BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Ice reflection demo

Hi this is a simple cart that has a ice reflection effect in 2 functions!
I was going to use this for little ice reflection tiles maybe but I figured I could share it too.
Feel free to use this! :p

Cart #icereflectiondemo-1 | 2020-09-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #islander-4 | 2020-09-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

ISLANDER

ISLANDER is an idle crafting game inspired by games such as Forager and Minecraft. Use your pickaxe to mine any and all materials you can find, and craft your way off the islands.

[9/12/2020 UPDATE]
Added New Game+! Once you Escape the Island, press Return to Game to continue playing with new recipies and goals!

How To Play

Arrow Keys - Move/Menu Select
Z/C/🅾️ - Hit/Select
X/❎ - Menu/Back
TAB - Save game to clipboard

Credits

[ Continue Reading.. ]

70 comments

Every Extend Extra

Cart #tyubokedu-3 | 2020-09-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

UPDATE 3RD SEPTEMBER 2020 16:28 PM:

• Fixed various typos
  • Made bullets bigger and flashy, but same small hitbox (middle circle)
  • You now need a higher chain for an extend based on quicken count
  • There is now a bar on the left which is based on time. The higher your time, the more points you get per chain, but take more damage + lose more time based on how high it is

Every Extend Extra is an arcade game about detonating your ship, causing colourful chain reactions in the enemies, granting you points.

This game is my attempt at demaking it, as it's one of my favourite PSP games of all time and I thought it could do with some well deserved love.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

Cart #msd1_0-1 | 2020-09-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a demo for a way to store console-size game worlds on a Pico-8 cart, which later became my PicoMap system. It contains every level and sublevel map from the original Super Mario Bros., and you can run and jump through all of them. There's no level progression, sound, or things to interact with besides platforms, but the map data includes placeholders for enemy spawn points and interactive objects, just uncomment a line in the init() function to make these visible. I'm not planning to release the finished game, as I don't want it to be taken down for copyright reasons, but I wanted to show some definitive proof that large-scale games are possible on Pico-8.

Controls:

L/R-------Move

[ Continue Reading.. ]

21 comments

Cart #meas_castle-15 | 2022-03-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mea's Castle

Mea's Castle is a Metroidvania-like Game: You're a little Adventurer and your Goal is to find the "Cup of Hope". You can run and jump, and soon you will find some Artifacts that'll give you more Abilities.

🠔🠖 - Move
🠗 + 🠔🠖 - Crouch
(Z) - Jump
(X) + 🠗 - Use the last Powerup

Warning
This Game is difficult. If you're not a Fan of Jump'n Run-like Games, I think it will be too frustrating^^. There are still Checkpoints basically everywhere, but it's still not easy to beat that Game. Expect to die a lot while playing this^^.

Credits

Thanks to

[ Continue Reading.. ]

35 comments

I have an issue with collision detection when my character is falling, shown in the GIF below:

After a few jumping attempts, the player falls straight through the platform he is meant to land on. This is most likely because the fall rate accelerates, and the player/platform collision boxes aren't connecting. I'm setting the player collision box to a single line at the player's feet, like this:

This is to make it easier to detect if the player jumps through the bottom of a platform and lands on top of it.

Here's how I check for collision:

function plat_collision(o)
 for _,p in pairs(plats) do
  if intersect(p.crect,o.crect) then
   o.y=p.crect.y-8 --this is used to handle jumping through bottom of platforms
   return true
  end
 end
 return false
end

function intersect(rect1,rect2)
 if (rect1.x < rect2.x + rect2.w
 and rect1.x + rect1.w > rect2.x

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=81449#p)
5 comments

Cart #no_jump-1 | 2020-09-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mod of Noel Berry and Matt Thorson's Celeste: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2145&pid=11722

You can't jump

Your legs are broken, and you are tasked to climb a mountain. All you can do is dash through the air and jump off of walls. Can you reach the summit?

4 comments

Cart #rhagedoza-0 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Elite Velocity

Version 1.0 2020-09-01

Asteroid Miner's Flight Training Manual

Up - Thrust
Left/Right - Turn Left/Right
Down - Charge warp (requires fuel)
X - Fire Weapon
Z - Dock at station / tractor beam (requires purchase)

Congratulations on your purchase of the Arrow-class shuttle. This shuttle is rated for asteroid mining and is equipped with a mk1 blaster for destroying asteroids and self-defense. You will also find a warp drive pre-installed, allowing jumps to new systems in deep space. An asteroid-scoop allows easy ore collection by simply flying into floating pieces of ore. Finally, expansion slots allow room for upgrades such as a tractor beam, IFF radar, and powerful mining lasers. These upgrades can be purchased and installed by licensed technicians found at space stations across the galaxy.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Some carts I have made

_

Cart #cavebears-1 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A cave generator with a blue bear as the player.

_

Cart #nufefdeyo-0 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

When the tanks jump, they spin.

_

Cart #floppydisk-0 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Cart #careful_blob-6 | 2021-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

What you see here is a physics engine test of a game that I'm working on, where you can only move Mr. Careful, the purple blob, by way of precise jumping. It's rough around the edges, and I haven't gotten to implementing the other big mechanic of the game, but feel free to test the jumping system all you want! I also haven't implemented death yet apart from the panic button, but those spikes and spike-like balls? They will be much deadlier when the time comes.

4 comments

Octopus Game

Cart #ranekuwema-0 | 2020-09-01 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #nijutipako-0 | 2020-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

by Mot
Cart #mot_pool-22 | 2020-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A work-in-progress 3D pool table simulation.

15 comments

Cart #eyn_fade_gen-1 | 2020-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm making a small tool to quickly generate fill pattern for making fades. As I'm working on a game using those, I hastily threw together this small program to quickly visualize and tweak a fade based on the base pattern and to export it.

Each case in the grid represents a pixel in the fill pattern. The generator is creating a fill pattern gradient from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF while each pixel can turn off in a different frame. The pixel's value will indicate to the generator how many frames the bit must be kept at 0, with zero meaning that it'll stay down for 1 frame, one for two 2 frames and so on. Up to 17 frames worth of fill pattern can be created this way.

The default setting is the fade with the classic dithering 2x2 Bayer pattern, the one that inspired me to do this tool.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #escalatorworld-0 | 2020-08-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Escalator World! You can only go up from here!

Controls:

• up/down/X to menu. (the rest is explained in the tutorial)

A tribute to one of my favorite games from the old yoyogames forums.

non-keyboard users: press up 10 times to skip the name entry screen. (when it says "use the keyboard" just keep pressing up; you're halfway done)

4 comments

Bullseye

Cart #noba_bullseye-0 | 2020-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Bullseye is a fast paced strategic arcade shooter where you don't shoot! Instead, enemy bullets damage each other, and you can weave your way between their attacks to make them shoot each other.

It's relatively small, but I made it with the intention of making something fun, challenging and replayable. It features 3 enemies and 3 powerups. Each enemy has an upside and downside for the player, as well as a bomb, which of course can be triggered by enemies too which will make it damage your ship.

Took about 2 days to make and I'm proud of it for my first actually finished and playable project.

Music by the ever talented Gruber. Sound effects by me.

3 comments

Previously when making games in LOVE2D, I made use of a simple 2D axis-aligned physics library called bump.lua. I especially enjoyed the versatility (e.g. different collision types and outcomes based on custom filtering) and the simple, intuitive API. I wanted to see how effectively it could work in PICO-8, so I forked it.

pico8-bump.lua

The main obstacle to running bump was that PICO-8 has no access to the math lua module and uses 16-bit ints, so all math.floor etc. calls were replaced with their PICO-8 equivalents. math.huge did not have a standard PICO-8 analog, so the 16 bit int max (32767) was hardcoded instead. Likewise, PICO-8 lua does not parse 10e-10 style numbers, so DELTA was changed to a regular decimal value. In addition, PICO-8 does not have access to the table module, so a separate sort function was added to replace table.sort.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #endlessrunner_tweet-0 | 2020-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An endless runner made in <280 characters. Post your best scores!

x=9y=0v=0t=0p={}r=rectfill::_::cls()
?flr(t/10),2,2,7
r(0,90,200,200,3)v+=.2t+=1
if(t%60==0)add(p,{x=128,y=rnd(40)+50})
for l in all(p)do l.x-=1r(l.x,l.y,l.x+30,l.y+99)end
while pget(x+4,y+4+v)==3do v-=sgn(v)*.2end
if(btn(4)and pget(x,y+5)==3)v=-4
y+=v
?"웃",x,y,7
flip()goto _
4 comments

Cart #dupararodi-1 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:
Z/C to jump and let go of the rope
X/V to attach the rope (only works if the connecting line is white, otherwise you're too far away)
Left/Right to swing on the rope (and run on the ground)

To disable music, press X/V on the title screen.

Update 01.09.2020:

Uploaded a new version, now with two game modes and three difficulty settings for each mode. Highscores are saved individually for each mode and difficulty combination.

Game Modes:

Normal

The failure line is locked to the score line and always a fixed distance away. The harder the difficutly, the closer the failure line to the score line

Speed

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

A happy-birthday "card"-ridge for my sister back in South Africa who is turning 30 today.

Cart #veelsgeluklida202-0 | 2020-08-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->