BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Mobile Version1.0 (arrow key controls)

Cart #titehobizu-0 | 2019-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Version 1.0 is finally here. There are glitches riddled through the game and it doesn't have a definite end. But I couldn't be happier with where it is now. Two player mode doesn't work well as of now but I have plans to expand it.

Cart #yesomowawu-0 | 2019-12-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #mergb_ab-0 | 2019-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

controls

O - Grab
X - Pop (block groups of 3 or more)
Grab and move the red, blue, and yellow blobs into one another to make green, orange, and purple(?) blocks!
Don't let the blocks touch the top!

Hello, BBS! This if my first Pico-8 Cart that I'm working on. I'm hoping I can have it done by the end of my Christmas break.

I still have to figure out the music that I want to use, and the title screen, and the instructions. Oh, and there's also no game over screen or leveling system. And the character sprites aren't done...

There's a lot of work left! But this has been a great tool to play with so far. I'm happy I found it. =]

6 comments

Cart #game_of_life-0 | 2019-12-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is my first attempt at a cart. Just playing around doing a super simple Game of Life demo thing.

Choose a start pattern then hit a button. Reset the cart to go back to title screen.

Need to try make a proper game next.

2 comments

Cart #snow_tower-10 | 2019-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A bite-sized arcade precision platformer for the Advent Calendar!

In a tower, deep in the Adirondack Mountains... Old Mage Zythandar studies slimes, barrier magicks, and undead creatures. As if the ghost attacks weren't bad enough, the Flame Orbs keep attracting Mothbugs!

Late one night in late December... Zythandar looks out from his study and watches the space candies glittering in the sky above. Watching the candies sparkle and pop and listening to annoying Christmas music... inspiration strikes him!

I'll conjure a creature, of cold ice and snow.
This gentleman of ice, I'll send deep below.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #presentdude-1 | 2019-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made for the 2019 Advent Calendar, it's Present Dude! It's nothing flashy, just another simple puzzle game like the ones I used to get for St. Nicholas Day. Based off of the TI-83+ classic "Block Dude" by Brandon Sterner (which itself is based off of Block Man 1 by Doug & Larry Murk).

Controls are:
Left and Right to move
Up to climb a brick, present, key, or lock
Down to lift or place a present or key
Hold O to make the direction keys move the camera instead
Hold O and press X to restart the level (this can also be done through the pause menu)
The pause menu also has an option to mute the music

Progress is saved every time you clear a level, and if you start from the menu instead of the level select, the results screen has a timer! My playtesting red-percentage time was 23:26.38, is anyone up for beating it? ;)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #printnobreak-0 | 2019-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Printing Without Linebreaks

A redditor posted on the PICO-8 subreddit, and I spent 30 minutes trying to solve his/her problem.

They said:

I have a function that prints several numbers, but with each iteration there's a linebreak (\n)  
when I print. 

How do I make the printouts come right after each other, instead of on separate lines?

My solution, was the above. It's not perfect, but I didn't have a lot of time to work on it.
I'd like to see anyone fix my code, or come up with a better way, as I found this an interesting

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

I would just like to know because I feel like there is some beef between the two fantasy platforms.

1 comment

Cart #autotiledemo-2 | 2019-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

• Left Click: Draw Tiles
  • Right Click: Erase Tiles
  • Z/X: Switch Tileset Theme

Description

Lately I've been playing around with procedurally generated platformer levels and as part of that I started exploring an autotiling function. The goal was to be able to generate a level layout using one algorithm, then apply autotiling to theme the level.

How It Works

The autotile function has a signature similar to map. It accepts six arguments, an x and y coordinate of the map, the width and height in map tiles to apply the autotiling to, the sprite to use as a rule tile for tiling, and a table containing bitmask data for each rule.

The bitmask rules look like this, {0b00000000, 2}, where the first value is the mask and the second value is the sprite id to replace the rule tile with. The second argument can also be a table of tiles to randomly choose from if you want to have a variety of tiles for a give position.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #christmas_rpg_doodle-0 | 2019-12-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is not a game, just an animation that looks like a Christmas-themed RGP.

Maybe it will turn into a proper game someday.

Merry Christmas pico people! And a new year full of happiness and accomplishments for you and your family!

Twitter | Itch.io | Discord | Youtube

1 comment

Cart #fartomatic-0 | 2019-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

First shot at PICO-8, together with the 7-year-old designer... brace yourself...

0 comments

Cart #rutihhife-0 | 2019-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #gabrielsson_shooting_range-5 | 2019-12-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

8 comments

Merry holidays and happy advent! The PICO-8 Advent calendar continues, and today's game is Santa Panic!

Santa has lost his personalised wish list! Oh deer! Can you help him choose gifts for each person, and try to create as much joy as possible?

Select which gift you want to go next using the arrow keys. You can release early (once you see a house) with Z - that'll give you a little bit more time to make the next decision.

How much joy can you achieve on Perennial Street? My highscore is 13!

Featuring music by the excellent Gruber (https://twitter.com/@gruber_music)

Cart #santa_panic-1 | 2019-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #bepis-0 | 2019-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Press Z to make the square stop after it disappears. See if you can get it to stop in the red zone

0 comments

Cart #line_spin-0 | 2019-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #stringhashtable-5 | 2023-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Feature Overview

This is a script that parses String data and converts it into a hash table. (Not compatible with JSON)

• A single string can initialize many values.
  • Returns at least an empty table.
  • Elements can be added space-separated. (the space character cannot be used as a value.)
  • {} specifies a table.
  • key=val; key{val} specifies the key and value of the table.
  • Newline codes are ignored.
  • Bool values, Nil, and Hexadecimal strings are automatically normalized.
  • The first level can be initialized with global values by using cat() in _env. CAT(_env,HTBL[[VALUES]]) --init with 5tokens
  • Double quotation marks are not used (they tend to be fewer characters than JSON).

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #yuyepitowu-0 | 2019-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Test cart.

X

0 comments

Cart #boxjump-0 | 2019-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #zajodowiyob-0 | 2019-12-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

​Try to keep your balloon grounded and don't pop so you don't stop. Definitely not a Flappy Bird clone.

This is a game made for the 243th One Hour Game Jam, the theme of which was "Cactus". I made it in 3 hours. I lagged a little.

Also on itch.io.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->