the main menu if needed.
You may also pause with [Left] or [Right].

Not implemented (yet?)

• The game increases in difficulty as you play
  • Highscores
  • The How to play option in the menu
  • A better lose screen
P#134128 2023-09-10 09:37 ( Edited 2023-09-10 09:58)