BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #maidtofish-0 | 2024-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Maid to fish is a fishing minigame using directional inputs

Controls

On the main menu, use up and down to control number of fish and left and right to change starting difficulty
In game, the main buttons are direction inputs shown on the right.
The source code can be found here

Credits

Coding done by me,
Art done by Susu

3 comments

Cart #naughtybirds-0 | 2024-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #pebenoyoh-0 | 2024-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here is just the bear-bones of this project that I've whipped up.
Uploading this to view my journey into learning Lua

The Debug menu can be viewed by pausing, selecting debug and then selecting continue

0 comments

Cart #jelpi_tas-0 | 2024-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The demo game Jelpi (by Zep) can be completed in 8.2 seconds!

It's just a first attempt at this, so the code is pretty terrible (7th tab if you want to see it).
This was all hand-coded over about less than an hour, so it's in no way perfect.

What is a TAS though?

A TAS, or Tool Assisted Speedrun, is when a human writes all the inputs for a computer to perform.
This can be used to create theoretical "perfect" speedruns of games.

Well, have fun messing around with this to finish the 3rd level and/or make this one faster.

2 comments

I am looking for a programmer for a team that I am creating to make a game and I am also looking for an assistant to help me lead the team and create the game.I'm trying to create a Sonic the Hedgehog platform game for those who don't know his games, play this game: https://wamwoowam.co.uk/sonic4/ jumps with A and moves Sonic with the arrows if you crouch and press A Sonic makes a whirlwind if when Sonic jumps and press A, Sonic will jump wider or go straight towards an enemy.So far I only have one musician on the team.I also want to clarify that I have programmed in SCRATCH.

2 comments

Cart #catchgame_elimos-0 | 2024-10-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

i gave myself 5 hours to do it, so, yeah, it's buggy as hell and becomes impossible to play at a certain point, but I really liked the creation process of this tool

2 comments

Cart #thecountisenraged-1 | 2024-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The Count Is Enraged!

Bring back peace to the asteroid belt by slaying Count Jaspawd! This is the first level of that game.

Controls

ARROWS to Move
X or x to shoot
O or c to shoot torpedos

but...why?

I was sick this weekend and tried another game for my mission:
I'm trying to make one game of every genre, even the ones I could never get into. This is my weekend attempt at making a shmup, a genre I'm not really familiar with.
Do tell me about all the things you hate in it and I might even work on it some more!

4 comments

Cart #build_a_jetpack-1 | 2024-10-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Build a Jetpack

First entry of my challenge to release a game every month for the next 100 months.

• Arrow keys to move
  • When on your raft, press C to open the shop.
  • Press X to confirm actions.

16 comments

Hi, tiny tiny bug for HTML5 export in PICO-8 where the colon is missing on line 986 by default. Just slightly unaesthetic when dragging over HTML5 files onto my site. Hopefully it's a quick fix!

0 comments

Cart #srectangles-2 | 2024-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #celeste1k-0 | 2024-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a scaled-back version of Celeste Classic in just 1KB of compressed code. Originally planned to submit it to Pico1K Jam 2024, but didn't make the deadline. It includes the first 3 levels of the original game, and runs at 60FPS. I tried to make it feel as much like the original as possible, hope you enjoy playing it.

3 comments

Cart #betterspikejump-0 | 2024-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #iscdataempty_bc-0 | 2024-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Use this to check that the saved state of the game, such as mid-game progress, is the initial state (all 0).

print(iscdataempty() and 'cartdata empty' or 'cartdata found')
  • Returns true if it is in the initial state.
  • Returns false if there is any data contained in it.
  • This function consumes 14 Token.

With this test cart, we will verify that entering CARTDATA with the mouse will cause it to return to its initial state.
You can reset CARTDATA in the pause menu.

0 comments

Cart #podiatrist-1 | 2024-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Guide one (or more) moths to the podiatrist’s office.

Controls:

Left click: Turn on light
Right click: Turn off light
x: retry level

Inspired by the Moth Joke of Norm Macdonald

RIP Big Man Gone but not forgotten

1 comment

Cart #fihumahato-0 | 2024-10-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This green version is mostly a simple sound experiment. I created some SFX with notes and short phrases in the C pentatonic scale; every time an electric shock appears on the screen, one of these random SFX plays. Similarly, when the Thing jumps, besides the "hop sound" SFX, one SFXs with super simple rhythmic patterns with percussive sounds is randomly played.

So it's a super simple system to get some pseudo-generative, random sounds that are tied to the gameplay and to what's happening on screen.

The effect is simple, kind of stupidly melodic, and also chaotic. But for those who like to mess around with music, it's fun to send the audio signal from the game into an effects processor to get pseudo-random textures in that key.

0 comments

Cart #p8ng2024-0 | 2024-10-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

p8ng

This is the first game I've ever published, and I would greatly appreciate your feedback. My game is an homage to the most important videogame of all time.

Story

This is the end of a long journey. After a mysterious system failure, two rockets, Nebula 6 and Mars 18, are plummeting towards an unknown planet.
To avoid a catastrophic crash, they must compete in an intergalactic match during their descent.
The high-energy plasma sphere they exchange can rupture, adding an extra layer of danger, requiring skills from the crew.
The winner will gain control and steer towards salvation, while the loser faces inevitable explosion.
Tension rises with each point, as survival is at stake.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #prototype_tower-3 | 2024-10-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Prototype idea for an RPG, was messing about just trying to get the basic ideas down.

3 comments

Hello everyone

I want to add an item for pick up on my procedural generated levels.
I have a pick up quantity and a table to hold them, and an individual table for each object.

I want items to be placed on tiles with the flag 5 because it's a busy street where my character can't get to a lot of the places.

Seemingly my only option is to use a while loop to iterate through x and y positions until it finds a flag 5 and then discount 1 from the pickup quantity until it's 0.

Unfortunately this results in the game not loading.

while crateamt > 0 do
        local x = rnd(map_end)
        local y = rnd(map_endy)
        if fget(mget(x*8,y*8),5) then
            add(crates, crate:new({
                x=x,
                y=y
            }))
            crateamt -=1
        else
            x = rnd(map_end)
            y = rnd(map_endy)
        end

end

What other options do I have?

1 comment

Cart #zx_loading-0 | 2024-10-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Is ZX Spectrum loading screen that boot a ZX Spectrum cartridge in your ZX Spectrum computer

1 comment

Cart #badelinechapter1-1 | 2024-10-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #badelinechapter2-0 | 2024-10-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is my first platformer, and since celeste got me into platformers, i wanted to do a follow-up in terms of style.
Thx for playing :)

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->