BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #goatdemo-0 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

NOTE: This is an early version of the game created for playtesting purposes. There's no sound effects or music yet, but planning to add them later. The name of the game is temporary.

Poor Goat was very unlucky to fall and land on the top of a haunted tower. A tower that will try to kill her with all its means.

Help Goat to survive by charging rocks and trees and dodging dangerous spiky trees and fire balls. Watch out for Goat's stamina level (pink top bar) as she runs out of energy quickly. Recharge her batteries by picking up stamina balls. Use super power when you're in trouble or run out of energy. Can you get to the end?

Controls

• Arrow keys: move & charge objects
  • X: use super power / confirm
8 comments

Cart #pipefish1-0 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

How to play

Select tower with X
Place tower with mouse, can only place on clear grass

You are defending a castle from the snakes, they have recruted ghosts to help them. Place towers to defeat the snake army, the towers you place are expensive and last only 10 seconds.

0 comments

Try to beat my Score on Hallowneste!
The game:
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=113914#p

1 comment

Cart #packbats_laser_rot-0 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This PICO-8 chiptune was composed for the 2024 PICO-8 Free Music Jam. It uses three channels - bass and bass percussion on channel 0, melody and mid percussion on channel 1, and high percussion on channel 2 - and requires 16 SFX and 24 music patterns, no custom SFX instruments. The full loop is approximately 1 minute 16 seconds long. You can probably interrupt the high percussion on channel 2 if you need a second channel for sound effects.

This piece of music is being released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. Visualizers are provided by Bikibird's album cart. The cover art is based on the image

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #feathered_escape_bas2-5 | 2024-04-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Feathered Escape

Soar to freedom in Feathered Escape, a platformer where you, as a trapped bird, navigate challenging environments, overcoming obstacles and adversaries to reclaim the open skies.

Controls

• ⬅️ and ➡️ to move left or right.
  • ⬆️ to execute a wall or ceiling run.
  • ⬇️ to descend without sliding on a platform.
  • [X] or [Z] to jump.

Scores

• A+: Complete in 4 or fewer minutes, collecting all the fruits, and with 0 deaths.
  • A: Complete in 5 or fewer minutes, collecting all the fruits.
  • B: Complete in 15 or fewer minutes.
  • C: Complete in 20 or fewer minutes.
  • D: Complete in 30 or fewer minutes.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

50 comments

Dear users,

I've watch tutorials about creating a selfcontained PICO-8 desktop by using raspberry pi zero and raspberry pi 3. :-) I've tried to use the same procedure on my raspberry pi zero 2 W, but it won't work. And since I haven't succeeded to find tutorials about that subject by using a raspberry pi zero 2 W, I hope some of U can help.

-Does anyone have any suggesting how to make it work on a raspberry pi zero 2 W?

Kind regards
Johnny

7 comments

Cart #isc1p8game-1 | 2024-02-25 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Description

A small accurate platformer in which you have a far wall jump. Many of the codes are based on the source code of Classic Celeste. My friend Staffhook named each level and helped me a lot in making levels.

Controls

Arrow keys and C.

5 comments

Inspired by the coding train video where he makes a falling sand game in JS. https://youtu.be/L4u7Zy_b868?si=YdIuL0No-k8LfCeD

It was fun to try my hand at it. I didn't include everything he did due to the processing limitation of the pico 8. But you can edit the code to change the size of the sand.

Cart #hogojofof-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

1 comment

Cart #proto_1-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi, I bought PICO-8 a month ago and started working on this first project.This is terrible so far, but I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to continue. But I decided to share what I've been working on so far.

For the time being, I would like to study PICO-8 and Lua. And then I would like to continue this project or start something new.
I hope to make a decent shmup someday.

0 comments

Cart #blackjackbykoval-2 | 2024-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Full release, featuring Split functionality.
I intend to do bugfixes and maybe add sounds later.
Added "Shiva Mode": on title screen hold down+A to start game in "Shiva Mode", which gives you ability to split even if cards don't match.

0 comments

Cart #satepamaho-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

0 comments

Cart #megataxan-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

my first game

2 comments

Cart #punchnstuff-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first full project in pico-8!

This is a little beat 'em up that showcases a weapon-pickup mechanic. You have a punch for an unarmed attack, but when you equip a weapon the stats of your attack change. Find your weapon of choice and use it to beat all 3 levels AND all 3 boss battles! The last level will loop back to the first level so the game can continue infinitely; this allows players to bring their favorite weapon to any and every level for a variety of experiences.

Weapon List

Unarmed
[8x8]

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Cart #bombjack-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

Titles

• X - Start 1 Player
  • O (Z on keyboard) - Start 2 Player Co-Op

Game

• X - Jump
    • The longer you hold when moving up, the higher the jump
    • Hold when falling to glide
    • Press Up when jumping to perform a "power" jump
    • Press Down when jumping to end jump and hold Down to fall faster

The Game

Collecting the bombs in order (a fuse is lit after you collect the first bomb) can provide huge end-of-level bonuses.

When the bonus meter is full, a power-ball will be released, turning all enemies temporarily into coins.

In 2 Player mode, if one player dies, the remaining player will have a chance of collecting a "heart" coin on the next level to bring them back to life.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments

Cart #squish-0 | 2024-02-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

The distribution URL is here!
https://bitchunk.itch.io/pelogen2

What tools?

PELOGEN2 is a 3D modeling tool created on PICO-8.

Because it was created for such small specifications, it is not suitable for overly complex and large modeling.

In today's era of large-scale, detailed works, what would you create with this small-scale 3D modeling tool?

I think there is still value in being able to express creativity within limitations.
Even if it imitates something that exists in reality, it is precisely because it is low-poly that an unrealistic and creative world can be created.

Tutorials will be added to the devlog from time to time.

You may have questions about things you don't know about how to make or features. I would appreciate it if you could create a thread in that case. It's easy to deal with, and others can use it as a reference.

Features etc.

Data management

[ Continue Reading.. ]

2 comments

Cart #rafetawasi-0 | 2024-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made point collision instead box and works even better. You can see the points I used in the green box. Two yellow pixels for foot, four red pixels for the sides (2 left and 2 right) and two lime pixels for read. The green box is just a placeholder sprite sprite not a collision box
the advantage of this method is because is:

• easier to detect collision direction
  • easier to implement coyote jump
  • easier to implement trick to avoid hit the head against corners when try to jump
  • easier to say when is touching ground or wall or ceiling
1 comment

Cart #bugenorayi-0 | 2024-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is my first game for pico8.
If you try it out thanks for playing! :)

Controls :
left
right
z - shoot
x - confirm in menu

2 comments

Cart #ramdom-0 | 2024-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

kladblok

Cart #kladblok-1 | 2024-06-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Kladblok is a collection of small experiments that more often then not, don't look at all how I initially intended.
Maybe I will revisit it someday to add more, maybe I don't.
It's just a cart I add stuff to when I don't have the energy to work on something bigger. Or am just messing around.
And it might work as a bit of a draft library for background and particle effects.

Also some animations might be a bit flickery for some people.

Edit: Forgot to mention that aside from Flipping through the animations, you can also change the color palet using the up and down keys.

For the animations with a water-reflection, I may have stolen @drakeblue's code.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

3 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->