BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

The objective is to guide the white cat to the goal (maze exit; marked with a yellow circle).
You can only move cats by dragging them by their front or back paws! Use Z to grab or release a cat. Hold X to reset a level.

There's only nine levels so far, roughly ordered by difficulty.

Cart #iliazeus_longcats-0 | 2024-06-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Tablut

A two-player, turn-based board game, where a king in his castle is ambushed from all sides and must escape.

How To Play

Player One plays as the attacking team (red pawns), and Player Two plays as the defending team (blue pawns).
The king starts at the center position, and is marked with a golden crown.

When selecting a pawn, valid moves are marked on each tile on the board. You can move horizontally or vertically by selecting a pawn and then selecting any valid position that is marked on the board.

To kill an enemy, you must surround them from two sides, either horizontally or vertically.
For example (o represents an attacker, x represents a victim):

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #soduky-0 | 2024-06-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

First version of Soduky, a sudoku solver
next version will have a grid generation too
dont hesitate to give me more ideas

1 comment

@zep o/

0.2.6b / linux:

1. launch pico8 executable
  2. run poke(0x5f54,0x80) (in the console)
  3. run reboot
  4. run poke(0x5f54,0x80) (copied from the 0.2.6 release notes)
  5. the executable crashes

Step 2 is optional -- it still crashes in step 5 if you skip step 2
In Step 4, running poke(0x5f54,0x60) instead does not crash.

I'm not sure how to get a stacktrace on my machine, or if it's even possible. this is the best I know how to do:

> coredumpctl debug
           PID: 12604 (pico8)
           UID: 1000 (pancelor)
           GID: 1000 (pancelor)
        Signal: 11 (SEGV)
     Timestamp: Tue 2024-06-18 18:51:34 PDT (3min 17s ago)
  Command Line: /home/pancelor/.config/itch/apps/pico-8/pico-8/pico8 -root_path /run/media/pancelor/data/Users/pancelor/Documents/pancelor/src/pico8/
    Executable: /home/pancelor/.config/itch/apps/pico-8/pico-8/pico8
 Control Group: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/[email protected]/app.slice/app-pico8-b4acdb07c9cf4629b15a6b78f024fa7f.scope

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=150091#p)
0 comments

Cart #espigavazia-1 | 2024-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Ops! All of the corn pieces are all around! Try to collect all of them to save the June Festival! Play intersting minigames to earn the remaining corn pieces.

By: viniciusxbox

6 comments

Cart #jman64-0 | 2024-06-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #airship-0 | 2024-06-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hey, so I'm back with another visual...

so I made this to practice animating tiles (the woman's hair) and to practice trigonometry in PICO-8.

Enjoy!

2 comments

A Tiny Intro, made at my first demo party, NOVA (UK). :-)

256b ROM and more info here:
https://github.com/ace-dent/demo-toybox/tree/main/NOVA2024

Cart #print_nova-0 | 2024-06-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #slots_o_stickers-0 | 2023-12-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Slots-O-Stickers

Made a lil slot machine / sticker collecting game :)
This was a Christmas gift for my partner but I figure you all might enjoy it was well <3
[8x8]

6 comments

On all threads containing an embedded cart, I am unable to see the Code by clicking Code and I see a horizontal scrolling bar (that does nothing) instead.

I can still download the .p8.png fortunately (and that's required to also get data/resources anyway) but sometimes I just want to have a peek at some algo before deciding to dive deeper or not.

1 comment

Cart #mini_mancala-3 | 2024-06-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Just wanted to share my second PICO-8 game. I've been chipping away at this slowly for the last few months and was inspired this week to finally finish it!

Play against a friend via pass-and-play or challenge the computer. For fun, you can even pit two computer players against each another. Use it as the world's slowest coin-tossing machine! :)

3 comments

Cart #loom-2 | 2024-06-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Loom 1.2

A Laser-packed game, how long can you survive?
This game was made in two days. If anyone wants to make some good music then please do so, thanks.
You can pause to go to clean mode or enable quick death. Also you can reset your highscore.
My best is 65 seconds. I just updated the game, is it better with the more askew lasers?

Stages

Stages will be added to the game the more score you get. if you are at the very beginning, its easy.
But the longer you survive, the more things will be added to the game to make it harder.

• Just lasers

• Aim Lasers

• Super Lasers & even more Aim Lasers

• Cluster drop-Lasers & even even more Aim Lasers

[ Continue Reading.. ]

16 comments

this game will come soon

0 comments

Cart #woodworm-0 | 2024-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hiya! I've been working on this little puzzle game for a few months and its finally done!

Thanks to @Trog for the lovely font, and everyone who playtested and/or gave feedback.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy! 🐛

35 comments

Version 0.9: monster graphics!

Cart #teddblue_monv9-0 | 2024-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

features

• Mons in save data
  • Image decompression system added
    • based off the system used in the gen 1 and 2 pokemon games with some changes to better fit pico-8
  • Display mons in battle mode
  • mon info menu system
    • view mons
    • view stats, moves, info
    • change mon placement
  • mons appear on start menu
    • i thought it would be a fun way to show off all the cool monsters that are in the game so far
    • you cant catch all of the ones shown
  • cleanup and token saving measures

story time

Hello! this update came out really fast as far as this major feature being added. this is because i had been working on this part in a separate project as i was making the rest of the engine. It loads an image compressed into a string. there are some improvements i wouldve wanted to make but it didnt seem worth the token cost. anyways it works now. this was a major feature that i had to have in the game for it to be worth the challenge.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

So I'm trying to use two sprite sheets per frame in my game using the new high memory video mapping. at the start of the game the video memory is moved to 0x8000. there are special sprites that are loaded from a string into 0xa0. What im trying to do is quickly switch to 0xa0, load/draw the compressed sprite, then switch back to the 0x80 sprite sheet. for some reason loading the sprite into 0xa0 overwrites sprites at the same position in 0x80, which is my main issue here. if anyone has advice or help id appreciate, i understand its a new feature so its not as well documented just yet.

copying sprites from video memory to 0x8000 (this is done in _init):

memcpy(0x8000,0x0,0x2000)
poke(0x5f54,0x80)
poke(0x5f5c,255)

loading sprite data from string into 0xa000 (this is called sometimes during _update within a decoding function):

poke(0x5f54,0xa0) --load 0xa000 memory
--buncha stuff that loads decompressed sprite
for i=0,4096do
	sset(slot*64+i%64,64+i\64,0)

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=149955#p)
5 comments

Cart #splode_em_up-2 | 2024-06-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Splode 'Em Up

Destroy rascally missiles n' bombs with incredibly powerful countermeasures: balloons! Balloons 'splode enemies on impact, but not only that, each different color balloon has a unique special ability.

Explosition

You play Recty, a sentient rectangle with an incredible ability to spawn balloons ad infinitum. Recty hates missiles n' bombs and likes to 'splode as many as possible all the time. It's literally all he ever does.

Gameplay

• Move Recty (the rectangle at the bottom of the screen) left and right.
  • Release balloons to try and hit the missiles n' bombs. You can only have one balloon out at a time.
  • While you have a balloon, you can pivot it left or right, or even have it float up more quickly.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #kmojiworo-0 | 2024-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It's a weird little tool that scribbles!

That's it!

0 comments

Cart #gitahosada-0 | 2024-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #trilateral-0 | 2024-06-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->