All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

A little tool to search for unusual map dimensions and sprite tradeoff

Cart #map_tradeoff-0 | 2024-05-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

@zep This maybe isn't a bug, but it feels very weird to me:

cls()
if (1)<2 print"a"
print"b"

this prints a b, but I would expect a syntax error instead -- the condition is "1<2" but the if-shorthand parens are only surrounding the 1, instead of the whole condition.

(if you change it to if (1)<0 then it only prints "b", which verifies that the condition isn't being interpreted as just if (1) or something like that)

oh, and my system is pico8 0.2.6b / linux

0 comments

Cart #kizudegizu-0 | 2024-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Title screen music from the NES game Wizards & Warriors. Original was by the great David Wise.

2 comments

Just need some solutions.

0 comments

Cart #ball_bouncer-0 | 2024-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple arcade game made with only 500 characters for TweetTweetJam 9.

Use the left and right arrows to move the paddle. Press X to restart.

Score points by bouncing balls on the paddle, with consecutive bounces scoring more points. The game ends after 60 seconds.

Also available on

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #down_the_tunnel-0 | 2024-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A fun little song and visualization. Enjoy!

3 comments

Cart #patched-0 | 2024-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You're a game tester playing this game you got from someone.
Make sure there aren't any bugs or glitches in the way. If there is, click on it!
Defeat the bloby things to score points. And make it to the right side (without any bugs or glitches) to spawn more.
You REALLY need to pay attention.

1 comment

I've tried specifying the channel but didnt change anything.
My sound is definetly working, the volume on the sfx's notes are higher than 0 and I can hear the statup bleeps from Pico-8.
BUT THE MUSIC DOESNT PLAY

4 comments

Cart #asteroiddestroyer500-1 | 2024-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A Submission for TweetTweetJam 9. (500 Characters of Code Jam)
Control:
Arrow Keys - Move
X - Speed up yourself
O - Slow yourself but damage Asteroids
Itch.IO Page

0 comments

Cart #nekehehehe-3 | 2024-05-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little version update to optimize the show actor count
Fix the Ball show state error

3 comments

Cart #evolvingants-0 | 2024-05-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a very basic implementation of a genetic algorithm, partly inspired by this Code Bullet video, with a few additions to improve the evolution speed and reliability. It's nothing fancy, but I found it fun to experiment with, so I thought I'd share it.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Hey pico 8 community. I recently started making some demos and carts for myself and my friends. Although I have been struggling with collisions. Most tutorials use fget and mget. I want to use them, although I don't understand the parameters that are used.
I am not looking for a one size fits all code. I am just looking for a explanation for how they work, and what the parameters are used for and how they work in functions.

Thank you :D
-BEiNg139

1 comment

Hi @zep!

pico8 0.2.6b / linux:

cls()
if (false)?1 --hi
print(2)
print(3)

expected output: 2 3
actual output: 3

Here's an altered version that works as expected:

cls()
if (false)?1
print(2)
print(3)

(this prints 2 3, as expected)

3 things seem required to trigger this bug:

1. shorthand if
  2. shorthand print on the same line
  3. !! further text after the shorthand print (" --hi", in this example. but just a single trailing space triggers the bug too)

When these are all true, the next line seems to get scooped up into the shorthand line. This can include attaching an else to the wrong if, like in this more complicated example:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #hookd-1 | 2024-05-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

first game I've worked on inside of pico-8, can't wait to keep working on it!

1 comment

Title says it all.
I'm making a horizontal scrolling game with a map 32 screen wide and 1 screen tall, and with the player using extra colors different from the enemy colors. (enemies can't be over or under the player).
For this, I'm using screen rotation, but now I can't use print to display text any more as it appears rotated.
Has anyone already implemented a 90° rotated print function ?

6 comments

Hi, I encountered a waveform corruption bug while trying to move SFX as part of a multi-composer collaboration project.

On version 0.2.6B

Reproduction steps:

1) Make a custom waveform in SFX 0
2) Make in SFX 1 make a sequence using SFX 0
3) Make in SFX 2 make a sequence using SFX 0
4) Move (cut and paste) SFX 0 to SFX 4
5) Move (cut and paste) SFX 1 to SFX 5
6) Move (cut and paste) SFX 2 to SFX 6
7) Check SFX 4, the data will be corrupted

It seems that this can happen with other combinations but this is the procedure that caused the bug to happen and is reproducible on a fresh cart.

The corruption seem to be an inversion of the sign of alternating sample of some sections of the wave

1 comment

Cart #xhive-4 | 2024-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Xhive is a single stage retro Shoot 'em up. You control a spaceship across a procedurally generated scrolling level and try to destroy various enemies to get the highest score.

Mission

The origin of the hostile aliens has been found. Your job is to fly into the xeno hive with one of the best combat spaceship and kill everything.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

14 comments

Cart #starstriker-2 | 2024-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #starstriker-0 | 2024-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

We definitely need an option to download carts in splore. I bought this for my steam deck expecting the standalone app to be, well, standalone. I have to reboot my whole system to access the web browser and file explorer needed to download and add carts. It's very frustrating that such an essential feature was ignored. I doubt there's any chance for a refund, so I guess I'll just have to beg for features that should have been included from the start. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll be added in less than a year. It's only been 9 so far..

Maybe this is overly salty, but it's very frustrating that an implied feature isn't actually present when it's the whole reason I paid for the standalone app in the first place. Buyer beware I guess...

4 comments

Cart #mamono_pico_fix-0 | 2024-05-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A bug fix version of mamono pico by @65c02
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=128341

Fixed :

• crashing at end of levels
  • impossible to win levels
  • not dying when killed by a monster that would have made you level up

Remaining known bugs :

• you can mark a monster even after killing it, and this can disable showing the red number of the monster

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->