BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #my_conway_life-0 | 2022-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I wanted to try my hand at coding Conway's Game of Life, and here it is! It is HORRIBLY optimized (turns out operating on 60x60 squares and copying an array every frame takes some computational power) and there's definitely a lot of room for improvement performance wise, but as a novice programmer I'm pretty happy with it.

Press (O) to pause/unpause the simulation. (You might need to hold the button to get it to unpause: again, this thing runs slow.) While paused, you can place/delete cells by moving the on-screen cursor with the arrow keys and pressing (X). The settings menu (Enter) has a couple of options:

• Randomize - randomize every cell on the screen

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #mumegenire-0 | 2022-04-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A small game where you have 3 different guns to defend yourself against zombies.

0 comments

Cart #japasifahe-0 | 2022-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Wow I actually modded a game
This is like baby mode. It could only get easier if... you.. were... invincible
hmmmmm
Trust me you want the chest

6 comments

Cart #firelight-3 | 2022-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

mod of celeste classic, a hardcore platformer by Matt Thorson and Noel Berry

unfinished

changes:
-increased difficulty
-changed layout of certain levels
-candy colored (and flavored, possibly)
thats it

lmfao i couldn't fit the full name on the title please bear with me

below is a version using Celeste 1.5 by RubyRed. it might not work, so keep that in mind!

Cart #firelighthyper-0 | 2022-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #dodger1-3 | 2023-05-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Changelogs

Version 1.2

• Fixed error with max integer in score.
    NOTE: Highscores obtained with previous versions will be reset.

Version 1.1

• Doubled number of hearts.
3 comments

Hello there!
For the past 2 years me together with @MatheusMortatti have been slowly working on a full featured PICO-8 emulator with full RAM emulation and so on. And we are happy to announce, that the project is now finally in a playable state!

You can grab it for free on steam or compile it from source!

Huge thanks to all the authors, who allowed to include their carts in the release collection, and I hope this work will be useful for the community!

The code is written in a way to be easily ported to new platforms, right now we have pinvoke and SDL2 backends, and thats enough to run inside of Unity and all current gen consoles, but it's really easy to add support for platforms like 3DS and so on!

20 comments

Cart #gnbv1-0 | 2022-04-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is the pico 8 version of Ghost'n Brother. You can play the 22 first levels from the original version on iOS. The levels have been slightly modified.
I created this version in order to familiarize myself with pico 8 and Lua programming. Pico 8 is a great tool to create all kinds of things quickly!

How to play?

You have 30 seconds to escape! The two little ghosts can help each other to escape.
Press (x) to switch ghosts. Ghosts can only stop on a wall or on another ghost!
Press arrows to slide.

Don't hesitate to tell me about any bugs.

2 comments

This is a cartridge for a forgotten video game, cheaply and poorly mass-produced by an untested game company. Manufactured by an unknown entity, the title of the cartridge is "The Trace Gallery". Apparently for the 8-chip P8-DTV80 gaming console, this mysterious cartridge was found alongside other known collectables such as Action Man figures and Transformers toys. The label on the cartridge simply reads "the_trace_gallery.p8", and the true identity of its original creators seems to be long forgotten. There is interest in this discovery from parties who also wish to uncover further information about it: all we know is that this cartridge contains kilobytes of encrypted data, which we have not yet been able to access for analysis or reverse-engineering. The cartridge is in good condition, and looks ready to be displayed with pride in any retro collection.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #mountain-0 | 2022-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

ABOUT

This is a pico-8 port of my original TIC-80 cart

Original TIC-80 ver : TIC-80

Tweet cart ver : [tweet]https://twitter.com/PImaginator/status/1513468656407105543?s=20&t=KJf1F84d_20LUkk2U8_1Cg[/tweet]

0 comments

Poop Collector

Cart #yenenayosu-0 | 2022-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The world is overflowing with POOP! You are summoned to help and collect it all!

This game has 32 levels, each one has a countdown of only few seconds to clear and collect all of the scat laying around. A simple platformer made with PICO8 where all you need to do is move left and right and jump from the start point to the exit door after everything is collected.

This game has 3 difficulties:

• Easy
    • Start with 5 lives
    • Each level has extra 4 seconds
    • When resetting a level you don't loose a life
  • Normal
    • Start with 5 lives
    • No change in base time for levels
    • When you reset the level you lose 1 life
  • Hard
    • Starts with 1 life
    • Reduces each level's timer that is over 5 seconds by 2 seconds (or by 1 second if the level starts at 6 seconds)

When you reset the level you lose 1 life
Have fun, this is my first project in PICO8 and in general probably my second or third game that can actually be played from start to finish.

Thanks for playing!

Feedback is welcome!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #fayewewume-0 | 2022-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

RUN!

Ascend the infinite tower. Steal as many coins as you can. Avoid their eyeballs. Don't get caught.

A tiny stealth-action game made for the Black and White Jam 2022.

FEATURES!

• Dynamic lighting!
  • Intelligent enemy guard ai!
  • Procedurally generated levels!
  • Play with Keyboard or with Gamepad!
  • Eyeballs!
  • Lasers!

CONTROLS!

Move - Arrow Keys
Run - Z
Throw - X

CREDITS!

Design/Coding - TM (ohcurtains)

Sound/Music - Michael Bibby (SadMonsterParty)

5 comments

Cart #olympus-9 | 2022-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Because of a serious bug, and for speedrunning reasons, below is an earlier version of the game that had hyper dashing, allowing for some crazy speedruns.

Cart #olympus-7 | 2022-04-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This isn't a celeste mod! (even if it would have been easier to make a celeste mod...)
I programmed and made everything my self, which explains why this is pretty much an inferior version of celeste.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

25 comments

Cart #gowayukeba-0 | 2022-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my school project "Fruit Man: The Man in Search of Fruit"

Controls:
Left Arrow - run left
Right Arrow - run right
Up Arrow - jump
Down Arrow - drop through platform
x - open doors
left arrow + right arrow + x - return to menu

Collect all of the fruits in the level in order to continue through the door at the end of each level.

4 comments

Cart #farlandv2-0 | 2022-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Farland v2 as the name implies is a sequel to my first ever mod Farland. This mod is primarily a map mod like the original although there's some new mechanics, music (thanks RubyRed), etc. If you haven't played the original Celeste classic before playing this than I highly recommend it as some of the later levels may prove to be very challenging without previous experience.

Controls:
Arrow keys - Movement
Z/C - Jump
X - Dash

Huge thanks again to RubyRed for making the entire OST of the mod, and i want to give thanks to Maddy thorson and Noel berry for the original

[ Continue Reading.. ]

45 comments

PICO-8 0.2.4c is now up on lexaloffle, Humble, itch.io, and for PocketCHIP.

This is mostly a bug-fixing update; you can see the main 0.2.4 change notes in the 0.2.4 thread.

URL Cartridges

With the release of PICO-8 Education Edition, it is now possible to encode cartridges into a 2040-character URL that runs it in a web version of PICO-8's editing tools. Only the code and graphics sections are stored.

> SAVE @URL
COPIED URL TO CLIPBOARD
265 / 2040 CHARS

Tiny Cartridges

When exporting cartridges to .p8.rom format (the raw 32k block of data that is encoded inside .p8.png argb data), 0.2.4c allows only the code section to be stored using the -t (for tiny) switch:

> EXPORT -T TINY.P8.ROM
WRITING 154 BYTES (CODE ONLY)

You should get a file that is exactly as large as the compressed code size reported by INFO. When using LOAD, that file will be loaded into the code section, and the other sections reset to their default states.

There isn't much practical use for tiny .P8.ROM files, but I think it is nice to be able to store a tiny program in its true tiny form on disk.

On the subject of tiny cartridges, for those making

[ Continue Reading.. ]

18 comments

Cart #loop-4 | 2022-04-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made for Black & White #8 game jam.
https://kreyk29.itch.io/loop - Page on itch.io!

v4

What's new:

• Now you can't proceed to level 33 (which doesn't exist) after beating the 32nd one. Thanks to @kirbofan !

Special Thanks to:

• Mafk, Veemonic (logo design help);
  • merwok (level picking cursor help);
  • Mrblackcat (ok);
  • Gabi King (help with music).

Controls:

• Left/Right/Up/Down: Move;
  • X: Rotate pipe/Confirm;
  • Z (O): Go back.

How to play:

• Rotate pipes until they are all connected.
  • Pipes have different types, each type should be connected with the pipes of the same type.

Features:

• 32 levels to play with 3 types of pipes;

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #gakebidofa-0 | 2022-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this... with my hands. oh no.
well, at least I have hands.

anyways, enjoy this visual. You can look at my code if you want. There are comments aplenty

3 comments

Cart #wudnonufu-1 | 2022-04-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

My new sokoban game! involves time travel, has 13 puzzles. I hope you enjoy!

0 comments

Cart #nemonemo2-1 | 2022-09-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My 1st game's next version.
I prepared 50 puzzles that you can solve more interstingly.
UX has also been improved to make it easier to play.
Enjoy please~

The music was composed by Gruber Music.
(Pico-8 Tunes Volume 1)

CRT Version
https://seimon.github.io/nemo2/

11 comments

On a particular Linux system I was recently using wget was not installed by default. Splores in game message was "could not connect to bbs" which led me down a rabbit hole of network checks until I noticed the wget missing error in the terminal. I was running via a pico8.desktop entry without the terminal originally.

Could curl be used as a fallback? Running "curl -L -O" can usually be used as a fallback in many cases. Better yet just use libcurl in the compiled binary and then you don't need wget or any external tools.

Thanks!

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->