BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #starlessplantcleanup-1 | 2024-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Ancient war machines have been escaping the nearby ruins of a factory! It's now your job to clean up the remaining active robots for the safety of your people.

Boss Music by Mendica - https://www.youtube.com/@mendica
Everything else by me

2 comments

Cart #snake_battle-0 | 2024-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My second attempt at doing something in pico-8, just a small multiplayer snake clone that can be played against an AI or someone else

2 comments

normal mode

classic mode

1 comment

Cart #jipadtifa-0 | 2024-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #blockydemo-0 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Blocky demo

Demo of a game i am currently working on.

1 Player Controls:
Arrow keys to move, up to jump.

2 Player Controls:
S/F (or player2 controls) to move placement box, D to drop. (find controls in options in pause menu)

Placeholder mode changer in pause menu (press p or enter)

0 comments

Cart #nono_cdiffin-1 | 2024-01-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Yes! It’s a nonograms game!

A wholesome and satisfying puzzle game with 16 original 15x15 puzzles to complete!

Features!

• 16 puzzles of (roughly) increasing difficulty.
  • Puzzle progress autosave! Take a break, pick up where you left off.
  • Happy little sounds! (And the option to turn them off if it’s not your vibe.)

Controls

• D-Pad/Arrow Keys: Move cursor
  • 🅾️/🅰️/C key: Place brick
  • ❎/🅱️/X key: Place cross, clear space

Yes, yes… but what’s a nonogram?

If you’ve ever played a Picross, Pic-a-pix… you know the drill, have fun! If not, here’s the rules:

• Fill the grid with yellow bricks in the right combination to win!

[ Continue Reading.. ]

5 comments

Bubble Pop

Cart #bubblepop_1-0 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple ball catching game trying to capture the fun of blowing and catching bubbles in the backyard as dusk approaches.

My first ever pico-8 game created for and largely designed by my 3 and 5 yr olds. Thanks boys, this was fun!

Controls

Start / Game Over

❎ or ⭕ to start game

Game

➡️ blow a new bubble (if you have full bubble wand, increases score multiplier)
⬅️ move bubble wand left
⬆️ move bubble wand right

In game all controls are d-pad as my kids seemed to do better with fewer inputs.

Gameplay

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Got inspired by Devine and their work on letter detection. Went down a couple different paths, ended up with this (non-unique) idea of splitting up the alphabet into 4 parts, allowing for any letter in 3 or less dpad entries.

This is a prototype. Not sure how I'd want to allow for other punctuation, or numbers or even "done-ness" of entry. But it "works" enough for a quick show/prototype.

Cart #jipenaguji-0 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

I've been working on a little tweetcart so that I might have something to actually release while still at work on more ambitious projects.

I was able to get it down to 272 chars. It runs at 60fps.

Edit: Used up the last few characters fixing a bug, refining the decay and adding some slight interactivity. Some chars can probably be reclaimed by combining the loops somehow (and using goto instead) but I'll probably just leave it at this.

It starts slow and continues building over time. Enjoy!

Cart #tc_firedance-2 | 2024-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

3 comments

Cart #sekoyijipu-0 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I started this game last year. I need to finish it.
There's no story yet. It was just artwork I came up with as I really want to build a platformer.
Also I hate how gingers are portrayed as bad guys in movies (as I am one - ginger I mean).

There's mean koalas... and yummy bananas...
There's also double jump.
And a song I got from the forums. I will credit the artist in the game as soon as I remember where I pulled it from.

[ THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ]

• Using bigger than 8x8 sprites
  • Using mulitple collision checks
  • Using tables
7 comments

Cart #blood_of_vladula-0 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

BLOOD OF VLADULA JR. is a 2D platformer inspired by the platformers on the Nintendo Game Boy system. Jump, run, bonk monsters on the head, and turn into a bat, through 8 different levels, including a final boss stage. Help Count Vladula jr. regain the respect of the monster community and defeat his arch-nemesis.

TRAILER

https://youtu.be/mBbwF4gRbHg?si=F1KzTXu2Mq8gTtHW
&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0">https://youtu.be/mBbwF4gRbHg?si=F1KzTXu2Mq8gTtHW
&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="400">

CONTROLS

ARROW KEYS - Move
Z - Jump/(mid-air)Bat form
X - Lift/Throw
P - Pause menu

Note: You can switch Z and X in the Pause menu.

HOW TO PLAY

Use the LEFT and RIGHT directional keys to run. Press Z to jump. Jump on a monster's head to knock them out. Jump on an unconscious monster to eliminate them, and they might drop a health point.

Approach an unconscious monster, and press X to lift them up. While holding a monster, press X again to throw them. If you throw them at another monster they will both be eliminated. Some monsters cannot be knocked out, but all monsters will perish if another monster is thrown at them.

While in mid-air, press and hold Z to turn into a bat. In bat form you can fly for a short time before turning back into vampire form. Releasing Z in bat form will turn you back into a vampire.

When positioned in front of a hanging chain, press UP to grab a hold of it. Then when holding on to the chain, press UP or DOWN to climb.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

18 comments

Cart #cheebo-3 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart #cheebo-2 | 2024-01-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Game Description:

Dive into the exciting world of "Trash Trek," a thrilling boat game where you play the role of an eco-warrior on a mission to clean up the ocean. Steer your boat through challenging waves, collecting trash to score points and help save marine life. Dodge obstacles like plastic bottles and boulders to keep your boat afloat and complete the mission within the time limit. Can you sail through the dangers, collect enough trash, and become the hero the ocean desperately needs?

Controls:

'X' Key: Rotate your boat to navigate through the waters and avoid obstacles.
Objective: Collect as much trash as possible to earn points and contribute to environmental conservation.
Time Limit: Complete your mission before time runs out. Keep an eye on the clock!
Prepare for an eco-friendly adventure in "Trash Trek" and show the world that you have what it

2 comments

Cart #jajawutiyi-6 | 2024-01-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is a game I started at the beginning of the 2023. I wanted to create something simple while learning PICO-8. As you can tell the game is not finished but I am working on completing it during the next few days. I code while at sea and that can be difficult to make progress while working.

There are still things missing. My biggest hurdle is to make the game feel balanced. Right now it is too easy.

[ THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ]

• Using bigger than 8x8 sprites
  • Collision boxes
  • Starting to wrap my head around using functions within tables (OOP?)

[ Continue Reading.. ]

8 comments

Cart #sizescape_pac_v1-4 | 2024-01-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My first real Pico-8 game, a port of Paku Paku, a 1D Pacman game by Kenta Cho, with some small changes and added features.

I think it's pretty fun, but would appreciate any feedback! Also interested in seeing how high your scores can get. My current best is 8,223.

Controls

Press 'x' to start, and change the direction with the left and right arrows.

While the ghost is red, it'll eat you, but if you eat a power pellet, it becomes briefly weak, and you can eat it.

Scoring

• Each basic pellet is worth points equal to your current level.
  • If you eat the ghost when it's weak, you'll get 10 times the current level.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

10 comments

Cart #fetayujiji-5 | 2024-01-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

A clone of the PAKUPAKU JavaScript game.

https://abagames.github.io/crisp-game-lib-11-games/?pakupaku

Prototype with boost feature and directional controls

Cart #fetayujiji-6 | 2024-05-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

1 comment

Hello, And welcome to Hell!!

Disclaimer: all of these mods are very difficult!! Difficulty differs between mods, so don't be upset if one is too difficult.

All of these mods require precise movement or speed tech. You can find tech required here

This page will update with new mods over time! check back soon to find more challenges!

These mods will be broken up by their difficulty and type. here is a difficulty key:

------------------------------------

--Difficulty levels

Easy : Few speed tricks - mostly just precision

Medium : Some speed tech, like pass throughs and spike jumps, and more precise tech

Hard : Lots of tech, including clips and other wacky momentum jank. very precise.

--Dashes

1Dash : You have one dash

2Dash : You have 2 dashes

0Dash : no dashes!!

Gem : mod contains gem

--Mod length

One Screen : self explanatory

Short : 1 or 2 levels

[ Continue Reading.. ]

1 comment

Hey there! Anyone got any suggestions for good 2 player games? Preferably pick-up-and-play ones where you can just hop on and off.

2 comments

Cart #snake_v1_1_1_by_termit-3 | 2024-01-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

just snake, but better and with different stages (wich google's doesn't have)
sorry for bad music
if you find any bugs, please leave a comment and i'll fix it

1.1.1 changes--
----changed main menu
----changed pause menu
----added a restart option
----better stage transition
----you can actually win

1.1 changes--
----better death screen
----better pause menu
----smaller token count

5 comments

Hello. I was thinking on how can I make enemy AI the simplest way?
I was looking on YouTube but most of the tutorials are hard to understand.
I am a beginner when it comes to pico 8, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

2 comments

Cart #kahujepebe-1 | 2024-01-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

About what you would expect from a game called "Pogo Celeste". Also includes some tweaked levels and a few new mechanics. (Small update: Improved some spawns that would lead to an immediate walljump, Fixed the sign at 1100M by making the hitbox taller)

4 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->