Cart #external_log-0 | 2024-04-05 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

ExternalLog
A basic Log window that can be used with any windowed cart
Running this will open a readme.txt with this same text in it
Look inside to find the actual ExternalLog.lua file
Also see 'Example.lua' to see how to use this

Simple Usage

1. Place ExternalLog.lua into the same directory as your main.lua
  2. Inlcude the ExternalLog.lua file with: include("ExternalLog.lua")
  3. Call ExternalLogWindow() in _init()
  4. Call Log("Hello World") to add a log message

Other Features
PassPrintToLog():
Call this in _init to be able to use print() to send Log messages
(you can also pass 'false' as a parameter to disable regular printing)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #ac-0 | 2024-04-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is one of the collection of simple games based on different genres, this one is action, hello, this is a translator, thanks for watching my game, it took me 4 days, I'm new and I hope to improve, thank you

0 comments

tbh I'm trying to program a digital oracle deck of cards for personal use, and I can't seem to find a way to code for "picking card(s)" without doubles. Maybe with some keyboard entry for indicating the program to choose x items from the randomized array.

2 comments

version: 0.1e

How to reproduce:

• run following code
a=vec(1,2,3)
b=vec(1,2,3)
print(0.5*(a+b))
  • picotron crashes to deskop with:

Exception thrown at 0x004A231E in picotron.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Workaround #1:

a=vec(1,2,3)
b=vec(1,2,3)
print((a+b):mul(0.5))

Workaround #2:

a=vec(1,2,3)
b=vec(1,2,3)
print((a+b) * 0.5)
0 comments

Cart #bubblesgopop-0 | 2024-04-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Bubbles go pop

Some small game I made in like a few hours. Just popping some bubbles.

Note: I haven't tested on mobile, but I consider a mouse to be necessary for the best experience.

Edit: It is actually slightly more Fun on mobile. As long as you don't drag.

0 comments

Bouncy Ball

Cart #bouncyball-3 | 2024-05-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

v3 2024-05-14:

• skarrmann hidden palette added
  • increased chance of seeing secret unlockables

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall."
    - Mitch Hedberg

Game Guide

It takes a steady paddle...

The paddle imparts its speed on the ball, so keep it steady or use this to your advantage to control the ball.. if you can keep up with it!

Modifiers

Modifiers will refresh along the back wall every 5 bounces. Some will give you an advantage, others a disadvantage. Be careful what you land on!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

@zep It would be hugely helpful if we had a -home [path] commandline parameter for Picotron. I'll describe how I currently have it set up for PICO-8, so you can see how it would be helpful for Picotron:

> Computer lab environment, with each computer having Google Drive installed. (Installing Google Drive locally is like Dropbox, but for Google Drive. Basically gives you a G-Drive on your computer that is direct local access to your Google Drive files and folders, so you can, say, save directly from Notepad into your Google Drive.)
>
> PICO-8 is installed on each computer, but the desktop shortcut to launch PICO-8 uses the -home commandline parameter to point the home folder to c:\pico8 instead of the user's profile folder. Inside c:\pico8 are folder symlinks for carts and images that point to corresponding folders in G:\My Drive\pico8. Then the c:\pico8\config.txt points desktop_path and root_path to ./images and ./carts, respectively.
>
> This means no matter which computer they use, c:\pico8\carts always points to their carts folder in their G-Drive. And because their carts are saved to the cloud, they're not locked to using a specific computer and they can even access carts from home.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Over a week or so in late March and early April, we've been working on instrument.txt - a detailed (~4.6k words) guide to Picotron's built-in instrument editor, designed for musicians who have Picotron but know nothing about synthesizer sound design. In this guide (currently version 2.0) (html version, web version), we:

• Detail the Picotron instrument editor UI;
  • Explain how each element - output mixer, oscillators, envelopes, and effects - works; and
  • Guide you through putting this to practice by making a series of simple instruments, including organ sounds, 'piano' sounds, kick drums, snare(-adjacent) drums, and cymbals and hi hats.

If you've been wanting to play with Picotron's tracker but not known how to make it work, we hope this sets you up to make lots of sounds.

Changelog

2.0:

• added info on the space bar halt-sound control and the random and looping envelope options.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

9 comments

Guide to Making a Picosite:

0 comments

Cart #teapot-0 | 2024-04-05 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

From the Piconet Explorer

1 comment

Cart #rest_in_pyrite-2 | 2023-11-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

--- CONTROLS ---
Arrow keys to walk
C to jump
X to grapple (in goblin mode)
X to float (in ghost mode)

--- STORY ---
You are a greedy goblin looking for some gold in a dungeon. Unfortunately, the Evil Spirit of the Dungeon™ has cursed all of the gold so that whoever steals it becomes a ghost. There is a catch though: if you bring the gold back to the chest at the beginning of the level, you become alive again somehow!

Use your goblin grappling hook and ghostly floating abilities to make your way to the gold and back!

--- MAKING OF ---
This game was made by two people (ooooggll and Ummmm_ok) way back in October, for a game jam in a game design class. The jam lasted roughly 3 weeks I think. As a result, some features in the game might feel incomplete as we had to get it done by the deadline.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

7 comments

I’m definitely not a professional programmer, albeit having a bachelors degree in information management.
So… is there anything that I can improve onto my ddate cart?
I think that I can add a “hand of Eris” in ascii with no problem.

1 comment

Cart #imagecompress-0 | 2024-04-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Image...

So I wanted to make PicoChat (from picotron), but with images.
The limit of chars you can send is 256, so that means a 16x16 image with colors.
This method can send a two color image with 32x32. Im not sure if anyone has ever done this.
The way it works is simple, you have a table with 16 combinations of a 1x4 field. Each one has a index.
then the first four pixels are checked for a combination and assigned a index from the table, you can decode it in the same way. I planning to implement it to PicoChat.

you can use this for anything, have a nice day :)

0 comments

Cart #crystal_ball-0 | 2024-04-05 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made a silly little crystal ball that you can ponder. Rub it to receive answers from the void.
I like to mount mine in the tooltray so I can rub it in the middle of a difficult coding problem.
Have fun!

2 comments

Cart #matrix_screensaver-1 | 2024-04-09 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

"The image translators work for the construct program - but there's way too much information to decode the Matrix.

You get used to it. I don't even see the code - all I see is blonde, brunette, redhead..."

Changelog:

• Characters are now sprites more resembling matrix code
  • Characters fade out more smoothly
3 comments

Cart #hllowrld-0 | 2024-04-04 | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #hllowrld-0 | 2024-04-04 | Embed ▽ | No License

my first cart in picotron! jelpi is coming soon.
(ported hello.p8 from pico8 using p8x8)

2 comments

When I call map(), only the top layer is drawn. How do I draw all the layers at once? It doesn't seem like there is any parameter to change which layers to draw, but maybe I just haven't figured out which parameter it is.

4 comments

Can anyone tell me what’s the code for making a single image (from converted png) into a static wallpaper?

5 comments

Cart #sonar_screensaver-2 | 2024-04-04 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple screen saver.

Installation

1. type load #sonar_screensaver in terminal
  2. save to /appdata/system/screensavers/
  3. select in system settings
0 comments

Cart #universe-0 | 2024-04-04 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my best screensaver yet! (web version could run slow, also not recommended with low battery)
Just type load #universe in the terminal and you're good to go!

I don't really know how I did this, I just work with what I already did and tweak it up.
If somebody cares one day I could make some videos explaining my process.

I'll update it in the next days to improve the performance.
Some feedback is always appreciated :1 (a new emoticon I just created)

How to install

1) Head to the terminal and type in: load #universe
2) Then save it into /appdata/system/screensavers/
3) Now from settings you can choose this screensaver!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->