BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #donarumobraingames-0 | 2024-04-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to Brain Games. A collection of puzzles and game to test our logic and puzzle-solving skills. Take your time and have fun in these 6 different games.

Jumps
Use peg solitaire rules to solve these puzzles. Use one chip to jump over another and remove the jumped chip from the board. The puzzles get more difficult as the levels get higher! Can you get the board down to one chip?

Dice
Can you get all the dice to the six face? These puzzles start out easy but increase in difficult as you level up. You'll need to use Rubik's Cube like logic to solve the more complex levels.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Mate-in-2 Volume 2. 33 more puzzles. White to move.

Cart #matein2vol2-0 | 2024-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #stellae-0 | 2024-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a Space Invaders clone that I was making some time last year. Maybe I'll continue with the project.

0 comments

Cart #rfidezaro-0 | 2024-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

2 comments

Cart #picojoe-0 | 2024-04-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls:

Movement

Shooting

Interactions

About :

Pico joe is a remake of the classic video game Communist joe created to celebrate its 5 year anniversary a bit later than I would have liked. The story is a retelling / retexturizing of the original, following the protagonist joe through the events of the first game in a new light chasing after an ever better bottle of sweet, sweet vodka, destroying planet after planet collecting bounty after bounty and building up a stack of cash bigger than the Eiffel tower just to endorse your habits, you must fight your way to the top and ensure the universes safety whilst your there, good luck and what not.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Due to how tabs are saved in the .p8 file format, they can cause overflows into the sprite sheet. Each tab is saved as 6 characters in the .p8 file. However, those are not counted as part of the character limit until the cart is run or saved. If you have a cart that has multiple tabs and is at or just below the character limit, trying to run or save the cart will cause part of the code to overflow into the sprite sheet before giving an error, either "**** save failed ****" when saving or "program exceeds char limit" when running. In testing I've also had Pico-8 completely crash when trying to run a cart whose tabs push it over the character limit, but I was unable to replicate this.

(pico-8 version 0.2.6b)

The best way to solve this in my eyes, is to have each added tab of code add 6 to the character count in the code editor. That way, in the same way it's impossible to type over the character limit, it'd also be impossible to have tabs push over the character limit and overflow into the sprite sheet.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Hi, i have come across pico 8 recently and messed around with the edu version. But today i remembered that like 3 years ago i bougt the full thing, i still got all of the files (i found them on my laptop) and it works on my new pc. But i wanted to run pico 8 games on my miyoo mini + (this little linux handheld). There is an emulator for it but its not the best in quality. Oh, and i created this account now becasue i didin't have one, there is no emails from lexaloffle on any of my gmail accounts with the purchase code or something like that. Can anyone help?

3 comments

Cart #turiyotuke-0 | 2024-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About:

This is a small demo for a platformer / speedrun game. This started out as some introductory practice for game dev, but it ended up turning into a whole level. While very unfinished (there's not even music yet!) it's in a playable enough state that I've found it pretty fun to speedrun. Feedback is very much appreciated!

Goal:

There's a finish line at the bottom of the stage; try and reach it as fast as possible! There are doors on the way down that need keys to pass, so try not to miss them as you make you way around. Remember, if you want a fresh start, you can always go back to the beginning by holding the Down key for a few seconds.

Controls:

X - Jump
Z - Slam / Spin

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #conveyor-2 | 2024-04-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first ever Pico-8 game!
In Conveyor, you play as a little robot that cannot move except for clinging to the conveyor belts above or below you.
Avoid the obstacles, hang on, and persevere!

Controls:
UP - cling to belt
DOWN - sit on belt
X - restart level
Z - begin game

There are options in the menu to mute the music and sfx.

I developed this game in part on my twitch stream!
Lately we've been doing a bit of stumbling around in Picotron, come hang out!

Zeflyn on Twitch!

Thanks for playing!

UPDATE #conveyor-2 : Fixed bug that allowed for infinite respawns on final game screen.

5 comments

Descender

Cart #descender-0 | 2024-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Story

Descender is a pico-rogue adventure into the Pico Ruins, the entrance of which was found underneath the ground behind a small house in a small village.

Rumors have been stirring in the town inn of great treasures found within. The ruins are calling your name!

Controls

D-Pad

Use the d-pad to move around and navigate menus.

Start Button

The Start button will enable the Pause Menu. Here you can disable the music amongst other Pico-8 options.

X Button

Hold the X button to ready an arrow. Push a direction on the d-pad while holding the button to adjust your aim. Release to fire the arrow.

Hold the X button and simultaneously press the O button to skip a turn and force the enemy to move.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #somesunrisething-1 | 2024-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first project.
Just a nice background with sun on the back.
Inspired by Pico&Chill.

0 comments

Cart #doors_quest_demake-0 | 2024-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Content Warning: Contains violent themes and alcohol consumption.

Hello! This is my first Pico-8 release. It is a demake of Doors Quest Demo, a game I released 6 years ago that was originally made with GameMaker Studio 2.

You gotta go through the door if you wanna win the game. There's just one thing more, you'll need a key to open the door. So you should go through that door and read the words hidden inside. What are you waiting for? I'm just gonna keep typing about the door.

And now's the part where I thank you for playing my weird little game. Thank you.

0 comments

The mouse cursor will no longer be visible.
(I also noticed that GIFs were not output properly.)

This phenomenon has been observed in previous versions.
Restarting with the reboot command does not fix the problem, so you need to exit the application once.

The situation when I was checking

• Multiple pico8s were running (other mice were normal)
  • The editor was running for a long time
  • I was using stat() to get the mouse.
  • Sprite sheet was copied from another cart by reload
1 comment

Cart #cotg-0 | 2024-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A little game for the 1-bit jam. You are a priest for the church of the goat.

Use X/Z to shoot and arrows to move. Use your spell to transform all the animals into goats, the true sacred animal.
Do it 6 times perfectly in a row to do a super spell!

3 comments

hello,

So Im making a kinda rpg-topdown-engine-game-thing and I want to have the function for the player to collide with other players. so it looks like this:

But here is the problem!
You see, the player checks if the tile he is about to go to is a wall or another player, if so he goes back (doesn't move). seems ok, right?
NO
players are stored in a big table players={} and the checking process is done in a foreach loop. So when the player below moves up, he sees that there is someone above, he doesn't move, but the upper one moves. Its hard to explain look:

did you see it? when I pressed down only the bottom player moved. Because the upper one (index 1) checks first and sees that there is a player below him, no move. then the bottom one checks and moves.
How can I fix this?

If you have any questions for the code or the game feel free to ask.
Thanks for taking your time to read this :)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Cart #sqr-0 | 2024-04-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

4 comments

Cart #hybris_demake_beta1-2 | 2024-05-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hybris Demake (beta.3)

Bazooka Luca demakes Die drei Muskeltiere's "Hybris - Pride goes before a Fall"

work in progress

CHECK OUT THE ORIGINAL AT itch.io

[16x16]

Hybris Demake (beta.2)

Cart #hybris_demake_beta1-1 | 2024-04-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #ld55-1 | 2024-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

WIP Post-Jam Ludum Dare 55 - "Summoning"

⬅️ to move wizard left

➡️ to move wizard right

❎ (or x) to shoot your magic

😈 Zap the devils before they get to your level!

🔥 Avoid the fireballs, your magic is powerless against them.

Go for the high score!

0 comments

Cart #supernova-0 | 2024-04-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made another!
Its a SUPERNOVA.
i was bored.
i had some extra time,
so BOOM
i made this!
enjoy!

2 comments

Cart #kowutgore-0 | 2024-04-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA