BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #helium_gunturtle-0 | 2019-01-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This was a project I developed for Kronbits' Demake Jam in August 2018. Multiple updates to gameplay and visuals have been made from the original submission to make the game more enjoyable. The game itself is a demake of Nitrome's flash game Hot Air.

Gameplay:
Control the propeller with the mouse, and click to blow the balloon around.
The goal of each stage is collect all the flowers. The number remaining is indicated by a counter on the top right.

3 comments

Cart #fillpatdraw_02-7 | 2020-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

FillPatDraw FullColor version

This cart is tool that export code for drawing with FILLP() and RECTFILL().
The Exported data can draw that using without Sprite sheet.

You can also apply a check mask to an image by changing the value of _filppmask to a non-zero value.

Rectfill pattern animation

FILLP DRAW (2color version)

Controls

[hidden]

Sprite sheet view

• Mouse Left Drag and Click
    1 Select the rectangle to be the source of the delimited block.
    2 Select the length of block from start to end.
    3 Click Export Button for Confirm and Enter the export (p8l)file name.
    In some cases there is a waiting time of 30 seconds or more.
  • Right Click
    Prev select mode.

• Tab key
    Open the Menu Window.

Menu

• PLAY Button
    Start Pattern Draw Preview

• SAVE Button
    SAVE PNG file and Attach Cart data

• LOAD Button
    LOAD PNG file and Attach Cart data

• CLEAR!! Button
    CLEAR Sprite sheet(not Attach Cart data)

Pattern Draw Preview

• Space key
    Stop and Start the Animation.
  • Left Click
    Step to Next BlockID.
  • Right Click
    Prev to Back BlockID.
  • Tab key
    Return The Menu Window.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Purpose: calculating a line-line intersection point

I've been trying to learn physics coding, which also means re-learning math I have long forgotten. Recent studies in vectors, sin/cos, etc. were difficult but successful, so this task seemed like it would be pretty simple. And yet....

I cannot see what I'm doing wrong here.

I've implemented line-line intersection algorithms as transcribed in various places all over the internet, and the resulting {x,y} is always the same. So the answers are consistent, but do not match expectations whatsoever.

Note: I understand this algorithm does not catch all cases, but rather I'm trying to show the simplest form of the problem I'm struggling with. It should be working for the case illustrated, as far as I understand. The line endpoints are chosen specifically to intersect on-screen, but the intersection algorithm will generate negative values in most, but not all, cases (?!?!?)

function line_intersection(line1, line2)
    local p1, p2 = line1.p1, line1.p2

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=60617#p)
3 comments

Hello!

I am trying to make an unmovable actor (for example, a turret). Ie, the actor collides with other actors, but it is not pushed around.

If I set the actor to not collide with anything, it will not move, but it will also not block other actor's path.

If I set the actor to collide with other actors, It will be pushed around. I tried setting the actor's Density, Gravity, and Friction at around 255, but then I have this weird behavior where if the player
touches the actor, the actor will move 1 voxel TOWARDS the player.

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers!

2 comments

Cart #zoperisodo-5 | 2019-12-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

"funeral march of a marionette"
by charles gounod
arr. @packbat

thanks to alberto simoes and imslp, whose sheet music this was based on.

update 1 : added music
update 2 : added the minor arcana?!
update 3 : visual polish, added back faces to cards
update 4 : minor visual polish

4 comments

Hi all, I wanted to share with you an experiment I've been working on called World of Pico. It uses the GPIO pins to transfer map data from a JavaScript context to the cart, allowing for essentially unlimited maps for exploration when the cart is hosted on a webpage. The demo has 3 maps, but I can see this technique being used in combination with a map server, and eventually allowing for interactivity between the client and server.

The method of data transfer is very similar to how P8T by seleb works. Different values on pin 0 of the GPIO tell the JS app or the cart whose turn it is to read and update the following pin values. If you want to explore the source code or read more about the transfer technique, please check out the GitHub repo.

Thanks for taking a look!

0 comments

This level is done by Digital Monkey School student Dhruv with help from Matt and Greg
It was done in the in the course of DMS summer camp :)

Cart #meduritur-0 | 2019-01-05 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Cart #ftg_ctf-0 | 2019-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Capture the Flag -- A Pico-8 2D demake of Quake's Threewave Capture the Flag, for one player.

Features:

• Blue flag is hard to capture -- you're going to have to try a few times
  • Grappling hook (which you always have, of course)
  • Hand-built pico-8 physics engine with forces and mass ratios
  • A terrifying escape from the blue base

You have to capture the flag twice to win! Tweet your time with #picoctf or share them here.

Given the precision nature of the game, a gamepad is recommended! You can freely download a gamepad-compatible version of the game for Windows, Linux and Macos at https://frogtoss.itch.io/capture-the-flag.

0 comments

Cart #yhisoreto-0 | 2019-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

大量の寿司が右から左に動くだけです。
寿司の出現時に効果音が鳴ります。(3%ぐらいで出るワサビ盛りは効果音が変わります)

Many Sushi keep moving right to left.
Pop sound on.(different in Wasabi)

0 comments

A Messenger's Tale

Small RPG by JustFire45

Cart #justfire45_rpg-4 | 2019-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This game is also on itch.io!
[https://justfire45.itch.io/a-messengers-tale]

If you're stuck on a boss, here's a list of all the attacks and how to avoid them: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W_Es0RyfjGrkglvmxYQ82PdW34Cisggv8SzUXQCdmUc/edit?usp=sharing]

Plot Summary

The Royal Messenger is asked to deliver a very important letter to the East Kingdom, and stumbles across a rare and powerful artifact.

Equipment

Pieces of equipment are hidden in various places, and can help you a lot in battles. Try finding some!

Weapons
Book - 8 ATK
Baseball Bat - 10 ATK
Shortsword - 12 ATK

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

by oprel
Cart #tori-1 | 2019-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Parallel platformer where a you are a bird feeding ground dwelling monsters.

CONTROLS

• Move: Left and Right
  • Jump: Up or Z
  • Switch: Down or X

Description

Go for the fastest time in individual levels or do an entire speedrun in the Timed Run. Try Remix mode for a change of pace: levels are randomly generated and you can make objects and monsters switch layers with you! If you are stuck on a level, press P to reload the current level from the menu.

I built a level a day in #blocktober 2018: @jasperoprel

3 comments

Cart #dpmusic1-1 | 2019-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The song Resurrections from Celeste (full game, not the Pico version), remade in PICO-8.

This isn't really the entire song due to memory limitations, but it's still about 3 minutes.
Normally the song transitions between 3 sections based on your progress in the level, this version however has them in the same order as the OST version in one track.

Sprites based on both Celeste and Celeste Classic.
Feel free to use this with credit.

Original by Lena Raine
Celeste
Celeste Classic (PICO-8 Version)

Me

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Cart #delta_airlines_trivia-0 | 2019-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I was on a flight that had a multiplayer trivia game.
It was very poorly made.
This is a remake of that game, minus the multiplayer element.
(The real game ended after 10 questions, but this one doesn't have an end state. Everything else is as faithfully recreated as possible.)

https://twitter.com/droqen2/status/1078603071964528640

3 comments

Cart #supersummer-2 | 2019-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

~SUPER SUMMER V0.1~
Move left and right with arrows.
Wait for the fruit and make them bounce on your head !
The game is not finished, it may be super hard.

4 comments

Cart #fishbane-0 | 2019-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

i remade the dead basics of fishbane in pico-8
what fun!
(took me ~4 hours)

0 comments

Cart #yozibiboho-0 | 2019-01-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first stab at implementing a classic demoscene fire effect, and indeed, a Pico-8 program in general. Seriously enjoying this!

3 comments

Cart #brokeneternaldanceengine-1 | 2019-01-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(Controls: Z/C to hide the interface, X to restart the song, arrow keys to change the animation)

Hello! This is a PICO8 arrangement of 壊れかけの永劫舞踏機関 (Broken Eternal Dance Engine) from the game 連縁天影戦記 ~ Brilliant pagoda or haze castle !

For the card, I made two background animations, one I created myself, and one imported from the Piano Roll Music Visualizer by kittenm4ster

Maybe that later on, I will release a template of this Visualizer where you can make neat animations in sync with the 4th SFX channel.

I also want to thank BusiedGem for the

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

I started using Voxatron today and noticed something strange with the designer UI.
Options near the bottom of the screen are cut off, both in fullscreen and windowed mode.

Am I just being stupid and can't figure out how to scroll, or could it be something to do with my resolution or something?

4 comments

Hello, I'm trying to port over some libraries to kickstart prototyping on voxatron (such as 30log or cpml) and I got a weird issue with functions not finding an upvalue.

Let's say we have a B.lua file and a A.lua file
B.lua contains this:

B = {}

B_mt = {}

local function new()
	return setmetatable({}, B_mt)
end

function B.new()
	return new()
end

function B.draw()
	print("Called",0,0,7)
end

B_mt.__index = B
function B_mt.__call()
	return B.new()
end

B = setmetatable({}, B_mt)

It's basically a global class-ish definition with a constructor, an alias to the constructor via __index and the private constructor which is called internally.

Let's say we have an A.lua script which does:

local b = B()

function _update()
end

function _draw()
	b.draw()
end

It simply gets a B instance and calls its draw function yet it doesn't work on Voxatron 0.3.5. I don't know what are the private/public global/local stuff available on this platform but this kind of pattern doesn't work well. I get this kind of error.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I could not find my precise issue in the bugs discussion.

Running

Cart #snowman-5 | 2019-01-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

in Chrome on Windows 7, I notice that if I navigate away from the tab and then back, that while I was not viewing the tab, graphics updates do not proceed. However, music continues. This breaks carts which rely on stat(20), stat(24), stat(26) etc. It is not a problem for me because I prefer to remain engaged with a cart as long as I am playing it anyway, but I am not certain if this issue was present prior to the recent updates or not.

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->