BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

so the first step is: which architecture are you? if you are x64 then go to a different tutorial, this is for arm64

next you need to turn on Linux (go to settings and search Linux)

then you need to get the RASPBERRY PI VERSION of pico8 (because raspberry pi is arm)

now put the pico-8 file into the Linux files

then go to the file with dir to see which file to go to and then cd (your file) repeat untill you see the file in dir "pico8_64"

then run this ./pico8_64

if you get a "permission denied" message run this chmod u=rwx,g=r,o=r pico8_64

then run the ./pico8_64 again

I wasted my time on this, don't waste yours, follow this tutorial

also if you want to use the .p8 files, they are a in a hidden file, so turn those on in file settings
(the 3 dots at the top of files)

this took me forever because its a Chromebook, and now I resent chromebooks

0 comments

A relaxed mini-puzzle game in 64x64 pixel resolution, written for #LOWREZJAM 2024. Also my first game on the BBS!

You're in charge of organising a community festival! Arrange stages, bars, food trucks, chill-out areas and camping to keep everyone happy, but watch out for the changeable weather...

A new puzzle every day with 20 different festival sites. Challenge your friends to get the highest score!

Cart #drawkcab_lowrezfest-0 | 2024-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hints

• You've got from 0800 until 1800 to build out the site. Most things take an hour to build, but stages take 90 minutes and camping areas take 30.
  • The stage tents take up lots of space, but can be extended with tents of the same colour. One long stage scores more points than several small stages.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #gemdredging-21 | 2024-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

The life of a Dredger can be one filled WITH RICHES... AND PERIL...
Go deep sea diving to find your riches!
But be wary...

• Try not to disturb the KRAKEN or you are in for a FIGHT!
  • If you find yourself in a fight, use discovered gems to help you.

[ HINTS ]

• Make sure to flag potential KRAKEN TILES if you don't want to trigger an unwanted 4+ battle!
  • Unused GEMS are used as BONUS points to your score each round!
  • Flagged KRAKEN tiles earns bonus points!

NEW MUSIC HAS BEEN ADDED

DOWNLOAD A TINY GAME MANUAL YOU CAN PRINT OUT

DOWNLOAD FROM ITCH.IO

HOW TO FOLD A ZINE

[ Continue Reading.. ]

26 comments

Cart #go_figure_03-1 | 2024-08-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Go Figure

It's a glitchy little sokoban game, made for LOWREZJAM 2024.

There were several themes but i think the ones I managed to implement here the most were "Frick Around And Find Out" and also "All Systems Have Broken". The theme "Peaceful" is also there, but unintentionally.

https://itch.io/jam/lowrezjam-2024/rate/2897595

How to play

Well... go figure!

In case you don't want to, here's a little manual:

• Use arrows to move around

• Move the heads around and merge identical ones. Heads are "crates" in this sokoban and you can move several of them at a time.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Cart #raymanbeta-0 | 2024-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Demake of rayman

2 comments

Cart #rayman-2 | 2024-08-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

this is demake of rayman

0 comments

Cart #stardefence-1 | 2024-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi, all.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/cart_info.php?cid=stardefence-0

This is my first pico-8 game to make it this far. I've always wanted to make a Defender style game, and have added a few little extras just to spice things up.

Power up your Bomb Meter by shooting aliens, then unleash a devastating blast on ground enemies with the Big Bomb. Destroy all ground units to move on to the next wave.

Each level gets a little larger, with more bullets flying.

Code is.. well.. a mess, but as my first real project, it is to be expected. Huge thanks go out to Kristian for his amazing tutorials, without which I would never have made it this far.

Hope you all enjoy.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #solitary_spacewright-3 | 2024-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Take the job of a spaceship mechanic, repairing and cleaning up ships, while enduring the increasing demands of the company quotas.

tap Z - use held tool
hold Z - open inventory
X - interact with objects
arrow keys - move

Code and art by me (Werxzy)
Music and sound effects by Munchkin
Thanks to Hercleum and Achie for some last minute testing (definitely helped make the game better)

Solitary Spacewright was made for the lowrezjam2024. You can also check out the itch.io page I made for the game and download the unflattened source and map editor at https://werxzy.itch.io/solitary-spacewright

Note, if you want to play offline, you will also need to download #solitary_spacewright_2

6 comments

Hi again!

Here is the second early release of my very first game: an arkanoid-like clone. I'm not looking to replicate the original game exactly, but to use it as a base to learn in the process.

I focused this release on cleaning the code - I was close to run out of tokens - and improving collisions. There aren't any visual/audio improvements from the 0.0.1 release (first release here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=143441).

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to play it and provide feedback. I'm looking at you @RealShadowCaster, your insights on the collision engine were very useful. Let me know what you think of this version.

Cart #jplabs001_2-0 | 2024-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

P8ZZNIC - A PICO-8 Interpretation of the Tile-Matching Classic, Puzznic

Cart #shadowphiar_p8zznic_0-2 | 2024-08-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A puzzle game to exercise your brain

Get ready to challenge your mind with P8ZZNIC, a PICO-8 tribute to the arcade puzzle classic, Puzznic. Your mission: clear 144 screens by matching tiles adorned with various symbols. Use your cursor to move blocks left or right — when two or more matching tiles meet, they vanish. Earn bonus time by orchestrating clever trick shots that clear four or more tiles at once. But beware — plan your moves carefully, or you might leave behind an unsolvable puzzle!

Each level in P8ZZNIC consists of four screens. After completing a level, you'll return to the level-select screen, and your progress is automatically saved.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

17 comments

Hello,

I've been working on trying to produce a randomly generated map like in Slay the Spire.

I used the rules documented here to generate the map:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2830078257

(not convinced these are the whole rules but it's good enough for now)

The map is a 7 x 15 grid.
6 paths are drawn through the grid, the first two paths must be at different starting points, others are random (which gives the branching effect)
Events are placed on the grid as per the weightings specified.
Some rules are obeyed to prevent certain events from appearing in certain places (for example, 2 rest sites in a row are not allowed)
I added some jittering to give the map rendering a more organic look.

Controls

1) You can scroll up and down the map with the up and down keys.
2) Hit left and right to select an originating path. Press X to lock in the selection.
3) Press up to move up that selected path.
4) While you have a path selected, press left and right to move between valid branches of the path.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Im my picked bass no im made new midilib instruments
Im made kick

Im made song using my kick

Cart #nazarfloppalovesp8_kick-0 | 2024-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #one_shot-7 | 2024-08-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A small game that I made for my first cartridge in Pico-8. I learned a lot while making it, and while it may not be perfect, it is indeed a complete game.

7 comments

Video remapping appears to be the cause of cartridges that do not load on the BBS web player. My game, Oops Airlines, can be found here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=143653 and freezes after the splash screen.

@pancelor helpfully created a smaller repro cart here: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/cart_info.php?cid=fewoweguda-1

Hopefully this can get resolved soon. The binary exports and HTML exports work great on itch. And downloading the cart to run locally is also a workable solution in the meantime.

3 comments

Cart #oopsairlines-1 | 2024-08-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

NOTE
Looks like the web player isn't launching the game. Seems like it's caused by an issue with high-memory video remapping (documented on another BBS post). To play the game, try #load oopsairlines-1 in your PICO-8 terminal! You can also click here to play in your browser.

Introduction

OOPS Airlines needs your help!

After the terrible ClownShrike virus shut down all of the airport's systems, it up to you, the sole air-traffic controller, to manually direct flights to the runway!

Carefully plan routes for each plane - but watch out! Once a flight path is connected to the airport, it cannot be altered. Plan wisely to guide the incoming flights to safety!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #vidcam-0 | 2024-08-13 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first post and my first picotron project.

This is a proof of concept.
And this doesn't technically work without the python file.

It may be called a cheater because most of the work is done with a python file that edits the info file.
And only some of it is in picotron.

Go to:
https://lexaloffle.com/media/103068/2024-08-13 23-33-35.mp4
and the main video will be downloaded. Where you can see most of the work.

4 comments

When clicking the play button on the Picotron web player, it stays as a grey screen. Checking the console shows an error, that it can't find https://www.lexaloffle.com/play/picotron_0101.js. After some digging, I believe it should be https://www.lexaloffle.com/play/picotron_0100h.js instead.

Edit: Wait, does this hint at Picotron 0.1.1?

FIXED!!!!

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->