BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #unfinishedbusiness-1 | 2024-06-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

TLDR

Help other ghosts reach the afterlife in a creepy, old mansion while being hunted by Ghostists

Unfinished Business

This game was created for the MicroJam 15, I also released it on Itch.io It placed 5th out of 87.

Ever wondered what it is like to become a ghost? You've worked as a Ghostist your whole life-but this one last job flips your world on it's head.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #mehcartridge-0 | 2024-06-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Oh no! you are stuck in a forest. You see there are 4 rooms in front of you. You must take shelter in one of the rooms and survive the night against the wolves. Which one will be the safe option? Well, you need to find out which one is safe by talking to the rooms. (Totally realistic.) beware! some rooms may lie...

Controls:

• < and > for movement. (not the symbols. the arrow keys.)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

I've been having issues getting custom buttons for my controller working on RetroPie. I usually prefer having the O button on the bottom and the X button to the right and that's what it is on a desktop but they are flipped on the RetroPie. I've been following a few tutorials and they all say to make a sdl_controllers.txt file and edit it from there but it doesn't look like it changes the controls. I put them all to the same button and the controls were the same as usual. Has anyone been able to change the buttons?

9 comments

Cart #wwodorfe-0 | 2024-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first PICO-8 game.
Source: https://github.com/jwnukoski/PICO-8-Workspace/tree/main/shmup

0 comments

Cart #yihudekafu-0 | 2024-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is the game I am currently working on for a game jam!

0 comments

Cart #little_space_shooter-0 | 2024-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

a little first pico-8 game !

3 comments

Cart #zuhesofeye-0 | 2024-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Collect coins. As many as you can. This is my first game. I tried to clone the game from the captcha.

0 comments

Cart #wutewuwiho-1 | 2024-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

hi @zep! This cart should not error, but it does (pico8 0.2.6b / linux)

-- wrap everything in func _init to fix it
--function _init()

--uncomment this to fix it
--poke(0,0)

--make this local to fix it
coro = cocreate(function()
  -- uncomment this to fix it
-- local x=1
  for i=0,32000 do
    -- flr() is arbitary here; it's

[ [size=16][color=#ffaabb] [ Continue Reading.. ] [/color][/size] ](/bbs/?pid=149328#p)
1 comment

Cart #redy-0 | 2024-06-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You are RedGuy.
Collect mushrooms to dash [Z].
You can dash into enemies to give yourself some room.

Survive.

3 comments

blog post for early development process: https://medium.com/@getpexlabs/pex-labs-building-my-own-game-console-for-pico-8-48a87d7cd404

Hey all! I'm working on a handheld console for PICO-8 with support for physical cartridges! If you like what you are seeing you can join the waitlist (https://pex-labs.com/) and hop on our discord (https://discord.gg/KzFn8Vb4qw) to stay updated on development!

• pinosaur
3 comments

Cart #jawujekobu-0 | 2024-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

This is the editor for Tiny Hawk!: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=142536

Cart #tinyhawk_editor-1 | 2024-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Instructions

This is very much a developer tool and not optimized for ease of use!! However, these are the controls...

Number keys 1,2,3,4,5,6: Change tile groups. 1 = basic blocks, 2 = ramps, 3 = rails, 4 = quarter pipes, 5 = special objects, 6 = floor decorations

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #picout8-23 | 2024-06-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello there, fellow gamer! Thank you for coming to try out my first official Pico-8 release. Picout is reminiscent of the old-school Breakout game, but a little more fast-paced and with a colorful, modern twist.

Controls

Left/Right - move paddle
X button/keyboard X - continue
O button/keyboard C - activate magnet

Tips

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Is it possible to fill in vector graphics?

Is there a way to fill in something like this bird shape?
It is currently drawn using line().

Cart #vector_bird-0 | 2024-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

9 comments

Cart #tinyhawk-2 | 2024-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

CONTROLS

Left/Right: Turn

X: Ollie. Hold to accelerate, release to ollie (jump)

Down: Slow down

Up: Hold to transfer over a quarter-pipe. (In rare cases, you can also use it to accelerate but not prepare an ollie)

Z/C: Trick. Press to grind a rail or ledge, use directional keys to do various tricks! See this trick list at any time in the menu during gameplay.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

13 comments

Cart #summit_1-0 | 2024-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

7 comments

Cart #cosmomambo-3 | 2024-06-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

5 comments

Cart #walktothespot-0 | 2024-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is Walk To The Spot. A game where you (our glorious hero)... walk to the spot. And then you walk to the next one. And the next one. Until the random explosions kill you.

The more spots you walk to, the higher your score. Can you get the new high score? There is only one way to find out...

You've got to walk to the spot!

Controls

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #trollinoid-0 | 2024-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

(Sorry for double posting, i cant delete blog post)
--A little off-topic:

Greetings, great people! Some of you might remember that i made a post crying about how i dont get 3d. Some of you gave me a lot of great advise, which i followed. Howerver, i still could get it really until near current time. So here it is, somewhat modified Zep's dots3d demo. Maybe i be not that smart anyway.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #spacegrappler-0 | 2024-05-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->