BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #catforestadventure11-4 | 2024-03-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Become a cat and journey through the forest. Thank you to Dylan Bennett for his Top-down adventure game tutorial that gave me a strong foundation.

9 comments

Cart #rainbow_rays-9 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

5 comments

Cart #snakeout-21 | 2024-03-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

You ever think of a title first and work backwards?

Breakout + Snake. Bounce around, eat apples, don't hit your tail, or if you do ... dodge.

Sounds are from Gruber's rad SFX pack. I have a little bit more planned, but happy to have any feedback in the meantime.

14 comments

Cart #kipakedino-0 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #moragridshift-0 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi! I'm Moracan! I've been playing around with PICO-8 for around 2 years now, and today I finally released the "full" version of my game: Grid Shift!

Grid Shift is my version of a pretty popular logic puzzle named Towers, also known as Skyscrapers. This digital version of that puzzle includes randomly generated puzzles, customizable board sizes (1x1 to 6x6), a hint system to help newcomers to Towers and graphics that aren't simply numbers, they're numbers on towers. With color!

You can go to the Itch.io page for more info.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #zurayarobi-0 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #yedapadaye-0 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

BIRD

This is my first Pico-8 game.

Cart #bird_and_spikes_2-1 | 2024-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

It's based on a popular mobile game.

0 comments

Cart #jepajawoti-0 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Basic box collisions. Colors flip when boxes collide.

0 comments

Cart #sonoranrattlesnake-1 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Sonoran rattlesnake

In development

Classic snake game with power-ups.

How to play.

• Use the arroys keys to set a direction.
  • Use x button to dig.

Fruits

[8x8]
Effects: N/A
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #thinevoidbeckons-2 | 2024-03-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Thine Void Beckons

Protect yourselves with demonic entities to thieve a prize.

You have entered a void of your own creation in search of a dark and terrible prize. However, it 👁️ seeks you, and you have a limited amount of time before it 👁️ finds you. Collect entities, and use the shrines located in the void to empower them in an effort to survive an encounter with it 👁️. All you can do is wait while your entities do battle. If you survive... the prize shall be yours.

—————————————————————————————————————————

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #tweet_5-1 | 2024-03-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

this is only this, check it out on itch...

Colors!

So basically I joined the NOKIA 3310 JAM 6 a few days ago (no pong).
Some of the restrictions you had where the two classic greenish Nokia colors, but the problem was that Pico 8 doesn't have those colors. Lucky for us Pancelor had left us very helpful and detailed instructions, where he covered a buch of thing like changing the thumnail/colors/resolution etc.. Thanks man :)
You should check it out yourself as well nokia html template by pancelor

• So Export your game like this "export Your_game.html"

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #top_down_engine-1 | 2024-03-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

hello this is my first cartridge it took a while to learn how to code but overall i'm proud of it please feel free to copy the code and use it for your own top down game again this is my first cart in fact it's my first time coding ever if you don't like it i'm sorry

CONTROLS:
O: dash right
X: dash left
arrow keys: basic movement

PS: the smiley face's name is bob

2 comments

hello this is my first cartridge it took a while to learn how to code but overall i'm proud of it please feel free to copy the code and use it for your own top down game again this is my first cart in fact it's my first time coding ever if you don't like it i'm sorry

CONTROLS:
O: dash right
X: dash left
arrow keys: basic movement

PS: the smiley face's name is bob

2 comments

Yo @zep! I think I had a decent brainwave! And I think it's a good bang-for-buck in terms of using existing functionality to get something really useful.

How hard would it be to add a command to the command prompt that simply does what #include does at runtime, i.e. executes some external PICO-8-compatible Lua in the current runtime environment?

For instance, I could load @Mot's cool variable inspector, which is a live, ephemeral dev/debug tool, without having to cut and paste the code in three parts into the command line manually:

> #include inspector.lua
loading inspector.lua
> dinsp(myvar)
[debugging intensifies]

I think #include or even include might be a bit cumbersome for something a dev might want to type often, though. I thought of other alternatives like `import, but I think use might be the shortest verb that still makes sense in the context of an ephemeral-use tool. If we combine that short keyword with functionality that automatically tries to append .lua, that really cuts down the typing necessary at runtime:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #palette-3 | 2024-03-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello Everyone,

I’m a beginner programmer, and I just submitted my first game, Palette!🎨

Palette is a simple puzzle game🧩.
You’ll land in the middle of a colorful, filled canvas.
Each time you move, the tiles you land on will dynamically change color according to a pre-defined sequence that is visible to you.

Controls

Controls are simple, juste move your character with ⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ !

Game mode

Quick Play

In Quick Play mode, you’ll land on a randomly filled canvas. Your objective is to create rows and/or columns of the same color as long as possible. *The longer the line, the higher your score will be.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

6 comments

i live pcio 8

0 comments

This is my first cart posted on bbs!
its a simple demo where you draw with the arrow keys and clear the screen with O.

Cart #picoetchasketch-0 | 2024-03-04 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

4 comments

Here is my cover of a spooky graveyard theme from computer games of yore!

Click the spoiler for changes...

(9/5/24)

I've decided to revisit this song. It's slower now, and the arrangement was adjusted a bit. Hope you like it!

I've actually had this song kicking around for a bit. I finally decided to to add some artwork and unleash it upon the community!

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

First one to guess where this song is from gets a virtual cookie!

Cart #graveyard-1 | 2024-09-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Hi !
I'm a happy owner of a Pico-8 licence and a happy owner of an RG35XX handeld game console.
So. Is there any legal and efficient way to run Pico-8 on my beautiful RG35XX game console ?

1 comment

Top    Load More Posts ->