BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Solver for day 11 of AdventOfCode 2020

https://adventofcode.com/2020/day/11

Cart #adventofcode_d11_2020-0 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

While trying to make a "class" (metatable + constructor function) for big integers I stumbled upon a weird error. It went off a couple of times before, but I decided to finish debugging the "class" before I report it in case it went away. It's not a memory error or a stack overflow, because they get reported properly. I don't use any actual coroutines, nor you will find "yield" anywhere in my code. The code itself is a bit computation and memory heavy, there's probably a better approach to this, but none of it justifies such an error. Another thing I noticed is that it breaks on seemingly random lines, and almost any change to the code makes it change the line it reports as the source of the error. It even breaks in a different spot on the web than on my computer! (look at the line shown on the thumbnail vs what actually happens when you press and hold X)

The showcase is a simple program showing more and more powers of 15 as you press X. An interesting fact is that it breaks on different values depending on wether you press-and-hold X or repeatedly press X. It's all very confusing.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #cybercrush-0 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

CYBERCRUSH

In Cybercrush, you are a netrunner hacking into a corporate mainframe to steal confidential files…
In typical cyberpunk fashion, this mainframe is abstracted as an old-school low-res icon-based grid of swappable binary numbers (which you are naturally accessing through a glitchy old cyberdeck ;-)

The rules are simple: you steal files by matching identical binary icons (there are four: 00, 01, 10 and 11) in multiples of 4 (so 4, 8, 12 etc.) Doing so is called a hack: the files are downloaded, then erased from the corporate database. The higher the number of tiles in the group, the more advanced the hack and the more files are transfered. In summary: the first four binary icons are worth one file each, the next four (i.e. 5 to 8) are worth two files each, the next four (9 to 12) are worth four files each and so on and so forth. For example, matching 12 icons increases your tally by 4 x (1+2+4) = 28 files, 16 icons by 4 x (1+2+4+8) = 60 files!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #pgleste-1 | 2020-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A mod that procedurally generates levels for CELESTE Classic. :)

Just a little project to see how well it could work, so each room uses the same procedure and doesn't have too much progression- was pleasantly surprised by some of the levels though!

Left/Right to set the seed at the title screen.

Below's a near-endless version of the above (32768 rooms) with perma-death and a run re-cap at the title screen.

Cart #endleste-0 | 2020-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

30 comments

Cart #aquarium-0 | 2020-12-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Just enjoy the fish chilling out in this aquarium !

Ps: You can add a fish with the X button :)

1 comment

Cart #speed_of_light-1 | 2020-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #bitdefender_alpha1-0 | 2020-12-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Bit Defender: The Game puts you at the controls of your PC's very own antivirus software. Your ship, The Bit Defender, patrols your computer's system data, blasting away any viruses, malware, or other nefarious computer invaders that it detects. But be careful, if the Bit Defender comes into direct contact with too many of these malicious files, it could spell disaster for your computer system!

I've always been a big fan of old arcade shooters, Galaga, Space Invaders, Xevious, etc. I decided that my first game would be in the same vein. Hopefully the bit defender company won't get too mad that I used them as my inspiration lol. I've been coding it for about a week or two now, but this is my first official alpha release. The game is playable, albeit simplified for now. I have a working title screen, working gameplay, sound effects, enemies, and scorekeeping. Much more will be added as I continue to better my LUA skills. Stay tuned for updates!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

I have an itch.io page

You'll be able to find my game Mellow Meadow Deluxe, as well as an asset pack of some Miscellaneous Super Gameboy sprites.

Link: https://niall-chandler.itch.io/

0 comments

@zep it looks like if you do a cstore from a cart in splore or an exported binary, what it saves to the .lexaloffle/pico-8/cstore folder is only those regions of cart ROM that were cstored, and then next time you launch it from splore (or next time you run the exported binary), only those regions of the ROM are copied to base RAM; everything else is blank

I'm guessing the cstore file is intended be overlayed on top of the original ROM contents when copying from cart ROM to cart RAM (and that's why it only saves the changed parts?), but it looks like there was a mistake in implementation and the cstore file contents actually are the only thing copied to base RAM?

I can't reproduce the behavior when using a p8 or p8.png file; this happens only with splore or from an exported binary

To reproduce:

1. load a cart from the splore or launch a binary export of a cart that contains data and calls cstore specifying a partial section of cart memory, e.g. cstore(0, 0, 0x2000) (which is what my jigsaw puzzle cart does but I'm about to change it to write the entire ROM as a workaround ;p)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #bisohayada-1 | 2021-01-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A remake from a Sirius's game in 1982 by Rodney Mc Auly. Was On Atari, AppleII and Commodore 64 computer.
A great mix of Galaxian and a bit of Moon Patrol on wavy ocean.
Enjoy!

3 comments

Cart #picodino-1 | 2020-12-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pico Dino

A reimagination of Google Chrome's offline game in Pico-8!
Features an expanded moveset and reimagined graphics!
It's based off this animation I made some time ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PixelArt/comments/g931lk/game_boy_style_animation_of_google_chromes_offine/

Controls:

Jump - Up Arrow / C
Crouch - Down arrow / X

Made with ♥ by Yolwoocle

Available on itch.io too: https://yolwoocle.itch.io/pico-dino

42 comments

Cart #think_about_it-0 | 2020-12-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is not a game. This is an environment to think about something. Maybe you want to think about a project, or something personal. Maybe you want to think about life. Think about it helps you thinking about it.

1 comment

Cart #hellhound-0 | 2020-12-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hellhound is a reverse-horror game where the goal is to burn as many humans as possible in hell before emptying the hunger gauge.

Gamepad

• Move up the left stick to start or retry
  • Use the left stick to run
  • X button to shoot fireballs
  • A button to jump

Keyboard

• Up arrow key to start or retry
  • Left/right arrow keys to run
  • X key to shoot fireballs
  • C key to jump

https://dotmobo.itch.io/hellhound

0 comments

Cart #datujewoyi-0 | 2020-12-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A Dungeons and Dragons stat calculator, using the 4d6 drop the lowest method

Simply click the X key and a list of stats, their total, and their stat modifiers will be generated. Made with assistance from the PCIO-8 Discord due to my poor coding skills.

1 comment

~ ~ ~
The classic holiday pastime of jigsaw puzzles, now in the cozy confines of your PICO-8 fantasy console!
~ ~ ~

Like all "Pro" versions of Jigsaw Puzzle Pack sold by KITTENM4STERSOFT, this version allows any PNG image (up to 128x128 px) to be transformed into a custom puzzle via convenient drag-and-drop!

Features

• 4 Pixel Art Puzzles (+1 custom) In 1 Cartridge!
  • Drag-and-drop Custom Puzzles!
  • Auto-Save!
  • Devkit Mouse support!
  • Traditional Background Music!
  • RandoCut technology for random cuts every time!

Controls

D-Pad: move cursor
[O]: Pick up/drop
[X]: (Hold) move faster

When Mouse Is Enabled (in pause menu)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Hi everyone!

I am making a little game where you scare off crows to protect your vegetable garden:

I am trying to make the crows pick a vegetable to target when they spawn. I have a function that will make them chase down a point by entering its X and Y value. My problem is that I don't know how to extract the vegetables' X and Y values because of how I've set things up.

Every vegetable is decided at random at the game's outset, and stored inside another table, like so:

[note: dif is an integer, adding more vegetables at higher difficulties]

function setup()
 for i=1,dif do 
  add(vegetables, {
   x=originx+(rnd(40)+10)*cos(rnd(360)/360),
   y=originy+(rnd(40)+10)*sin(rnd(360)/360),
   w=6,
   h=6,
   [more variables and stuff you don't need to care about...]
  })
 end
end

My question is, how would I go about accessing the X and Y values for these? I have been trying something like this...

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #runner-4 | 2020-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

This game was our contribution to the Trijam #98.

See https://itch.io/jam/trijam-98/rate/844198

Cart #for_you_dear_neighbour-4 | 2020-12-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #scarf-0 | 2020-12-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Why if i put a:
PSET(...)
command alone the program will run.
but if i put a :
SFX(0)
command alone i wont hear a thing ? (i have made the '0' sfx in sfx editor)

10 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->