Follow
eduszesz
Random Dungeon 1.1
by eduszesz
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #eduszeszgames-1 | 2022-10-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a cart that lists the games I have made so far. I put this together to learn the basics of multicart in pico-8

P#117816 2022-10-02 15:38

Cart #ssbulletbarrage-4 | 2024-02-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Simple Shooter

Bullet barrage!

In this short basic shmup (Shoot 'em ups) you will face numerous waves of alien invaders trying to destroy our galaxy. Make them feel the taste of your space bullets and cover them with a barrage of bullets

Game Play

You must shoot down all the aliens. Also, try to collect bonus coins to get special shoots, extra lives, and shields throughout your journey of liberating the galaxy. These power-ups will be very helpful in your task of repealing alien attacks.

Controls

• Cursor movement: arrow keys

• Fire: Z
  • Use special shoots: X

Controllers are also supported.

Development

I made this game based in part on the Basic Shmup Tutorial using Pico-8 for the Basic Shmup Showcase Game Jam

The game has 8 procedurally generated levels filled with six types of enemies with different movements and attacks, and the final boss fight.

Update v1.1

Based on the feedback received during the jam period, some modifications were made:

• Overheating mechanic was deleted

• Pickups are saved during wave transitions

• Shields now have an indicator like the special shoots

• The artwork of the first enemy was modified to make clear that it is an enemy and not a pickup

• Behavior of the green orbiting enemy and the boss was modified to prevent warping during the attack phase

• Music was added.

Update v1.2

• New shield graphics
  • Shield killing bonus. In the previous version was possible to kill an enemy using the shield by pushing the enemy off-screen in the x direction, but the player did not receive feedback in this action. Now bonus points are given when such a kill is performed.
  • Little tweaking in the warp animation between stages.
  • Now is possible for the player to move the ship in the title screen.

Update v1.3

• Now autofire can be enabled using the main menu

Special thanks to:

Krystman for the Basic Shmup Tutorial I used a number of concepts and functions from this tutorial and learned a lot. Thanks for showing us the way of the shmup juiciness!

Gruber for Pico-8 Tunes Vol. 2. I use the songs "Into the Belt", "Flight of Icarus", and "Dimensional Gate" for this project.

My dear friend Fabio Coltro for helping me with the drawing and animation of the boss. I think that working together we got a great boss for this game.

I'd like to thank also TheGacko, Aktane, and the other guys at LazyDevs Discord for playtesting and for the feedback.

Have fun!

P#117155 2022-09-10 19:15 ( Edited 2024-02-27 17:41)

Cart #letris-0 | 2022-05-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Letris!

A Tetrislike game.

Letris is my implementation of Tetris using Pico-8.

I tried to do it based on what I remember as a child playing those cheap Chinese Brick Games that had multiple versions of Tetris clones. (Sadly, no Game Boys were easily available in my country when I was young).

I hope you guys have fun with this game as I had when I worked on it.

Controls

Z and X: Rotate the price

Down key: Drop the price fast

Left and Right keys: Left and right movement

The pause menu could be used to toggle the music and to add the up key to rotate the pieces along with Z and X buttons.

Special thanks to:
RobbyDuguay for Nine Songs in Pico-8 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=11038). I use the song "Hijinx" for this project.

Krystman for Porklike - Video Tutorial - Making a Roguelike in Pico-8 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=33121) I used some functions from this tutorial and learned a lot

Have fun!

Please, leave a comment below with your high scores.

P#112447 2022-05-29 16:20

Cart #bugdefense-7 | 2022-02-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Bug Defense!

In this tower defense game, you have to ensure that bugs do not destroy your computer. Victory is achieved by fixing bugs.

Game Play

Bugs will move through the conductive tracks in your mainboard. Place your towers along the way to destroy the bugs before they get to the exit. All bugs can cause malfunction to your towers.

Controls

• Cursor movement: arrow keys

• Select and create towers: Z

• Cancel: X

If you had selected one type of tower and need to change to another type, press X to cancel the selection and Z to select the new tower.

Development

I made this game for the Game Off Game Jam: 2021. The theme was BUG

The game has 8 handcrafted levels, five types of enemies, and six types of towers to use to defend your place in the computing world. Initially, I was planning for 16 levels, but I had to cut them in half or I would not finish the game in time. It was my first experience with the tower defense genre. Definitely, it needs more polishing and balancing.

Meet your enemies:

[8x8]
Beetle: the first contender to show up. Not special, but can cause some damage to your computing tasks.

[8x8]
Slug: The slowest bug you will face. It is more toxic than any other bug in the menu.

[8x8]
Centipede: Its multiple legs will disable any booby traps you plant along the way.

[8x8]
Scorpion: It is like a war tank and will try to destroy any terminals it can find.

[8x8]
Flies: They fly fast, nothing can slow them down.

What you have in your arsenal:

[8x8]
Spinning gun: spits bullets when bugs came close. The cheapest one to get.

[8x8]
Booby trap: When triggered, this lethal explosive takes down almost any bug.

[8x8]
Laser: Multi aiming high energy gun. It fries bugs like no one can do.

[8x8]
Sticky trap: Slow down enemies. Flies are not affected.

[8x8]
Auto turret: Do not waste bullets! This high-tech gun fires directly through the enemies.

[8x8]
Terminals: They fix bugs for you and give you the ability to buy your defense equipment.

Special thanks to:
RobbyDuguay for Nine Songs in Pico-8 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=11038). I use the song "Empire" for this project.

Krystman for Porklike - Video Tutorial - Making a Roguelike in Pico-8 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=33121) I used some functions from this tutorial and learned a lot

Have fun!

Update

• Correction of the interaction between the enemies and towers.
  • Bug fixing in level 7: Enemies were not following the correct path.
  • Correction in the Terminals respawn after game over and game reset.
  • Added sfx when button X is pressed
  • Cursor blinking to help to see it on the screen
  • Selected tower sprite is shown as a preview with the cursor
  • Fixing the "bug fixed" message appearing partially off-screen when terminals are positioned close to the edges.

P#101368 2021-12-03 20:10 ( Edited 2022-02-15 00:16)

Cart #picoharvest-2 | 2021-09-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Pico Harvest!

In this little farming game, you play as a happy farmer in his red tractor. Your crops are ready to be harvest in a maze full of ravens and moles.

Game Play

Scare off the birds using the horn in your tractor. Drive carefully to avoid the holes made by the moles.

Do your harvest before the night falls

Controls

Keyboard:

• Movement: arrow keys

• Action (horn): Z or X

Controler:

• Movement: Dpad/analog stick

• Action (horn): 🅾️ or ❎

Development

I made this game for The Great Autumn Game Jam: 2021

The game uses procedural generation to create the level. The maze is created first and templates are used to populate the level with assets.

This is my first game jam. It was really fun to work in Pico-8 with the theme of autumn and harvest season.

Special thanks to:

AndyGFX for share the procedural generation functions (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3985)

Have fun!

P#97598 2021-09-21 01:14 ( Edited 2021-09-21 15:51)

Cart #rndesc_1-0 | 2020-07-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is Random Escape!

You were wrongfully accused and were taken to prison. Shoot your way out to escape! This is the only way!

One of the guards has the key to activate the elevator to the next floor.

The guards will try to stop you at all cost

Meet your enemies:

private
[8x8]

shotgun sergeant
[8x8]

grenadier
[8x8]

bazooka officer
[8x8]

key keeper
[8x8]

What dangers are waiting for you when you finally reach the surface of this underground prison? You must be prepared!

Search all boxes for ammunition
[8x8]
and health packs
[8x8]
A new gun can be found on each level:
rifle
[8x8]

shotgun
[8x8]

grenade
[8x8]

bazooka
[8x8]

Be aware of the traps along the way!

The game uses procedural generation to create the levels. Every time you play you will find yourself in a different prison, although the deal would be the same: escape from this random prison to survive!

Controls:
Z/ 🅾️ = open boxes or change guns
X/❎ = punch enemies or fire the guns
arrows / d-pad = movement

Special thanks to:

AndyGFX for share the procedural generation functions (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3985)
RobbyDuguay for Nine Songs in Pico-8 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=11038)
Krystman for Porklike - Video Tutorial - Making a Roguelike in Pico-8 (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=33121) I used several functions from this tutorial and learned a lot

Have fun!

P#79630 2020-07-21 00:38 ( Edited 2022-03-27 23:46)

Cart #simpleshootervol2_1_2-0 | 2019-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #simpleshootervol2_1_1-0 | 2018-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #simpleshootervol2-0 | 2018-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello!

This is Simple Shooter Vol2! It is a revised and improved version of my first game: Simple Shooter (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=31761)

It was added a co-op mode as well as two difficulty levels.
Three types of power-ups were also added:

• double fire
  • shields
  • nuclear strike

The boss stage now have the song Boss from Pico-8 Tunes Volume 1 by Gruber (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=29008)

Controls:
z = shoot
x + key arrows = warp to dodge enemies and bullets
x = call a nuclear strike when available
key arrows = movement

Version 1.2
Title screen bug fixing

Version 1.1
More enemies movement patterns were added.

Enjoy!

P#60106 2018-12-19 16:35 ( Edited 2019-01-03 19:47)

Cart #randomdungeon1_1-0 | 2018-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #59228 | 2018-11-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello!
This is Random Dungeon! It is a platformer game with a randomly generated map.
You are trapped inside this dangerous dungeon filled with arrow traps, spikes, and bloodthirst bats. You have to find the key to open the gate and reach the safety of the outside world!
Controls:
z = jump
x = punch and open trunks
z+x and arrow keys = offset the camera view to sneak peek the next room.

Version 1.1 notes:

• bug fix related with the lightning.
  • improvement on the camera offset to sneak peek the next room.

Special thanks to:

Enjoy!

P#59230 2018-11-20 17:51 ( Edited 2018-12-19 19:24)

Cart #simpleshooter1_3-0 | 2019-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #57058 | 2018-09-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi guys!

Here is Simple Shooter 1.2. The shooting was fixed and the firepower restricted to avoid gun overheat.

Special thanks to dw817 for the interesting insights.

Enjoy!

Cart #56348 | 2018-09-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi guys!

Here is Simple Shooter 1.1. It is basically a bug fixing in stage transition and a little improvement on ship's speed.

Enjoy!

Cart #55838 | 2018-08-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi guys!

This is Simple Shooter, my first game! It is based on ztiromoriz's amazing tutorial (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?uid=11837).

The game comprehends 4 stages plus a final boss.

Controls:
z = shoot
x+d pad = warp to dodgle enemies and bullets

Enjoy!

P#55839 2018-08-28 21:14 ( Edited 2019-01-02 23:33)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 05:16:03 | 0.101s | Q:54