BBS > Community Superblog
All Users | Following | GIFs | Postcarts | Off-site

Here is a video of my current progress in my next game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQdjGvOnADE

2 comments

Im creates jump function in my game, but im dont know how to stop program.

This is the _jump() function code:

function _jump()
y-=5
y+=5

In comment, please tell me how to do this.
Im dont want to use "flip()".
This command doesnt stops program, only frames.

2 comments

Cart #lob_lob_lob-2 | 2020-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Lob! Lob! Lob!

In the year 30XD, there were... a bunch of tanks... that started... fighting!

Lob! Lob! Lob! is a Pico-8 demake of Scorched Earth, with mechanics that should be familiar to anyone who's played that game, or others like it (e.g. Tank Wars, Worms, etc...). It is a turn based tank battle game, where you select a weapon, set your angle and power and let it fly!

The game has support for up to 8 players or AI bots, in hot-seat multiplayer. Try out all seven weapons and 5 utilities!

Pixels, Design, Music and SFX by Nette

Also available on Itch.io.

Controls

Camera Mode:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

12 comments

Cart #jipinojota-0 | 2019-08-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

pixels by @ibiinagy
music by @AkosMandoki
made with ampk

Arctic wolf inspired platformer.
Find the puppy to win.

2 comments

Cart #archery_princess-0 | 2020-01-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to my first full PICO-8 project! Pick up your trusty bow and show us just how worthy you are of your title through 11 levels of orange-shooting fun.

CONTROLS: left/right to aim, X to shoot (hold to charge and then release)

Playing through all 11 levels shouldn't take very long, but progress after each level is saved so you can quit and come back later on if you need.

Looking for a challenge? See if you can get a perfect shot count on each level! (Tip: use the 'Reset level' menu option to quickly retry levels if you miss a shot)

6 comments

Cart #weird_golf_game-1 | 2020-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Remember Bounceball Deluxe? That game that took the world by storm and unexpectedly got millions of downloads and worldwide critical acclaim? No? Weird. Well, after making that and being instantly promoted to celebrity status, I didn't stop working, despite having enough riches to live off the game's success alone. No, in between the TV interviews, I was making a couple other games, just for fun. But those two went totally under the radar. And fans of Bounceball were left wanting more. Well, nobody knew it, but I was also secretly working on a third project. And now, it's out of hiding. The highly anticipated next installment in the Bounceball series is finally here: Bounceball: Golf! This spinoff/sequel includes many exciting features such as:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #bisterabe-2 | 2020-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Alright, my first Pico-8 game is live!
This is Ground Control, a game where you pilot a spaceship to a landing pad and conserve fuel to rack up points!

You may recognise this game from the "Game Development with Pico-8" fanzine.
The core gameplay is from that, as I used it to get to grips with Pico-8.
However, there are some added elements, namely:

• A fuel system
  • Multiple levels
  • A scoring system with save-able high scores
  • An indicator for if you're going too fast to land
  • Some extra visual details

I figured I should share my first creation, so I hope you like it!

1 comment

HELLO and welcome back to another exciting week of Applecart.

When we first started, we wanted you programmers out there to give us your own rendition of Apple ]['s own Saucer Attack, an old 6502-assembly Apple ][ game that was originally read in the computer by audiocassette.

There were two entries total, found HERE and HERE.

The week after that we had a new competition, to make a game called Saucer Invasion, slightly different from the above. In this case we had a bonus, a video to look at so we could indeed see the original game, its instructions, presentation, and operation.

Youtube video of Saucer Invasion

So there were two entries on this one, and you can find those HERE and [[b]HERE

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

bo
by dw817
Cart #bo-0 | 2020-01-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

TO LOAD THIS CART in Pico-8, in immediate mode type:

load #bo

BOMBER for the Apple ][ computer has always been one of my favorite quick-shot 6502-assembly machine-language games, and at 32k it was a marvel for what it did.

Using no BASIC code at all, neither Floating Point nor Integer and purely in machine-language it had a jet come from the right-hand side of the screen to soar to the left while a tank below plodded from left to right.

Your mission: to bomb the tank. But it wouldn't be easy. While the initial tank that appeared followed a fairly steady course, the ones to follow were tricky to hit as they sometimes even went in reverse.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #smal-0 | 2020-01-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is just a small thing I threw together but is fun to watch, enjoy. By Scrub

1 comment

Cart #bomber_nosnibor28-0 | 2020-01-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Submission for this week's Applecart. Thanks again, @dw817, for posting these challenges and including me in the fun! :-)

I didn't have as much time to work on this one as I did on Saucer Invasion, which is why this is still posted as WIP. Graphics are, well... let's just say they could use some work! Also, there's no sound yet.

BUT! You can press X or O (C or Z by default) to drop a bomb, and if it hits the tank you get a nice pretty particle explosion. I don't even have scorekeeping in there lol. The plane goes at a constant speed for the whole game. Each time a tank is spawned it gets a random speed and direction.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #caligo1-0 | 2020-01-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

CALIGO

mod of Celeste
by Matt Thorson
and Noel Berry

14 comments

Cart #drogue-0 | 2020-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Drogue (from "Dale's Rogue") is kind of an homage to old-school text-based rogue-likes. The main influences when working on it were LazyDev's amazing Porklike tutorial and one of my all time favorite games, Dungeon Craw Stone Soup. It features procedural generation of interconnected levels, monsters and treasure. The ultimate goal is a McGuffin in the rogue-like tradition: the mysterious Orb of Elad. The game is complete if a bit bare-bones; if you'd like to try using it as a framework for your own text-based rogue-like, go for it!

4 comments

I'm building an RPG and I'm using the in-cart map tool, but obviously I can't see or edit the whole map at once. had anybody built an external map viewer/exporter? I obviously love the charm of working inside the fantasy console, but for dev I'd like to see my whole world on one screen (not to mention include it as a handout for players maybe!)

4 comments

Cart #runirukika-0 | 2020-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi all,

I made a mod of Skulldude by adding some new music. I wanted to go for something that was both pacy and menacing to match the feel of the game itself. Do you think I succeeded? Please give it a go and let me know what you think of my musical contribution to this excellent little game by guerragames.

Enjoy!

Inphanta

0 comments

Cart #tentropy-0 | 2020-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

do YOU have what it takes to be random?

3 comments

Cart #zoyujobumi-2 | 2020-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone :)
I'm new to Pico-8 and set myself the task of learning Lua.
Thought I'd go with something I know so here's my shameless ripoff of the Asteroids arcade game.

Controls are exactly how you remember.
D-Pad to steer and thrust
Buttons for shoot and Teleport.

Be careful with Teleport... It's not always a get out of jail free card ;)

My code definitely could use optimisation but everything seems to work.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers :)

6 comments

Cart #trees-0 | 2020-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

press o to refresh.
thanks,
-h

8 comments

I'm just starting out in PICO-8 and messing around with OOP-style prototypal inheritance, so I tried to run the following code:

myclass = {str = "printme"}

function myclass:new(o)
 o = o or {}
 setmetatable(o,self)
 self._index = self
 return o
end

subclass = myclass:new()
print(subclass.str)

...and it prints [nil] .

Should it not print "printme"? What am I doing wrong here?

5 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->