Cart #rndpong1-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WARNING!

random like blinking colors

0 comments

Cart #salamancer_02-0 | 2024-10-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Cart #tamapicotchi-3 | 2024-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[32x8]

(Work In Progress) This game still has many bugs, and they will be fixed over time.

About the game

Welcome to Tamapicotchi, a charming virtual pet game where your care and attention shape the evolution of your digital companion. Feed, clean, and nurture your pet as you unlock new characters and discover unique surprises along the way. Stay tuned for updates as the game continues to improve!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Hit

Hello Pico-8 community!

Rectangles ("Axis-Aligned Bounding Boxes", or aabbs, or simply boxes) are the most common way to detect collisions in videogames. Checking that two rectangles intersect is easy and fast.

However sometimes game objects need to move fast. Projectiles or even hedgehogs sometimes move so fast that they traverse many pixels per frame. When they move fast enough they can "phase through" objects, if one uses simple rectangle intersection as a mean to detect collisions.

Even when the two rectangles intersect, it can be tedious/tricky to find exactly on which position do they land.

I present you hit. It's a single function which will solve this particular problem, doing continuous collision detection instead of simple intersection.

hit
by kikito
Cart #hit-1 | 2024-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #paddix-5 | 2024-10-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a port of my windows adaptation of the classic "paper and pen" game Paddocks or Boxes as some know it by.

The Paddix main menu

The Paddix main board

How to play:

Paddix is a 2-player game, each player takes turns building fences between the posts in the main paddock, once all four sides of a smaller paddock have been built, the paddock is claimed by the player that placed the fourth fence and a point is awarded.

Once all the paddocks have been claimed, the game is over with the player that has the most points as the winner.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #bunchalilguys-1 | 2024-10-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Experimenting w/ particle-based characters.
-arrow keys to move the camera
-hold x to spawn some lil guys (careful though, this will lag with too many entities)
-press o to spectate a random lil guy
-change the background color or list the entity-count from the pause menu

1 comment

This is a basic vertical shooter, but if you miss or get hit by an enemy you loose a heart.
If you loose all of your hearts, the game ends.
The game will also end if an enemy manages to get past you.

Cart #dorp-5 | 2024-10-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #dodecahedron-0 | 2024-10-04 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Wanted to freshen up my knowledge about 3D math and dodecahedrons are just a cool shape.
Contains a small self-written library for converting 3d points to screen coordinates.

Controls:
x/o: Change Fov
left/right: Move horizontally
up/right: Spin

0 comments

Cart #seboburamu-0 | 2024-10-01 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

matmul and matmul3d seem to yield wrong results when used in the form a:matmul(b, a), while a = a:matmul(b) yields the expected result. This is probably because positions are overwritten with their results even if they are still needed for the calculation of other positions.

This could probably be fixed if a:matmul(b, a) calculated results columnwise and buffered results until the column is finished.

1 comment

Hi there! Echoes from the Shield is my post apocalyptic fiction and electronic music project (you can find it on YouTube or IG). I'm also passionate about pixel art and videogames, so I kinda wanted to try making a sort of spin off of the project here on Pico 8. Here are my first step with something suuuper basic, it's the first code of my life, put together to make this silly endless runner.
Funny enough there is no music atm. Will handle this in a second moment.
Cheers!

first update, I added music :) it was so fun and fast to get along with the pico8 tracker since I'm really used to LSDJ, LGPT and the M8, which all share similar workflow.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #cpu_monitor-3 | 2024-10-08 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A really simple CPU monitoring tool, intended to be executed in the tooltray.
Does not work as intended in the browser.

Run at startup

When launching the app for the first time, it will automatically add itself to the list of apps to run at startup.
If you want to change the path of the app, move it to its new location and manually run the app again. The path will automatically update.

Settings

You can click the icon on the bottom-left to modify the settings. Edit the parameters and save and the app will automatically resize.
Currently exposed settings are:

• The size of the window
  • The update frequency

CHANGE LOG

• The app automatically adds itself to the list of apps the run after boot in /appdata/system/startup.lua

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #batout-0 | 2024-10-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

🎮 Introducing "Batout" – A PICO-8 Arcade Game 🎮
Hello PICO-8 Community!

I'm excited to present to you my very first PICO-8 game, "Batout." I developed this game with the assistance of ChatGPT-o1, providing English-language instructions for it to update the entire code base (a single text file) with each new iteration. I didn't write a single line of code myself, and I'm eager to share this novel creation with the community for your feedback and enjoyment.

✨ Game Overview ✨
"Batout" is a fast-paced arcade-style game where players use their mouse or trackball to control a paddle that bounces a ball, destroys bricks, and fends off pesky bats that introduce unexpected challenges. Navigate through multiple levels, accumulate points, and strive for high scores while avoiding falling bombs dropped by the bats!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

There are 8 sound effects (№0-№7) that can be interpreted either as a custom instrument or a custom waveform. Where in memory does a pico-8 cart store information about what sfx is in waveform-mode? Im guessing there's a byte somewhere in memory with each of its bits corresponding to each SFX mode. The question is - what's the address?

1 comment

Introducing "Finally Remembering to Vacuum Under the Couch Cushions After 2 Years"!

Do you have what it takes to clean under the couch cushions? Should you even clean under the couch cushions? Only you can decide...

Controls:

• press X to suck
  • you can probably guess what the arrow keys do

Thanks for checking out my first Pico-8 project.

Cheers!

11 comments

So, I just finished a brain f*** port in picotron, But I thought it would be cool to:

A: have a P-8 port.
B: get recognition by posting on both forums.

Note that for now, I just need like, a copy that fits the limitations of P-8

And eventually poth ports will have these https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=154970#p features, but for noow, Can i please have some help?

a-k Normal stuff.
Delete lives up to its name.
R runs the program.

However: a few new features:

*This will be changed later.

"." Only prints numbers,
"," Uses PICO-8 Stile input,
There are only 8 memory cells.

Finally:
{ and } (M&N respectively) work like [ And ], but only when the cell is != 0

Here's My Masterpiece:

Cart #taropakaye-0 | 2024-10-03 | Embed ▽ | No License

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

It took AWHILE but I FINALLY DID IT!!!
BrainF*** in PICOTRON!!!

a-k Normal stuff.
Delete lives up to its name.
R runs the program.

However: a few new features:

*This will be changed later.

"." Only prints numbers,
"," Uses PICO-8 Stile input,
There are only 8 memory cells.

Finally:
{ and } (M&N respectively) work like [ And ], but only when the cell is != 0

Here's My Masterpiece:

Cart #taropakaye-0 | 2024-10-03 | Embed ▽ | No License

3 comments

Hi y'all!
I made a little waving flag widget for you to customize your Picotron tooltray!
The default image is a brazillian flag, but you can change it to whatever you want. The image is drawn using Tline3d, so make sure the dimensions are power of 2.
You can also customize the flag placement by changing the x and y values of the "window_attribs" table inside Main.lua.

Cart #waving_flag-0 | 2024-10-03 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #salamancer_01-1 | 2024-10-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->