BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #nothalflife-0 | 2022-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everybody!
There is a game that is near and dear to me, and i always wanted to demake it. But because I´m scared of lawyers and publishers, i never did. I made a completly new game, and any resemblance is merely a coincidence.
I hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

Controls:
X to shoot
O to interact
O+Arrow to change weapon

You are Gordan Teeman, an experimenter in sector D of the Black Laser Research Facility in New England.
Today is a big day, you are taking part in a monumental experiment. Let´s hope everything goes according to plan.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #fnf_release-1 | 2022-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I've finally decided to post an updated version of this outside the Pico Night Punkin' thread, since I figured out how to do "transparency" effects, and it kind of got buried by the insane amounts of comments the PNP thread got. (25 pages!?)

Anyway, it's a demake of the song Release from the Garcello mod for Friday Night Funkin'!

Fancy features:

• Toggle for Ghost Tapping and Botplay in the pause menu, in addition to downscroll.
  • PCM audio for Garcello's voice in one part. You know the one.
  • Transparency effects for the smoke.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #pico8_wordle-0 | 2022-03-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This game was created as a challenge by my beautiful wife. Thank you for the inspiration.

I am self-taught and code as a hobby. I created this entire project from my own code as a learning experience. I know that this code is not optimized but that may be something I update in a future edit.

This game was also designed for use with the pico-8 controller and not a full keyboard. I wanted to make a version of wordle that works on something like a Retroflag GPi Case a handheld close to the original Game Boy.

Also, please let me know if there is any interest in me adding music to the project!

Thank you for playing.

1 comment

Cart #space_evaders_rfc-1 | 2022-03-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

I noticed some nits about the way tokens are computed:

• A few assignment operators ( ..= ^= >><= >><= ) seem to cost 2 tokens instead of 1 (all other assignment operators cost 1)

• There seems to be logic that checks the token before '-' to determine if the '-' is a unary operator or not, but it doesn't seem to check newer operators (like &, |, etc.) and thus -1 is considered 2 tokens in things like "a & -1". (Even though it's 1 token in "a + -1")
1 comment

Cart #roseduel-1 | 2022-03-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Some weird thing i threw together
A few more days of work and it could have been a real piece of art, but frankly, i'm done with this sh*t. I'm just gonna go play minecraft instead.

Update: Honestly i just made this for myself but then i was like "eh, might as well upload it" and now since it's here it might as well be playable, so i added save data and joystick support. thanks for telling me about the save data function btw, i didn't even know that was a thing before

8 comments

Cart #ml06balloondanmaku0-1 | 2022-03-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made this for an english project.
That's about it.

Controls

• ↑ ↓ → ←: Move (duh)
  • X: Use Air (not a bomb)
  • O: Pause

Version 1.1:

• Sky no longer cycles to black
  • Slow mode is removed and replaced with pause
  • Laser pattern now is slower and more manageable
  • Every 1000 points earned gives an extra life
5 comments

by Noh
Cart #pipe-1 | 2022-03-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Disclaimer: This is not flappy bird its not similar in the slightest

Featuring:
-Intense pipe bouncing
-CPU controlled bird.
-Collectable coins to increase pipe space
-Secret unlockable at level 10 :o

This is just a fun little project made in a weekend, but I hope you like it!

Originally made for Trijam 162, but I've made big changes to it after the Jam.

3 comments

Cart #parbage-0 | 2022-03-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I game by me and softsound for low effort jam 20.

Sort garbage while shift is not over and don't make the boss too angry!

Stuff things in the recycle, compost bin or oven. Bribe the boss with shiny thingies or store it in your bag. Survive your shift to win.

*3 possible endings*

Source code

3 comments

Cart #zebijinota-0 | 2022-03-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I was updating a cart I was working on to use stat 46-56 instead of 16-26 and noticed that new bugs were introduced in the change. It looks like stat(16) updates immediately when a music() command is called, but stat(46) will sometimes show an erroneous value (e.g. -1) on the frame of the update.

7 comments

Geometry Dash Remake

I've decided to remake Geometry Dash on pico-8.

To-do List

• Physics and Graphics ☑
  • Music Speed ☑
  • Rolling Skin ☑
  • Map ☑
  • Launcher ☑
  • Spikes ☑
  • Skin ☑
  • Colors ☑
  • Background ☑
  • Plane Mode ☑
  • Pause Menu ☐
  • Orb Test ☐
  • Real Audio Mixing ☐
  • Effects ☐
  • Color Picker ☐

Versions

0.6 - Mouse Available

Geometry Dash

Cart #gd_launcher_test-4 | 2022-05-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Refrences

Picodash!
Endless Runner 0.1

[ Continue Reading.. ]

19 comments

Cart #breakout094_wins-4 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

i have other things please look at them

this is a breakout clone i made.

hope you enjoy

3 comments

id=stat(31) identifies keypress_q as id="q" and keypress_a as id="a". Btn(5,1) identifies itself as keypress_q and keypress_a. How do I separate keypress_q to work via id=stat(31)="q" and btn(5,1) to work 'only' with keypress_a?

id=stat(31)
if btn(5,1) and id~="q" then... --input for keypress_a
if id=="q" then... --input for keypress_q

That 'would' work...but the problem is stat(31) works like btnp() when I need it to work like btn()...but the poke methods of making btnp() work like btn() don't seem to apply to stat(31)! So I'm presently stuck in a situation where I can be pressing keypress_q and yet id~="q"! The obvious way around this is to just use id=="a" for keypress_a; id=="q" for keypress_q....but again, they work like btnp, so this doesn't work if I want to use keypress_a for standard smooth wasd player movement.

The intent is to basically utilize the existing buttons of player 0 and player 1....and add the functionality of stat(31) to get even more keys. I don't necessarily need the other keys to have the same functionality as btn(), they can just be 'single tap' style keys...I'll use them as like rpg skills that go on cooldown right when they are used. Player movement via wasd though needs the functionality of btn(). But again, the problem is the overlap....specifically with those btn(4/5) keys since they have more than 1 natural input (seen below), when I want to choose just 1 natural input and use stat(31) to utilize the other.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Cart #starraiders-1 | 2022-05-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a demake of the classic Atari 400/800 game Star Raiders. It is intended to be as faithful as possible while making some improvements.

You are the pilot of Star Cruiser 7, protector of the galaxy. A fleet of enemy Zylon fighters has intruded the galaxy, bent on destroying all of the peaceful space stations you are entrusted to protect. Your goal is to hunt down squadrons of enemy fighters and destroy them.

Both the keyboard and the gamepad are used to control Star Cruiser 7.

O (z): Select difficulty mode on the title screen. Default is "novice," followed by "pilot," "warrior," and "commander."

X: Start game, and fire photon torpedos.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #tetrispicov1-0 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

hi!
here is my last game
a classic tetris made with gamecodeur.fr courses !

hope you ll enjoy

pouranat

0 comments

Cart #sustainability_ranker_5000-1 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Sustainability Ranker 5000

A school project done nerdy

This little globe simulation was a project for school. It shows all the cities ranked in the top 50 of the "Sustainable City Index" in 2015. It also will inform you of each city's rankings in the three sub-categories: People, Planet, and Profit

Also, my first upload! Working on some other great stuff so stay tuned

1 comment

Cart #maze_descent-1 | 2022-03-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Half complete game of a randomly generated maze in the dark. Was far too ambitious for my second project, had lots of ideas that did not make it in as it was getting harder and harder to build on top of code that was written as I was learning pico 8 stuff.

1 comment

Cart #oskarvandeventer-0 | 2022-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I ported Oskar van Deventer's 4-Bit Maze into pico-8.

This maze isn't based on a grid or map in the traditional sense.

Example of a maze layout:

See here for a better explanation

This is typically implemented with sliders or lights and buttons.

My implementation is a small dungeon crawler where your goal is to reach the exit. At any point you should be 8 moves or less from the finish.

Arrow keys to move.
O - reset maze
X - generate a new maze

1 comment

Cart #aaronsquest-1 | 2022-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Aaron's Quest

A game for my nephew's 10th Birthday

Solve the puzzles. Find the hidden treasure. I created this game as a gift for my nephew, I thought it would be a fun way to provide him with a special birthday gift. It was a ton of fun to make and I hope you enjoy it. It was actually done last year, but I never got around to putting it up on BBs.

Based off the adventure tutorial by @MBoffin.

Special thanks to @Gruber for bringing the game to life with amazing tunes.

Disclosure: The actual treasure has already been claimed :).

10 comments

Cart #froggydash8-2 | 2022-03-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About

Froggydash-8 is a fast paced 2-Button Auto-Runner. You jump and dash through 3 carefully designed levels! Try to be as fast as possible and let me know your best time!
This is my first game for the PICO-8, I hope you have fun playing it!

My itch.io site: catervus.itch.io

Controls

Z/C to JUMP
X/V to DASH
Enter/P to OPEN THE MENU

Tips

In the menu you can:

• toggle the speedrun timer

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->